Episode 1: The Return

A play by post game run and moderated by BlanchPrez
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"][OOC- dice roll on the way. Here's hoping it's a better roll! edit: nope, it's not.][/quote]

Man, I think your last three rolls have been exactly the same!

Chris

Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Yes they have. Thank goodness for ability bonuses.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Captain Wraith and Sslarr both take aim at the same robot, and though neither blast would have seriouslly damaged it alone, together, they tear a shred out of his side, causing it to fall to the ground, unfunctioning. The remaining robot stops, confused to find itself alone. A small antena sprouts from its head and a faint beeping can be heard.

Meanwhile, Doc, leading the refugee's up the tunnel, hears exactly what he expected to hear... the hum of a robot coming his way.

Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra fires at the remaining lone Bot
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Doc uses his communicator to let the team know of the approaching robot, gestures for the scientists to (a) if the sound is from the direction that we are headed, to get behind him or (b) if the sound is not from the direction we are headed, to continue on without him. Either way he will crouch and prepare to fire his phaser whenever the robot shows itself.

(OOC - I will send you several rolls...)
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Dra takes aim, and lets lose with a blast of blue energy from her phaser, hitting the remaining robot square on, causing it to dissapear in a flash of blue/white light.

Meanwhile, Doc orders the scientests behind him, and aims his phaser forward. A few seconds later, the robot rounds the cornor, with an unconcious Lt. Komar slung over it's torso. Doc pulls the trigger of his phaser before he realizes the Lt. is there, but pulls his shot just in time to avoid hitting his crewmate.

The robot, surprised by the attack, raises an antanna and Doc can hear more of those beeping noises. A second later, a stream of green light surrounds the robot as the whine of a transporter can be heard. Before Doc can even react, the robot and Lt. Komar are both gone.

Chris
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Doc motions the scientists to follow him and continue to the surface. He pulls his communicator and reports to the Captain what has happened and tells him that as soon as they make the surface he will notify the two ships to transport them to their respective sick bays.
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Wraith claps Sslarr on the back after that last shot, giving him a smile (but not a toothy grin).

"Well done! Now, what do you say to getting out of here? I think... <opens comm> ...What's that doc? Komar? Damn! - but we need to get the scientists to the ship - and treat our wounded. No choice but to come back for Komar."

Wraith's smile quickly turns to a look of consternation, but he sets his jaw resolutely and follows after the doctor, his phaser at the ready for any further trouble.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra listens to her com and mutters "Crap!"
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Sslarr answered the human's show of comeraderie with a quick nod of his head. Then after hearing the report from the doctor, kept his blaster at the ready and followed Wraith.

"I can head up a smaller group to try to find your missing crewmember while you take care of the others, Captain Wraith," rumbled the Gorn.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="mordraine"]"I can head up a smaller group to try to find your missing crewmember while you take care of the others, Captain Wraith," rumbled the Gorn.[/quote]

"I just don't know how many of these robots there are, and what they are up to. The scientists may be able to give us some more information, and we can return with a security detail in under an hour. Seems like we should go in with too much firepower over too little - especially since they know we are here now for sure. Still - I'm not saying I wouldn't join you if you feel you have to go now.. I just don't think its wise.

... course that sort of thing never stopped me before, come to think about it."

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra say's to Captain Wraith "I would like to assist Captain Sslarr's force?!"
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Doc, once on the surface will notify both ships and have the scientists beamed to thier ships. He will then beam up himself. Once in sickbay he will have communications alert the settlers of what has transpired before attending to the scientists. When it doesn't interfere he will question them about what happened.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Captain Wraith looks to Dra and noods. “I understand, Commander, but right now, I need you on the bridge. Go with Doc and the scientists and make sure everything is okay, then start a scan for Lt. Komar.”

“Yes, Sir,” she said smartly, hiding any resentment she may have had at the order. She was a better officer than to let anything like that show.

Doc and Commander Dra, along with the human scientists, gathered, and Doc opened his communicator.

“Witherspoon to Challenger. Emergency Medical Transport, beams us right to sickbay.”

A few seconds later, the white/yellow beam descended on them, and with the familiar whine and hum, the group disappeared. Captain Sslarr did the same with the Gorn scientists, though he, of course, stayed behind.

