And Review

Morning after pill support group
cczernia

And Review

Post by cczernia »

Good game last night guys. Had a lot of fun playing the NPC fighters. Some things to think about for the next game.

- We need to find a way to get CZ's character more into the group. I think that Jurgen, Moze and Ishana are close but I don't even remember CZ's character's name.

- I want to do more exploring of each individuals story. Like spend an entire adventure in the noble quarters, then an adventure in the monestary, the Warren's and then CZ's character's family.

- RULES I was wondering if we could include a luck/drama/action point system. The only reason D&D doesn't have one is because it is D&D. I was thinking we could include the action point from d20 Modern.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="cczernia"]- We need to find a way to get CZ's character more into the group. I think that Jurgen, Moze and Ishana are close but I don't even remember CZ's character's name.[/quote]his name is thok. i think.

i had loads of fun, too. sorry if my intermittent involvement was stalling the action at times. i like to err on the side of caution and rather my houseguests not have salmonella.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Jonathan's character's name is Thox. With an "x".

Using drama points is a good idea. We'll implement the D20 Modern variant.

We still have another storyline to conclude with Ishana infiltrating Toridan Cran's criminal gang. I'll figure out a way to integrate Thox into that story.

RE: your ideas for adventures in each part of town where the PCs are is a good one. I had an idea along those lines as well, where there are stories that get kicked off from each PC's personal story. For instance, Moze's story might not necessarily take place entirely in the Nobles Quarter, but it will be sparked by the fact that he's part of House Khatru, or something (actually the current storyline came from that). Anyway, that was my thought.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]Jonathan's character's name is Thox. With an "x".

We still have another storyline to conclude with Ishana infiltrating Toridan Cran's criminal gang. I'll figure out a way to integrate Thox into that story.

RE: your ideas for adventures in each part of town where the PCs are is a good one. I had an idea along those lines as well, where there are stories that get kicked off from each PC's personal story. For instance, Moze's story might not necessarily take place entirely in the Nobles Quarter, but it will be sparked by the fact that he's part of House Khatru, or something (actually the current storyline came from that). Anyway, that was my thought.[/quote]

Cool, my point with Thox is that my character doesn't really know him. And in the next game I wouldn't be as close to him as I would Jurgen and Moze and would like to see the friendship grow instead of assumed.

Also, something else I would like to see is negative reactions toward Ishana. She is a dirt poor thug from the worst part of town and I would love to play that up more.

Ptolus is currently my favorite game and your doing a great job Mord.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]Cool, my point with Thox is that my character doesn't really know him. And in the next game I wouldn't be as close to him as I would Jurgen and Moze and would like to see the friendship grow instead of assumed. [/quote]

Yeah, I knew what you meant. I was just correcting Albert's spelling. I need to keep an eye on Albert at all times.

[quote="cczernia"]Also, something else I would like to see is negative reactions toward Ishana. She is a dirt poor thug from the worst part of town and I would love to play that up more.[/quote]

Right-o. I'll keep that in mind.

[quote="cczernia"]Ptolus is currently my favorite game and your doing a great job Mord.[/quote]

I'm flattered. Thanks. It keeps my enthusiasm up if I know you guys are having a good time.

We definitely have to include Thox in more stuff, and get his relationship with the rest of the PCs more defined. I felt like he was left out a little bit last night. He had two small things to do - breaking Theodin's knee, and the drinking contest (*snort*). So, yeah, I'll try to do better in that area too.

BTW, thanks for the constructive criticizm. This is good.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I have decided that while my character is a drunkard (he is a dwarf afterall), he is the classic "good cop" in reguards to the setting. Since he is a republican, he would believe that all crimes need to be investigated and such.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mordraine"]I need to keep an eye on Albert at all times.[/quote]damn skippy.

i'm having a lot of fun, too.