And Review #2

Morning after pill support group
cczernia

And Review #2

Post by cczernia »

Ok, let me just say that I plan on posting a review after each game. The reason for this is because I'm a picky player and have high expectations for this game. Normally, we only play an game for 3-8 adventures then switch to something new. I'm willing to play this game for a much longer time.

With that in mind, here is my review.

I liked the part with the ghost. I liked that it involved Jurgen and interaction with the Keepers. I realize that it was a spur of the moment thing but I would like to have had the ghost be more relevant and less a random encounter. I think it would be cool if the ghost came up in the future but overall I had a lot of fun during this part of the adventure.

Of course I love the side bits with our characters NPCs. This and PC interaction are some of my favorite parts.

The only part I didn't like was getting hired by the Crystal Shard nobles. Felt a little too random and I don't want our character motivations to be "we our adventurers and we adventure for money." I want more of a reason to infultrate the drug cartel. I want it to be more personal.

I would also love to see things start connecting. You did such a great job of this in Changeling. I would like to see more of those cool bits like the bad guy with the spider/rat creatures.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Getting hired by Castle Shard is actually linked to other stuff that's happened. You just don't know how yet. And I can't tell you how without spoiling the surprise. ARGH! (that's me being frustrated that I can't reveal my evil DM plans). But the fact that the Lord of Castle Shard hired you is no coinicidence.

I like the idea of the ghost appearing again later. Ghosts have the neat ability to rematerialize. I shall definitely have to do that, because I really liked the ghost. The real reason we had that encounter last night was because tomorrow's Halloween, and I wanted something spooky. I was desperately trying to think how I could do it, when Jurgen gave me the perfect hook by inviting Ishana and Moze along on his rounds.

I really like tying plot hooks together, and I strive to do that with lots of stuff. Some of it will remain random (mostly cuz a lot of this is spur of the moment, like you pointed out). Our Ptolus campaign will probably stretch out to be fairly long, so some of these things will be strung along for a while, and you might not know if something is connected right away. But I've actually been working towards the Castle Shard plotline for a little while.

PS - I like these review things. It helps a lot. Thanks.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!