On the Challenger, Doc found his sickbay slightly cramped with the extra people in it. It was, after all, only a ships sick bay, with only 4 beds and one surgical bay. However, with no truly serious injuries, Doc felt sure he could handle most of these people’s injuries easily and have them to a transporter and back to their home shortly. Of course, he could have sent them to the clinic found in the colony, but the ships facilities was far superior. Grabbing a medical scanner, Doc set about working.

Dra surveyed the situation for a second, then, satisfied that Doc had things under control, said “I’m heading to the bridge. I’ll notify the colony that we have the missing scientists. Let me know if anything happens.”

The only acknowledgement that Dra got was a grunt from Doc, which she took to mean he understood.

Upon entering the bridge, she saw a slightly relieved crew to see their First Officer back onboard. She nodded at them, relieved the duty officer, ordered a report to be sent to the colony, and then sat at the science station and set about finding Lt. Komar. He could have been transported almost anywhere! Well, she needed to start somewhere, so she decided to focus first on the planet’s surface.

Back on the planet’s surface, Wraith and Sslarr looked at each other, wondering what their next move should be.

Komar woke up on a hard plastic-like bunk in a small sparse cell that wasn’t much larger than a walk-in closet. An open door was the only entrance, but Komar heard the hum of a force-field, and knew he was truly trapped. His had ached like he had been hit with a club, but otherwise appeared to be fine.

His equipment was missing, however, including his communicator and phaser.

Before he could do anything else, he heard footsteps from down the corridor. Two small humanoids came into view then, one slighter larger than the other, but neither reaching over 5’ in height. They were both blue skinned, with a muzzled face and a maw full of sharp teeth. Their hair was a darker blue and covered their head and cheeks, but no where else on the face, and their eyes were a yellow color. They had four arms each, and the larger one carried what appeared to be a rifle of some sort in one pair of arms. The smaller one wore flowing white robes with no markings on them at all, while the other had on what appeared to be a military uniform made of some sort of leather, with what Komar figured had to be rank insignias and unit markings.

“Oh, good,” the smaller one said in perfect Orion. “You’re awake. Then we can begin.”
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[Left planetside: Wraith, Sslarr, Dix - is that everyone?]

Maybe we should start by checking the spot the Doc pointed out - where the Robot was transported? Maybe check the room out as well and see if we can find anything to indicate where they may have been transported to? Barring that, either of you have any tracking skills?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"][Left planetside: Wraith, Sslarr, Dix - is that everyone?]
[/quote]

(That looks right.)

A few moments after everyone beemed up, the whine of a transporter can be heard again, as a 5 man securty team from the Challenger appears.

One heads toward Dixon, and says "Sir, Commander Dra ordered us to report to you and the captain."

Chris

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"][Left planetside: Wraith, Sslarr, Dix - is that everyone?]

Maybe we should start by checking the spot the Doc pointed out - where the Robot was transported? Maybe check the room out as well and see if we can find anything to indicate where they may have been transported to? Barring that, either of you have any tracking skills?[/quote]

Captain Sslarr shook his head in the negative. "No, I do not track. I hunt and trust my instincts. Which tell me to head down. We shall find what we are looking for."

[OOC - could we have a description of where we are again? Did we go back up to the surface?]

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[Pretty sure we just went towards the mouth of the cave enough to get a transporter signal through, which may have been all the way outside, I'm not sure..]

"All right, sounds like a reasonable course of action Sslarr."
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"][OOC - could we have a description of where we are again? Did we go back up to the surface?][/quote]

(Sorry, I had assumed that you had all gone back outside. The transporter lock for that many people needed to be on the surface, either in the cave entrance, or outside, so if not outside, pretty damn close.)

Chris

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[OOC- ok, let's assume we're just at the mouth of the cave.]

Sslarr nodded to Wraith.

"Let's start where we found the missing scientists. We'll look for clues there, and perhaps other passage ways down."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra scans the area around the planet surface and orbit. Notifies the Gorn ship of the events and of our response.

