Dodeca-HyphenCon! :: Pimp Your Games! [Now with Voting!!]

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.

Up to 3 choices per voter! You can't change your vote once submitted, so choose wisely. Go Hyph!

Poll ended at Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:16 am

Trouble in Paradise [cczernia] - Bulldogs
5%
No Place for Children [cczernia] - Masks
14%
Who's the Mack [Savage Slacker] - Lasers&Feelings
5%
Ghost/Echo [Savage Slacker] - Ghost/Echo
5%
Ape Missions! [mordraine] - Feng Shui 2
9%
Threadbare [BlanchPrez] - Threadbare RPG
14%
Chi-town Breakout [Cthulhu] - Savage RIFTS
9%
Yellow Jack [Cthulhu] - Feng Shui 2
9%
The Klarthatch [SpaceMonkey] - Dungeon World
14%
New Motor City [SpaceMonkey] - Headspace
18%

Total votes: 22

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Dodeca-HyphenCon! :: Pimp Your Games! [Now with Voting!!]

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Ok, Voting is over and we have 6 games slated for the con:

3 - No Place for Children [cczernia] - Masks
2 - Ape Missions! [mordraine] - Feng Shui 2
3 - Threadbare [BlanchPrez] - Threadbare RPG
2 - Chi-town Breakout [Cthulhu] - Savage RIFTS
2 - Yellow Jack [Cthulhu] - Feng Shui 2
4 - New Motor City [SpaceMonkey] - Headspace

These games didn't make the final cut, but you can prep them as backup games if you like (if someone drops out or if we have to go to 4 tables):
1 - Trouble in Paradise [cczernia] - Bulldogs
1 - Who's the Mack [Savage Slacker] - Lasers&Feelings
1 - Ghost/Echo [Savage Slacker] - Ghost/Echo
3 (gm passed on 2 games) - The Klarthatch [SpaceMonkey] - Dungeon World

------------------------------------------------------------
Pimping is over; Time for Voting!

Voting Now Open! Here are instructions:

Vote for up to 3 options. Pick the games you would most want to play.

You have a week to vote (7 days exactly from when I posted this poll - the morning of the 24th), so choose carefully - you will not be able to change your vote once submitted. If we need to do a run-off we will have time after that.

GMs: If there is any error in your post let me know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, everyone feel free to pimp your games here! Please remember the following:

* a max of 2 submissions per person (one is ok as well if you know you have a winner).
* any game, any game system - we're pretty open around here
* bring your best pitch, because it won't get on the schedule without some votes!
* also, please note whether you would be down to run 2 games if you submit 2 and both are voted in, or if you would prefer only one. Doesn't always come up, but helps us organize it if it does.

Pimp until: October 16th (bring your A-game people!)
Vote: Oct 17th - 24th (primary vote, run-off if needed)
Prep: from the final vote tally until the Hyph (for those lucky GMs with winning pitches)

Ok, go!
Last edited by SpaceMonkey on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
cczernia

Re: Dodeca-HyphenCon! :: Pimp Your Games!

Post by cczernia »

Trouble in Paradise (Bulldogs) - They've got the ship. You've got a pulse. Welcome do Bulldogs - scifi that kicks ass.

Dizzy Wonder, the CEO of Wonder Planetary Estate as gone off to Appolonia, a pleasure satellite. Members of the board have also gone missing and Dizzy's father, Paulie, thinks Dizzy is going to sell the company. Luckily, Dizzy's sister is a member of a crew who can sneak in and prevent him from selling the family company. Or at least that is what Paulie hopes will happen.

No Place for Children (Masks) - After the Golden, Silver, and Bronze Ages in Halcyon City, now it’s Your Age, but what does that mean? You play teen superheroes trying to figure out who you are and what kind of heroes you want to be while others try to shape and define your identity. If you liked Young Avengers, Teen Titans, Young Justice, and Runaways, this is your jam.

During the Cold War the heroes of the Silver Age managed to destroy the villain, The Immortal, by atomizing him. 40 years after his death he has returned but only the younger heroes can see him. It is up to them to take down The Immortal before he kills the last of the Silver Age heroes.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Savage Slacker
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Savage Slacker »

Who's the Mack?

Pimpin' this:

Lasers&Feelings-A quick play RPG by John Harper

What!? A full Star Trek game on 1 page!?

Download it(or just read more infos with art)

http://www.onesevendesign.com/laserfeelings/

Aaaand this:

Ghost/Echo-An oracle game by John Harper

It's kind of The Sprawl meets Call of Cthulhu. Or whatever we make the world.

Download it(or just read more infos with art)

http://www.onesevendesign.com/ghostecho/

Pimpin' is easy. They pimpin' themselves
Bring all your dice!

Edit: I would gladly run both games
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Ape Missions!

You are part of a team of subversive Simian resistance fighters, struggling to save other primates from the transgressions and experimentations of the humans (gorilla guerrillas so to speak). You and your team are unique, as far as you've been told. The only intelligent apes and monkeys on a planet filled with cruel and evil humans. But that will change! Soon. Soon!

