Bill says Macs get haxxed more?!

Nuke an unborn gay whale... for Jesus!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Bill says Macs get haxxed more?!

Post by Skyman »

[url=http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/02/bill_gates_we_w.html]Nowadays, security guys break the Mac every single day. Every single day, they come out with a total exploit, your machine can be taken over totally. I dare anybody to do that once a month on the Windows machine. So, yes, it took us longer, and they had what we were doing, user interface-wise. Let?s be realistic, who came up with [the] file, edit, view, help [menu bar]? Do you want to go back to the original Mac and think about where those interface concepts came from?[/url]

I like this response under the article

[quote]That would be the Xerox PARC which Bill Gates is talking about. They invented many of the GUI innovations Jobs adopted for the original Mac. As folklore.org has it, when Jobs accused Gates of ripping of the Mac GUI, Gates said "Well, Steve, I think there's more than one way of looking at it. I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." [/quote]