Commander Dra sends communication Captain Wraith or Dix(Depending who is still on the surface at this point)of the communication with the Gorn ship.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

(Okay, so, for those of you that have decended back to the room the robots were found in, give me survival checks as you search around. If you prefer to search using your tricorder, give me a computer use check.)

Chris
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[OOC - roll just made and sent. The usual piss poor roll. Pretty decent bonus but still... arrgh.]
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

((I'm going to apologize in advance, because I am going to "take over" some of your characters to keep things moving. Also, I am writing this without the benifet of spell check, so I apologize for that too.))

Sslarr and Wraith begin searching the room and cave where the scientests were rescued, while Dixon takes a sentry post at the door, ordering his men to aid the two captains.

After what seems like hours of searching, Wraith finds something.

"Captain Sslarr, come here, I think you'll want to check this out."

The Gorn makes his way towards where the little human was point at. It was one of the sections of rock where the robots had been digging with their lazers. Clearing some of the rock and dust away, Sslarr saw something metal, something that looked like the corner of a controll panel. In fact, if Sslarr had to make a guess, the wall looked very much like the seem of a door.

His only response was to grunt and nod, as if this was what he expected to find. Wraith, not wanting to seem as surprised by the Gorn's lack of reaction, flipped open his communicator.

"Wraith to Challenger."

"Challenger here, sir," came Dra's voice.

"Commander, I think we're going to need some digging equipment and crew. We've discovered what appears to be doorway leading further into the cave. Could be more information behind it."

"Yes, sir, they'll be down in 5 minutes. Also, I have a report on the scanning."

"Go ahead," Wraith said, motioning to the Gorn captain so he could hear the report as well.

"Our scans have found nothing so far, no trace of Lt. Komar or of any signature that matches those the robots gave off. However, the Gorn ship has just reported that they are detecting a ship of some sort just outside the solar system."

With that, Sslarr's own communicator goes off. Turning it on, he grunts "Report."

"Sir, we have dectected a ship on the outskirts of this system. No identification as of yet, as it is hiding behind Cestis VI itself, shadowing it from our scans."

((Okay, you guys have command of your characters again.))

Chris
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

"Hmm.. I had assumed that the robot transported somewhere else in the cavern system, but if there is a ship about, that may have been the destination."

Wraith speaks again into his communicator: "Commander, by your estimation, is the other ship close enough to have beamed the robot there, assuming their transporters are roughly equivilant to our own?"

Turning back to Sslarr: "I don't like the sound of that other ship - why is it attempting to remain hidden? We may need to catch ourselves a mysterious spacecraft while the digging crew is at work. What do you think?"
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra says "No...but if it could have been closer earlier then it would be possible. I'll take the ship to the edge of the solar system to check it out after I send some engineers and digging equipment."

Commander Dra assembles geological engineers and digging equipment. Transports them down and heads out to the edge of the solar system.
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Doc, when finished tending the scientists, goes to the bridge to see what is going on. After Commander Dra fills him in, he will stay on the bridge unless a medical need arises.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra fills him(Doc) in on the latest intel
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]With that, Sslarr's own communicator goes off. Turning it on, he grunts "Report."

"Sir, we have dectected a ship on the outskirts of this system. No identification as of yet, as it is hiding behind Cestis VI itself, shadowing it from our scans."[/quote]

The Gorn captain replied, "Continue tracking. Go to Battle Alert. Set shields on maximum. Contact me if there's any change in status."

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Turning back to Sslarr: "I don't like the sound of that other ship - why is it attempting to remain hidden? We may need to catch ourselves a mysterious spacecraft while the digging crew is at work. What do you think?"[/quote]

"I have notified my ship to go to Battle Alert. I recommend you do the same for yours," replied Sslarr. "If the ship stays where it is and doesn't threaten, then we might as well continue our search here."

Sslarr then turned back to the wall and looked at the edges of the recently revealed control panel, looking to see if he could pry it open.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

(okay, just to see if I get this right, Wraith, Dix and Sslarr are staying on the surface, while Dra and Doc are taking the two ships to investigate. If this is wrong, let me know).