Using the Feng Shui system, with custom built archetypes.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Threadbare (Threadbare RPG)

The world is broken, and so are you. You and your friends are broken toys living in a post apocalyptic future, doing your best to fix whatever you can. You currently are traveling in a vehicle you affectionately call "the Machine," and have been hired by the settlement of Geppetto’s to bring them a precious cargo across the wastes. It should be a milk run, but in addition to finding out your old rival who really wants the Machine for themselves, is in the area, there is a storm coming, and you're almost out of gas. Can you make it Geppetto’s with the cargo mostly intact?

(Threadbare is a new RPG that I helped kickstart, and I will be using the current beta test rules to play it. It's a light game that focuses on story and role playing and discourages combat, though it can be included in the game if all the players decide they are okay with it. It looks like fun, and I'm hoping to have some franken-toys available as models for the characters).
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Chi-town Breakout (Savage RIFTS)
You knew operating so close to Coalition Territory was a going to be trouble, but the credits were too good to pass up. After a job gone wrong, some of your crew are locked up in a Chi-Town pen awaiting god knows what fate. You're going to need them back to complete the job, because the thing that hired you is not patient or forgiving. This is a RIFTS game using the new Savage Worlds version.

Yellow Jack (Feng Shui 2)
After months at sea, the crew looks forward to a few weeks recreation in a lively port. The peace is broken when an old rival's ship comes over the horizon, it tattered sails billowing under it's witch's power, it's cannons spitting rune-shot into the crowded streets. Has your mad former crew-mate come for revenge or something much worse? This is a pirate era fantasy/alt history game run in Feng Shui 2.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Ok, some good stuff so far! If you want to get a game on the list for voting, make sure to do so by Monday morning, cause that's when voting will start. You've got the weekend left to post for all you procrastinators!
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Pitch 1 - 'The Klarthatch' - A fantasy / steampunk scenario; modified Dungeon World ruleset
The war could be going better. The enemy is just cranking out armor too fast for your side to keep up. Nobody knows how they are doing it, but recent intelligence indicates that something vitally important to the enemy's operations is being shipped to their manufacturing plants. Your orders are to stop it, at any cost. The catch: it's being transported by submarine, and your side doesn't have any working vessels like that yet - except for one... an old-style magic contraption that hasn't been used in years. Anchors aweigh!

Pitch 2 - 'New Motor City' - a cyberpunk scenario; Headspace ruleset.
Things sure ain't what they used to be. Caught between the corps, the people, and the blink-and-you'll-miss-it pace of Detroit 2065 - your team is something special. Your Headspace Instance lets you do things other crews can't. Sure, it's glitchy sometimes, and illegal as hell, but it helps you get the job done, share skills and thought like others share files - like K-wat said in his latest single 'all for one and one for all' or someshit (pretty sure he sampled that from somewhere, but who cares? - the sentiment stands). Still and all, you've got some skeletons to clean out of the old closet - and this latest job is gonna help do just that. Sounds simple enough, so it's sure to go sideways - but that's when your Headspace gives you the edge you need to get through. The New Motor City awaits - Fast cars, fast music, fast fame, fast life. Don't dawdle or you might just miss it.

* GM Preference - I prefer to only run one game if both of mine get voted in. Too many good games at They Hyph for me to not get to play any!
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Ok, so pimping is done and we'll start the voting! That will be this same thread, I'm just going to add a poll at the top. Please do vote - even if you are cool with whatever games it helps us track number of attendees so we know what to expect. If you absolutely don't want to vote, please post an RSVP in this thread instead. Thanks!
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Re: Dodeca-HyphenCon! :: Pimp Your Games! [Now with Voting!!

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Pimping is over; Time for Voting!

Voting Now Open! Here are instructions:

Vote for up to 3 options. Pick the games you would most want to play.

You have a week to vote (7 days exactly from when I posted this poll - the morning of the 24th), so choose carefully - you will not be able to change your vote once submitted. If we need to do a run-off we will have time after that.

GMs: If there is any error in your post let me know.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Ok, Voting is over and we have 6 games slated for the con:

3 - No Place for Children [cczernia] - Masks
2 - Ape Missions! [mordraine] - Feng Shui 2
3 - Threadbare [BlanchPrez] - Threadbare RPG
2 - Chi-town Breakout [Cthulhu] - Savage RIFTS
2 - Yellow Jack [Cthulhu] - Feng Shui 2
4 - New Motor City [SpaceMonkey] - Headspace

Those GMs listed above have about 3 weeks of prep time, so get to it!

These games didn't make the final cut, but you can prep them as backup games if you like (if someone drops out or if we have to go to 4 tables):
1 - Trouble in Paradise [cczernia] - Bulldogs
1 - Who's the Mack [Savage Slacker] - Lasers&Feelings
1 - Ghost/Echo [Savage Slacker] - Ghost/Echo
3 (gm passed on 2 games) - The Klarthatch [SpaceMonkey] - Dungeon World
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Details up in the other thread: viewtopic.php?p=84213#p84213
(times, location, etc.)
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

2017 Hyph announcement thread is up: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11828
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**