Suitcase Nukes Unlikely

Nuke an unborn gay whale... for Jesus!
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Suitcase Nukes Unlikely

Post by Count Zero »

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

Duh.

So far only the big nuclear powers have the expertise to build a miniaturized device of any worth, the Russians are the only ones with security weak enough for those things to get out, and even then atomics require highly technical and extremely restricted maintenance.

If terrorists had proper one-kiloton suitcase nukes why would they be piddling around with airliners? Oh, sure, they're trying to develop them--who isn't?--but it'd be kinda hard to smuggle Fat Man in a steamer trunk. Volume efficiency is one virtue first-generation atomic systems most certainly lack.
Just in case anyone wants to watch me run something.

I'll have you know I've been doing this since I was six.
Proud user of the "Are you sure you want to do that?" Clueless Player Warning System.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I just find it interesting that since they are damn near impossible, that almost every politician seems to bring up the specter of them whenever possible.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
branmakmuffin
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by branmakmuffin »

[quote="Count Zero"]I just find it interesting that since they are damn near impossible, that almost every politician seems to bring up the specter of them whenever possible.[/quote]
Good grief, man. Don't you watch "24?"

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="branmakmuffin"]Good grief, man. Don't you watch "24?"[/quote]

Actually no.. I could never get into it.

And every bit of entertainment to boot.... :P

branmakmuffin
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by branmakmuffin »

[quote="Count Zero"]Actually no.. I could never get into it.[/quote]
Then this will mean absolutely nothing to you: "God damn it! We don't have a lot of time!"