As Dra and Doc look out at space through the view screen, the doors to the bridge opened, and a young human woman stepped out. She was dark haired, and appeared to be of Hispanic heritage, and was wearing a jump suit that was often used as emergency clothing for civilians. This was Martina Schulenburg, the erstwhile leader of the rescued scientists.

Doc came up to her immediately, while Dra stayed in the command chair, though she had turned it to look at her.

“I understand you’re preparing to leave orbit.” She said.

“That’s correct,” Dra said in a neutral tone.

“I would like to request that you allow myself and my fellow scientists to return to the colony before you leave.”

“That’s a very reasonable request,” Doc said. “Commander?”

“Of course. Please, Doc, escort our guests to transporter room 2. Our digging team is still preparing to beam down, we won’t leave until we hear that both teams have left the ship.”

With that, Doc and the Martina left. A few minutes later, she got the word that the civilians and the landing party had left the ship. Nodding, she turned to helm.

“Make sure we have the coordinates from the Gorn, and then set us a course to that place, Warp 2.”

“Aye, sir, course set.”

“Engage.”

And with a flash of light, the Challenger zipped across the system, towards the hidden ship.

Back on the planets surface, both captains turned to the whine of the transporter beams. To their surprise, two groups materialized in the glimmering lights. The first was the engineering crew with the digging equipment they had requested. The second was the scientists they had just rescued. One of them, a young woman, immediately marched toward Captain Wraith.

“Captain, my name is Martina Schulenburg, and I understand that you have discovered something down here? My team and I want to be on hand when your digging crew unearths whatever it is you’ve found.”
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra orders to open communication and scan the ship once we get there. "Hey Doc do you ever get that really bad feeling?"
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

"Miss Schulenburg - first, I am glad your team is ok. You may remain here if you wish, but I want all of you to stay close to the security detail, and if anything happens you are to evacuate immediately. This is still, as of now, a rescue mission and no longer one of science - please stay out of the way.

Any information you can provide on what happened here would probably be helpful, however."
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="Skyman"]Commander Dra orders to open communication and scan the ship once we get there. "Hey Doc do you ever get that really bad feeling?"[/quote]
"Once before," Doc grins in memory, "Once before and it felt alot like now. That time it involved Klingons, so I would suggest a high state of alertness on everyones part."

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Sslarr growled in the back of his throat, and his eyes narrowed to slits, when the scientists reappeared.

"This is no place for civilians," he rumbled. He then turned back to the panel that was unearthed, and renewed his investigation of it with a certain ill-hidden anger.

[OOC - we're down in the chamber where we originally fought the robots, correct?]
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"]
[OOC - we're down in the chamber where we originally fought the robots, correct?][/quote]

((correct))

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="opwunder"]"Once before," Doc grins in memory, "Once before and it felt alot like now. That time it involved Klingons, so I would suggest a high state of alertness on everyones part."[/quote]
Commander Dra say's "Noted... Get ready to put Shields up on my command lieutenant commander Kuykendall I don't want to give away an aggressive posture just yet. What does the scan say commander Bushnell? Give me something good."

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Mr. Bushnell looks up from the science station, a look of surprise on his face.

"Sir... these readings are strange... it's obvious that there is SOMETHING out there, but my scanners are unable to determine what it is. I can pick up the warp signature of the engines, but as far as our scanners are concerned, we're looking at a lump of rock. Admitadly, a lump of rock with warp engines, but a lump of rock nonetheless."

Ensign Mao Huan Yue spoke up then. "Now arriving at the coordanites given to us by the Gorn, sir. My sensors are picking up a warp signature, as well, I think I can get it up on screen."

A few seconds of her fiddling with her controlls brought up an image on the front view screen. Orbing the orange gas giant was a wedge shapped, green colored ship. It was not smooth, with various towers and what appeared to be weapons poking forth from the surface. Four warp nacells jutted from the rear, two on top and two on bottom. It seemed an awarked design, and yet, formadible as well.

Back on the surface, Martina ignored the Gorn, having become used to their gruff and straight forward mannor.

"Captain, I fully understand that there is something dangerious going on here, and do not wish to get in your way. My staff and I simply wish to offer our services on this dig. Besides, this dig has been an important part of our life for a long time now, you can't simply expect us to fully step aside while Starfleet makes the most important discovery of the whole dig, do you?"

