Exodus

Nuke an unborn gay whale... for Jesus!
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Whole pages of bunnies. Everytime someone with a bunny avatar posts, I get a little bit happier.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Yes bunnies are infectious....obviously we have an outbreak on our hands Image

We must kill the host before it gets out of hand...just kidding...keep spreading the love Image
JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by JALU3 »

[quote="smartmonkey"]and JALU3 once again tries to turn this into a civilized conversation.[/quote]

Yes, some could see that as a fault.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="JALU3"][quote:ea06b845f0="smartmonkey"]and JALU3 once again tries to turn this into a civilized conversation.[/quote]

Yes, some could see that as a fault.[/quote:ea06b845f0]

Don't make me bunnify you!! ;)

"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by JALU3 »

You know I use to raise bunnies as a child. We lost five to a neighbors cat, since we let them free range. That's how I learned about death.

But then again, that's when there was no Eastlake and all that was out there was a small community surrounding SWC.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I never had them as pets and considered them perfectly appropriate for eating right up until Winter was /vastly/ horrified sometime early in our relationship. I guess he had them for pets, too. I'm from the South - we'll eat nearly anything. Even if it does look like the kids' pet.

opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Mmmmmm, crisp bunny with a nice peach cream sauce....mmmmmmm! Just 'cause I eat 'em don't mean I don't like 'em when they are hopping around. Ooooh, I like veal too! I have a good friend who when she was 35 decided that she would no longer eat anything with eyelashes. I pointed out that she was born with canine teeth for a reason but she said every time she would start to eat meat she would see these great big eyes with great big eyelashes and couldn't do it. Ah well, she'll probably out live me!
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Veal creeps me out. Pate is also not cool in my book.

I dunno, the more I think about the way our meat comes to us in its commercial fashion, the more upset I am. When you raised a few head of cattle and they weren't in horrid conditions, it seemed okay to eat them. When you went out, tracked it down, and shot it yourself, it seemed okay to eat it - whatever it was, in this case. The industry that does it though, since it has to accomodate all those people... I dunno. I get a step closer to vegetarianism every year. I don't -want- to turn loose of eating meat, though. Maybe I need a deep freeze and a hunting permit or something.

Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

Free range. They really treat those animals well. That is until…well…you know.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Wabbits are a little tough...meat wise
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="Neuro"]Veal creeps me out. Pate is also not cool in my book.

I dunno, the more I think about the way our meat comes to us in its commercial fashion, the more upset I am. When you raised a few head of cattle and they weren't in horrid conditions, it seemed okay to eat them. When you went out, tracked it down, and shot it yourself, it seemed okay to eat it - whatever it was, in this case. The industry that does it though, since it has to accomodate all those people... I dunno. I get a step closer to vegetarianism every year. I don't -want- to turn loose of eating meat, though. Maybe I need a deep freeze and a hunting permit or something.[/quote]

Ever had Kobe beef? These cattle get daily massages! Having been a hunter in my ill spent youth in Montana, I can tell you that no matter how good you feel about bagging your own food after eating venison for the third week in a row, you are ready for anything else. Even a small buck yields enough food, if butchered corectly, to feed a family of four well over four months. 'Course, I also bagged pheasant and gouse...and, yes, a few bunnies as well. For an entire year, my mother bought no meat from the commissary. On the reare occasion that we went out, I inhaled hamburgers! I was ready to swear off hunting, when we got transfered to Arizona and I took up hunting wild pigs....but that's another story intirely...

A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I've never hunted for pig. What's it like?

We always had lots of people to share game with, so I never got to that point, I don't think. I'm also fonder of venison than, say, beef, which we eat a great deal of without becoming particularly tired of. I do admit to having looked at yet another package of frozen meat and thought, "Oh God. Not again. Can we just get some asparagus or something and call it a night?

opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Hunting Havalina pigs convinced me to leave the game gathering to professionals. Imagine a wild pig with big mother teeth that is only about 1.5 feet tall at the shoulders, large upper torso and head, tiny feet and a disposition of a pissed off Hell's Angel. Four of us went out in an open jeep. We finally spotted a couple, stopped, and jumped to the ground. I flipped the safety of of my 30-30 and took a bead on one little cuss that was about 20 yards away. It was just standing there staring at me with two little hate-filled, beedy eyes...daring me to do my worst. I was just about to raise my rifle thinking that it wasn't sporting to shoot at something that wasn't running away (God, I was young...17) when the little bugger charged. So I drew a bead and fired...missed (taking out a major chunk of catus behind it)...fired...and hit...and it kept coming. Now this was a 30-30 hollow point and about 1/4 of this pig's flank went flying out the back side...and it kept coming. I got off two more shots, one hit, before jumping into the back of the jeep...the others joined suit quite rapidly. This little creature got to the jeep, grunted at us, took a bite out of the left rear tire and died. It was the toughest pork I have ever eaten and I have not gone hunting since...
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Kobe beef not only gets daily massages but with sake or wine showers. Talk about rub marinating.

