first game poll.

The Unbreakable Union

what's going to be our first regular game?

the sudden lands- a continuing epic fantasy project (authored by neuro)
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
100%
No votes

Total votes: 3

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

continuing our discussion from the previous post, i thought we'd make this nice and democratic like. since chris' part-two vampire oneshot is not too far away, i thought it'd be nice to let whoever's running the next game have enough time to prepare.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Hope you don't mind, I changed the name of the cyberpunk option. I don't have a lot of info up, but the webpage is here:
http://rpg-sandiego.org/alephnull

I'll see about updating the site a bit tonight.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

i'm not sure what to pick honestly. i'd be happy with any of those selections.

if y'all choose one of my games, be aware that i'd only be prepared for changeling or steampunk. i still need to port engel over from the crappy d20 implementation to storyteller. that would be a later-on deal.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

How about we start with who has what ready to play and go from there. I would really like to try the Cyper Punk stuff but I'd rather we get into the motion of meeting rather than contemplating.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Really, I don't think there is any need to be democratic about it. If someone is pumped to run something then they should step up to bat. Unless someone has any objections to a game then I see little point in the poll.

But, if you guys like the poll my vote is for cyberpunk :D
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="cczernia"]Really, I don't think there is any need to be democratic about it. If someone is pumped to run something then they should step up to bat. Unless someone has any objections to a game then I see little point in the poll.
[/quote]

I absolutely agree with this. If someone has a game they're dying to run, I'd be very happy to play. I'm enthusiastic about all of the options listed, and don't feel the need to elect a game unless there's a reason to decide between the two (the most logical thing there seems to simply run one, then the other).

Since people seem to be interested in [url=http://rpg-sandiego.org/alephnull]Aleph Null[/url], I'd be happy to run it, just understand that I intend for it to eventually be run as a bi-weekly saturday game. That said, I [i]am[/i] still seeking one or two players for that game, so if you find yourself interested after playing a relatively short story arc and your schedule permits (I'm [i]very[/i] particular about player attendance after recently dropping the game due to scheduling issues), we can talk about adding you to that group.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Wintermute"][quote:cc67a79c24="cczernia"]Really, I don't think there is any need to be democratic about it. If someone is pumped to run something then they should step up to bat. Unless someone has any objections to a game then I see little point in the poll.
[/quote]

I absolutely agree with this. If someone has a game they're dying to run, I'd be very happy to play. I'm enthusiastic about all of the options listed, and don't feel the need to elect a game unless there's a reason to decide between the two (the most logical thing there seems to simply run one, then the other).[/quote:cc67a79c24]

"needed" or not, i decided to step in and put up the poll as a proactive measure so that we don't lose all this great potential energy. i find there's a finite time frame for these sorts of things. also, as i said in the original post, to give everyone (players, but mostly gm's) a heads up.

so, disregard the poll if you want. no worries. more than anything i just wanted to begin discussion, which it did. whoever wants to run the next game can tell us what's up.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Wintermute"]Since people seem to be interested in [url=http://rpg-sandiego.org/alephnull]Aleph Null[/url], I'd be happy to run it, just understand that I intend for it to eventually be run as a bi-weekly saturday game.[/quote]

If you have material ready, maybe you can do a short 3-4 session story-arc? that would give me time to get my changeling stuff organized, or whoever else wants to run something...

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="mordraine"]If you have material ready, maybe you can do a short 3-4 session story-arc? that would give me time to get my changeling stuff organized, or whoever else wants to run something...[/quote]

Sure, we'll start after the vampire game.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

This is better than a cooking store. I want one of those and one of those and two of those, and one of those. Oh! And one of those.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Wintermute"][quote:8ff3a7d8c4="mordraine"]If you have material ready, maybe you can do a short 3-4 session story-arc? that would give me time to get my changeling stuff organized, or whoever else wants to run something...[/quote]

Sure, we'll start after the vampire game.[/quote:8ff3a7d8c4]

all systems go!