She didn't wait for him to answer, but began to pace while the digging crews began their work.

"We discovered a large structure just weeks ago, and were excited because it was the first signs of advanced technology. We found evidence that these people had teleporter technology when we found that pattern buffer you saw earlier, as well as evidence of advanced computer design, and suspected that they had warp capability. We theorized that some natural disaster threatened their world, and a mass exodus was the result, leaving behind many of their everyday goods, but taking much of the advanced tech with them. We're still not sure what desaster would result in such an exodus that would leave the planet intact and still livable, but Dr. Jones suggests it was a war of some sort."

She stopped suddenly, looking Wraith straight in the eye.

"We knew there had to be proof of it somewhere, and we assumed that it would be down here somewhere, in another chamber. Our research and digging in that chamber resulted in a transporter beam taking our team to this chamber, where the robots, newly awakened, captured us and activated all the force fields you saw. When they started attacking that wall, we knew something important would be behind it."

She paused, seemingly drained of energy as she relived the capture.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra says "Open communications and shield up...*waits*...This is commander Dra of the Federation of Planets. Please identify yourself?"....
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Skyman"]"This is commander Dra of the Federation of Planets. Please identify yourself?"[/quote]

"Controller."

A new alien entered the chamber where Komar endured what the smaller alien called "the processes." That smaller turned to the newcommer now, his eyes narrowed as if in frustration.

"Report, underofficer," he said in a tone that sounded more like a bark than actual words.

"The infidels have sent two ships to our position. One of them has begun sending communication signlas at our location."

"They found us? Our shield is still in place?" the Controller asked.

"Yes, High One," the underofficer said, bowing a little as he did so, "their scanners should see nothing but an asteroid."

"Perhaps they are more resourceful than I first gave them credit for. Still, it is no concern now. Ignore their communications. Now, leave me, I must continue the processes."

"There is no response," said Ensign Mao. "They're receiving us, they're simply not responding. Also, sir, it looks like the Gorn are trying to communicate with them as well. I can put the Gorn transmission on audio."

Commander Dra nodded. After a few clicks and button pushes on her console, the Ensign nodded to her self, and a crackle broke out on the overhead speakers.

"This is the Gorn Republic Starship Sleestak! I Demand that you answer for your attack on our people on Cestus III! Respond, or you will force us to more aggresive action."

Dra shook her head, but before she could reply in any way, Lt. Commander Bushness, at his science station, spoke up.

"Commander, I've been scanning the enemy... well, ship, I suppose, for anything I can find, and.. well, you should see this for your self."

Dra, surprised at the man's lack of composure, walked to the station and put her eyes to the blue glowing visor that protruded from the pannel. She pulled her head back in shock, turning to look at the science officer to verify what she had seen.

"Yes sir. That is indeed an Orion life sign you are seeing there. Its faint, I have the resolution at maximum aimed at the 'asteroid' that our sensors say that ship is. They obviously have some kind of sensor jamming technology, but its not perfect. We can break through it. Given enough time, I could probably get the resolution strong enough that we could even get a transporter lock on the signal."

Dra nodded, patting the human on his soulder. "Good job, Commander."

Meanwhile, on the planets surface, the drilling continued. Everyone, except the big Gorn captain, wore visors to protect them from the flash of the lazer drills. After watching for what seemed like hours, the light and loud, high pitched squeel of the lazer died down. The lead technicion came over to Captain Wraith.

"Sir, we've broken through the bedrock, and removed enough of it to reveal the door behind. It should be no problem to get open."

"Do it," the captain said.

After working a few moments more with heave equipment, the engineering team managed to get the door open.

Dix moved forward, waving his security team to do the same, all with weapons drawn, on the look out for more robots.

As the doors opened, however, all they anyone could see was blackness. Finally, the doors were all the way open, and lights started turning on overhead. The room beyond was smooth, made out of the same metal as the robots and the few smooth walls that could be seen in this room. Lights on the wall began to flash, on and off, in a seemingly random pattern. Chairs and desks with computer consoles on them were scattered throughout the room.

"My God," Martina said, "it looks like a library."