As for your pig story...dude you should've realized it was a 11HD Dire Pig with toughness. What were you thinking? :lol: You need to use at least +2 hallow point or a bullet of Dire Pig slaying to have any effect.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="opwunder"]Hunting Havalina pigs convinced me to leave the game gathering to professionals. Imagine a wild pig with big mother teeth that is only about 1.5 feet tall at the shoulders, large upper torso and head, tiny feet and a disposition of a pissed off Hell's Angel. Four of us went out in an open jeep. We finally spotted a couple, stopped, and jumped to the ground. I flipped the safety of of my 30-30 and took a bead on one little cuss that was about 20 yards away. It was just standing there staring at me with two little hate-filled, beedy eyes...daring me to do my worst. I was just about to raise my rifle thinking that it wasn't sporting to shoot at something that wasn't running away (God, I was young...17) when the little bugger charged. So I drew a bead and fired...missed (taking out a major chunk of catus behind it)...fired...and hit...and it kept coming. Now this was a 30-30 hollow point and about 1/4 of this pig's flank went flying out the back side...and it kept coming. I got off two more shots, one hit, before jumping into the back of the jeep...the others joined suit quite rapidly. This little creature got to the jeep, grunted at us, took a bite out of the left rear tire and died. It was the toughest pork I have ever eaten and I have not gone hunting since...[/quote]

I honestly can't stop laughing. I can just see this pissed off, dying pig trying to eat your jeep, and start on all of you next.

Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

[quote="opwunder"]... This little creature got to the jeep, grunted at us, took a bite out of the left rear tire and died. It was the toughest pork I have ever eaten and I have not gone hunting since...[/quote]
And that’s the reason boar spears have big ass cross bars.

opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

I should add that the tire went flat when the pig bit it...I reached down and grabbed him and we drove at least a mile before stopping and changing the tire...we saw his buds in the distance and figured it was not the place to be squatting and changing a tire!
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="opwunder"]Hunting Havalina pigs convinced me to leave the game gathering to professionals. Imagine a wild pig with big mother teeth that is only about 1.5 feet tall at the shoulders, large upper torso and head, tiny feet and a disposition of a pissed off Hell's Angel. Four of us went out in an open jeep. We finally spotted a couple, stopped, and jumped to the ground. I flipped the safety of of my 30-30 and took a bead on one little cuss that was about 20 yards away. It was just standing there staring at me with two little hate-filled, beedy eyes...daring me to do my worst. I was just about to raise my rifle thinking that it wasn't sporting to shoot at something that wasn't running away (God, I was young...17) when the little bugger charged. So I drew a bead and fired...missed (taking out a major chunk of catus behind it)...fired...and hit...and it kept coming. Now this was a 30-30 hollow point and about 1/4 of this pig's flank went flying out the back side...and it kept coming. I got off two more shots, one hit, before jumping into the back of the jeep...the others joined suit quite rapidly. This little creature got to the jeep, grunted at us, took a bite out of the left rear tire and died. It was the toughest pork I have ever eaten and I have not gone hunting since...[/quote]

This is the exact reason that you never go hunting for dangerous game alone. I want my friend or guide to be packing something big and reliable.

Daniel

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

[quote="Foxbat"][quote:501a1f1751="opwunder"]Hunting Havalina pigs convinced me to leave the game gathering to professionals. Imagine a wild pig with big mother teeth that is only about 1.5 feet tall at the shoulders, large upper torso and head, tiny feet and a disposition of a pissed off Hell's Angel. Four of us went out in an open jeep. We finally spotted a couple, stopped, and jumped to the ground. I flipped the safety of of my 30-30 and took a bead on one little cuss that was about 20 yards away. It was just standing there staring at me with two little hate-filled, beedy eyes...daring me to do my worst. I was just about to raise my rifle thinking that it wasn't sporting to shoot at something that wasn't running away (God, I was young...17) when the little bugger charged. So I drew a bead and fired...missed (taking out a major chunk of catus behind it)...fired...and hit...and it kept coming. Now this was a 30-30 hollow point and about 1/4 of this pig's flank went flying out the back side...and it kept coming. I got off two more shots, one hit, before jumping into the back of the jeep...the others joined suit quite rapidly. This little creature got to the jeep, grunted at us, took a bite out of the left rear tire and died. It was the toughest pork I have ever eaten and I have not gone hunting since...[/quote]

This is the exact reason that you never go hunting for dangerous game alone. I want my friend or guide to be packing something big and reliable.