yay.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Didn't mean to make the polls sound like a poopy idea. Just didn't want the same problem we had with the SDcon forum one shot day. So lets do it baby. BTW, my weekends blow but I would really like a taste of cyberpunk.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

so then it looks like andy will run aleph null for a small 3-4 sesson story arc, and then i'll start up a changeling game. someone else is welcome to step forward with another game that can run alternate to my changeling game if anyone wants.

does this sound equitable? any objections?

also, andy do you want to create pregens, or should we have a chargen session for our first aleph null get-together?
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]so then it looks like andy will run aleph null for a small 3-4 sesson story arc, and then i'll start up a changeling game. someone else is welcome to step forward with another game that can run alternate to my changeling game if anyone wants.
[/quote]

I really don't like the idea of alternating a biweekly game. That means we are playing a game once a month. If that happens I can barely remember my character's name much less what was going on.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"][quote:45d365c8ed="mordraine"]so then it looks like andy will run aleph null for a small 3-4 sesson story arc, and then i'll start up a changeling game. someone else is welcome to step forward with another game that can run alternate to my changeling game if anyone wants.
[/quote]

I really don't like the idea of alternating a biweekly game. That means we are playing a game once a month. If that happens I can barely remember my character's name much less what was going on.[/quote:45d365c8ed]

okay yeah, that's always a concern. in which case, i should probably gear my changeling game towards not being super-long running (or at least plan it so that we can have breaks), so others can have a chance at GMing.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Skyman"]Didn't mean to make the polls sound like a poopy idea. Just didn't want the same problem we had with the SDcon forum one shot day.[/quote]
'sall good. we've all got good dialogue going, so i'm happy.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mordraine"][quote:743f69f29b="cczernia"][quote:743f69f29b="mordraine"]so then it looks like andy will run aleph null for a small 3-4 sesson story arc, and then i'll start up a changeling game. someone else is welcome to step forward with another game that can run alternate to my changeling game if anyone wants.
[/quote]

I really don't like the idea of alternating a biweekly game. That means we are playing a game once a month. If that happens I can barely remember my character's name much less what was going on.[/quote:743f69f29b]

okay yeah, that's always a concern. in which case, i should probably gear my changeling game towards not being super-long running (or at least plan it so that we can have breaks), so others can have a chance at GMing.[/quote:743f69f29b]

i don't think you need to abbreviate your campaign. we can always survey what everyone's thinking at the end of sessions and feel out what we'd like to do as were progressing. y'know, play it by ear. that way if people are chomping at the bit to gm it's their prerogative to make it known.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I would probably suggest planning a campaign in manageable arcs so that we can do something for a while and then have a good stopping place to do something else if we want to. I /hate/ leaving things hanging with no clear plan for resolution. It offends my sense of.... neatness.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

If it's any help Mordraine. I really liked how Orpheus ran once a month and was self contained. You were given a lot of time to develope what we were exposed to and it always seem to have a certain level of brevity without being episodic
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]]i don't think you need to abbreviate your campaign. we can always survey what everyone's thinking at the end of sessions and feel out what we'd like to do as were progressing. y'know, play it by ear. that way if people are chomping at the bit to gm it's their prerogative to make it known.[/quote]

agreed. see below...

[quote="Neuro"]I would probably suggest planning a campaign in manageable arcs so that we can do something for a while and then have a good stopping place to do something else if we want to.[/quote]

indeed. that's what i meant by planning it so that we could take breaks for other people to GM. looks like we're all on the same page then!

[quote="skyman"]If it's any help Mordraine. I really liked how Orpheus ran once a month and was self contained. You were given a lot of time to develope what we were exposed to and it always seem to have a certain level of brevity without being episodic[/quote]

thanks simon. i think every other week will give me time enough to plan. we shall see. i've already got a few plot ideas for changeling. i'm never hurting for changeling ideas cuz i love the game so much.