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Sslarr growled deep in his throat, frustrated. A library? Useless. How would this help them get to the bottom of the disappearance of the human?

He stepped quickly but cautiously into the room, his weapon drawn, alert for any movement.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Wraith steps in just behind Sslarr, his weapon drawn as well.

Anticipating the scientists' excitement, Wraith calls over his shoulder "Wait until we check the room first - who knows what's in here other than what we see."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra says "...Well, unless we hear anything, wait for a clear resolution to teleport in 5 minutes...if not get the location within that glorified rock and well board it to rescue him, Mr Bushnell. Untill then shields up. Weapons ready. Get a boarding team assemble and coordinate my plans with the Gorn, ensign Mao. Don't look surprised ensign. I would think they would want in on this....Doc you better get sick bay ready. We have no idea how bad this will go."
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Doc nods and says, "Comander Dra, I will get the sick bay ready but perhaps medical attention might be needed quickly with the boarding party. I can have the nurses have everything ready while i accompany the boarding party, if you like. The nurses and orderlies have no combat triage experience."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra grins "Excellent suggestion! Glad you volunteered...check the envio conditions Mr. Bushnell, we don't need to teleport into a vacuum. Is the signal getting any clearer our five is almost up?"
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

With restrained excitement, Doc heads for the sick bay, sets everything up, and is ready and waiting in the transporter room before anyone else shows up.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

"The resolution is better, but still not perfect," Bushnell says. "However, I can get you within 10 meeters of his location."

Dra nodded, and left the bridge, Ensign Mao behind her.

"The Gorn are sending a three man team when we send them the coordanites," Mao said on the lift.

When they arrived at Transporter Room 2, they found Doc and two security men with Phaser Rifles ready. All of them get on the platform, and Dra nods to the transporter cheif.

"Energize."

The scene transforms into a mass of shimmering light and sound, complete with the feeling that their whole body was being tickled or poked by tiny pins. Finally, the world comes back into view, only its not the transporter room anymore. Its a dark place, filled with green and blue lights. The team finds themself in an crossroad between cooridors, with four paths leading in different directions.

A few seconds latter, another transporter beam comes in, and three Gorn arrive.

"We were told that you were leading this expidation, Andorian, but know that we will not tollerate any Federation weekness," one of them said.

Doc, ignoring the exchange, picked up his tricorder and scanned the area.

"This way," he said, pointing down the corridor to the left.

Wraith and Sslarr enter the room with flashing lights and computer terminals everywhere. Before they could get very far, however, a holigram suddenly burst into view in the center of the room. It represented a small, blue being with a muzzle like head and four arms, dressed in a white robe that had strange symbols on it.

It spoke in several languages, but the only one anyone recognized was Gorn. In Gorn, it said:

"Greetings, and welcome to the Central Library, Inocutal Branch. Please state your query."
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]"Greetings, and welcome to the Central Library, Inocutal Branch. Please state your query."[/quote]

"Bah," grumbled Sslarr, "Get your scientist, Captain Wraith. She'll no doubt be interested in this."

He then moved off past the hologram, ignoring it completely, and started searching the rest of the room, weapon still at the ready.

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Wraith waves Martina forward to the hologram.

"Try and find out what this thing is, and any other data pertaining to our missing man. I'm going to finish checking the room with Sslarr. Security - keep an eye on the door and our scientists."

Wraith moves off into the room, paralelling Sslarr's movements on the opposite side to cover the room more quickly.
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Doc gingerly follows the direction indicated on his tricorder. Warily, he scans for all life forms before stepping into corridors and/or turning corners....
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Commander Dra squints her eyes and says "Get a grip! This is not an federation expedition... it's a rescue! The plan is rescue...kick ass...and I ain't got time for questions later. Sslarr set my expectations high, so don't blow it. Doc are you getting a direction of the life signs. Patience is not an Andorian virtue."

Commander Dra pulls out her phaser. Tells her men to get their rifles ready and follows Docs lead.

Commander Dra thinks to herself "Weakness...those *andorian expletive*-er *andorian expletive*-ers! Everyone is a *andorian expletive*critic. I am not weak! I...am...not...weak! I...am...fucking*...pissed!"

*standard federation lingo