Daniel[/quote:501a1f1751]

I just want my friend to run slower than I do ;)

opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Arizona was actually pretty tame versus the year and a half I spent in Montana...bit by a rattlesnake, lost in a snow storm, chased into a small cave by a brown bear, and worked on a cattle ranch (main job: castrating calves)......not bad for a 16 to 17 year old...
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I've always been reallly afraid of being bitten by rattlesnakes. Yet you seem to have all your limbs and things in working order. What was that like?

opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="Neuro"]I've always been reallly afraid of being bitten by rattlesnakes. Yet you seem to have all your limbs and things in working order. What was that like?[/quote]

Well. four of us were out hunting pheasant and had spread out quite a bit (shotguns can be a little dangerous in close quarters). I was walking along and felt a warmness in my leg and stopped. When I looked down, I founs a the distended jaw of a diamondback rattler imbedded into my leg half an inch above my boot top. Triling behind its head was about four feet of body. Contrary to popular belief, they do not always announce themselves with a rattle...and this was one of those times. I stood there and just waited. The more you move the more venom it pumps into you. After what felt like an eternity, it dislodged (which up to this point was the first time I felt any pain...this made up for it). Once it let go, I took the shotgun butt and smashed its head flat. I then sat down and fired off two shots in succession to let the others know that I needed help.

The last to arrive was the person who was designated to bring the snake bite kit (we each had something we were responsible for so that we all wouldn't be burdened with carring everything). He took one look at me and went, "Oh shit!" It seems he had forgotten it. Understand, at this time it was believed that when bit you had to cut an X into each puncture that was a half an inch deep. We used my new bowie knife and painfully sliced my leg and then Mister Forgetfull got to suck away on my leg...at the time I wished him cavities but I got over it. They then had to carry me a little over a mile to the car and then drive 20 miles of dirt and one lane roads to reach the base. Once a doctor saw me, he said it was a little late for the anti-venom to do a hell of a lot.

The next two weeks, I was bed ridden with fever and cramps. It started out bad with my mother washing me down to lower my temp but diminished with each passing day...I sorta soaked it towards the end...meals in bed and all that...

While I have heard accounts that were both worse and easier, I do not recommend this to anyone.

I hunted rattlesnake just for the joy of it for about six months after I recovered!

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

That sounds rough. I'll make sure it's nowhere on my list of things to do. You're not the only vengeful victim, though. Wintermute -still- wants to eat a stingray, I think.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

I've killed three rattlesnakes that have shown up in my backyard. Shovels are wonderful inventions.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="smartmonkey"]I've killed three rattlesnakes that have shown up in my backyard. Shovels are wonderful inventions.[/quote]

I've gotten a couple with a piece of shale. They are so blind that when something is coming toward them, they strike. Nice sharp piece of shale slices right through and you only have to aim close.

Turned a corner once and came on one coiled up. I had my .22 rifle slung in the crook of my arm, barrel down. I just eased the barrel down close and it stuck it's nose right up to it...and I just pulled the trigger.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]Turned a corner once and came on one coiled up. I had my .22 rifle slung in the crook of my arm, barrel down. I just eased the barrel down close and it stuck it's nose right up to it...and I just pulled the trigger.[/quote]

Good times. We get them all the time in Pine Valley. Enough that the Fire Fighters ambulance carries anti-venom as a regular stocked item.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

oddly i was up in Cuyamaca 4 weeks ago and rattle snake bit someone in the butt at he store or restraunt there...OUCH
FIre Dept had anti-venom
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]oddly i was up in Cuyamaca 4 weeks ago and rattle snake bit someone in the butt at he store or restraunt there...OUCH

FIre Dept had anti-venom
[/quote]

"Hey honey! Those rocks over there look awful nice to sit on! Hey, something just bit my ass!"

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

The snake was actually in the restraunt.
"I would like to order the special and a piece of shale for the thing on my azz."