Hyphen-Con Ocho: Boardgames

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Hyphen-Con Ocho: Boardgames

Post by devlin1 »

It's almost upon us, people! What boardgames are we bringing for Sunday?

Me, I'm bringing Lords of Waterdeep, because I just got it and it's a great game -- unless someone else brings it, in which case never mind.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Re: Hyphen-Con Ocho: Boardgames

Post by BlanchPrez »

Oh, man, I want in on that!

I'm bringing a grab bag of the various games I got around the house. They include, but are not limited to, Alhambra, Anasazi, Munchkin, Dominion and Illuminati.

-Chris
AnotherFangirl
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by AnotherFangirl »

I can bring Star Trek: The Deck Building Game and Tanto Cuore.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

AnotherFangirl wrote:I can bring Star Trek: The Deck Building Game and Tanto Cuore.
I really want to give that Star Trek DBG another shot. I had fun with it before, but it took me, like, 1/3 of the game to really get it. Now that I'm a little more comfortable with it, I think it'll play even better (for me, anyway).
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

I can bring Conquest of Nerath, Ravenloft boardgame, Kill Doctor Lucky, and Pandemic.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

mrlost wrote:Conquest of Nerath
Really want to play this one too (finally).
Mike Olson
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I've Got:

Arkham Horror
Elder Sign
Pirate Flux
Star Munchkin
Dominion
Zombies
AnotherFangirl
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by AnotherFangirl »

devlin1 wrote:
AnotherFangirl wrote:I can bring Star Trek: The Deck Building Game and Tanto Cuore.
I really want to give that Star Trek DBG another shot. I had fun with it before, but it took me, like, 1/3 of the game to really get it. Now that I'm a little more comfortable with it, I think it'll play even better (for me, anyway).
We've play a few times since we played with you. The PvP battles never got fun. Sometimes we just remove them.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

AnotherFangirl wrote:We've play a few times since we played with you. The PvP battles never got fun. Sometimes we just remove them.
I have to say, it's totally in keeping with Star Trek that when the possibility of war comes up, the best option is to not participate. I don't know if that was an intentional design decision or what, but if it was... that's pretty clever.
Mike Olson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Hey, I'm curious. Would anyone be interested in me bringing in Blood Bowl? I've got at least two boards, and several teams. They're not all painted, but I got 'em nonetheless.

-Chris
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

BlanchPrez wrote:Hey, I'm curious. Would anyone be interested in me bringing in Blood Bowl? I've got at least two boards, and several teams. They're not all painted, but I got 'em nonetheless.

-Chris
I'd say bring it anyway, even if it doesn't get played, at least the option is there.

I will be bringing Ticket To Ride.