Vampire: The Requiem

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Since the nWod game went so I well I was thinking of doing a sequal one shot late Feb, say the 17th or 24th of Feb.

The character will be the same only full fledged vamps. Those who played the a character in the original one shot get dibs on the same character for the second one. I'm also thinking about letting player input into the character. So, if you have ideas for the PC let me know and I'll try incorporate it into the character sheet or the revised background.

More later when I bang out the idea.

Also, I plan for 6 players and there was only 5 last night. So, there is at least one opening for anyone who might be interested.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I'd be totally down for that, last night's game was a blast!
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Depending on the day, I'd be open to it.
plaidrhino
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by plaidrhino »

I would like to give this a go if your are open to a new player. If it does happen on the 17th I might be unavailable though as I have a business meeting to attend from the 17th to the 20th.
Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything...... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Feel
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Feel »

I will be definitely interested... So if there is any room for a nother play I'd like to join !

Toreador seems always more real with a strong French accent...

See you,
Feel
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Feel"]I will be definitely interested... So if there is any room for a nother play I'd like to join !

Toreador seems always more real with a strong French accent...

See you,[/quote]

hey feel!! long time no see! i thought you disappeared or something!!

FYI, this would be the new version of Vampire. there are no toreadors. there's a similar clan called daeva though.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Wintermute"]I'd be totally down for that, last night's game was a blast![/quote]
ditto.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="mordraine"]FYI, this would be the new version of Vampire. there are no toreadors. there's a similar clan called daeva though.[/quote]

actually, let me correct myself. there is a toreador bloodline (which is like a subclan of one of the main clans).

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

We gotta do this, yeah.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I'm there. I had a riot of a time. Feel needs to get hooked up too :twisted:
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

I only had one extra PC (Tyler from the nWod page) and all the old players want back in. But I'll see about the possibility of creating a 7th character as vampire was the only game I could run with a lot of players.

Which means that BoC and Pladrhino are in. And Feel is in if anyone drops out.

Here is a link of the clans and covenants and an intro pdf for the rest of you:
Vamps R Us

The pdf is actually an intro adventure but has a bunch of rules and tidbits on the game if you are willing to waid through the adventure.

Also, I got to pick the character clan so I'm letting you pick the covenant. If you don't won't let me know and I'll pick it for you.
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Feel
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Feel »

[quote="cczernia"]
Which means that BoC and Pladrhino are in. And Feel is in if anyone drops out.
[/quote]

So let me know if anyone drops out ;)

See ya,

Feel
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Here is everyones clan:

Peter Fairchild - Ventrue

Jeremy Binks - Mekhat

Melissa Karr - Gangrel

Tyler Coaler - Daeva

Jose Munez - Nosferatu

Thomas Ellington - Gangrel

Tyler Coaler is still an open character. So, is BoC or Pladrhino interested in developing the 7th character? If not I need to start creating one. And is there anyone interested in developing the character they played the other night?
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BreakfastOfChampions

[quote="cczernia"]Here is everyones clan:

Peter Fairchild - Ventrue

Jeremy Binks - Mekhat

Melissa Karr - Gangrel

Tyler Coaler - Daeva

Jose Munez - Nosferatu

Thomas Ellington - Gangrel

Tyler Coaler is still an open character. So, is BoC or Pladrhino interested in developing the 7th character? If not I need to start creating one. And is there anyone interested in developing the character they played the other night?[/quote]

I'd be happy to develop the 7th character, but might need some assistance in doing so.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I really have no idea how to develope Peter Fairchild but it sounds cool
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Skyman"]I really have no idea how to develope Peter Fairchild but it sounds cool[/quote]
same goes for me. cczernia, were you thinking of further background details and motivations for our pregen characters or an altogether different story for them? Maybe ideas of where our pregen characters' minds are in respects to their future? I'd be open to talk more about it when we meet up for coc:da.

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"][quote:d3ae872a45="Skyman"]I really have no idea how to develope Peter Fairchild but it sounds cool[/quote]
same goes for me. cczernia, were you thinking of further background details and motivations for our pregen characters or an altogether different story for them? Maybe ideas of where our pregen characters' minds are in respects to their future? I'd be open to talk more about it when we meet up for coc:da.[/quote:d3ae872a45]

It honestly depends on you guys. If there was something about your character that you liked you might want to develope that mechanicaly or thematically. A few things to think about.

Vampires are born, they are created which means that someone created each and of you. You take the clan of your sire. Both Elena and David would have been the sires to one of the PCs. Unfortunatly, Elena was Daeva which means she would have sired Tyler which no one played.

However, David (the ambulance guy) is gangrel which means he either sired Melissa or Thomas.

That leaves 4 other vampires the need to be decided on.

The other thing to think about is that in many of the backgrounds I handed out were close family and friends. How did the characters deal with those so close to them now that they are vampires. The #1 law of vampires is still The Masquerade, or to remain secret from mortals.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Peter Fairchild
Peter was born to an upper middle class family and was an above average kid. He was popular and played baseball in High School and college. Peter’s younger sister killed herself when he was 18. It took awhile for him to deal but eventually he went on to college and later medical school where he now studies to be a cardiologist. He has one more year to graduate. He also proposed to his girlfriend, Cindy, five months ago but suspects her to be cheating on him.

....After being embraced his world unveiled a darker shade of reality. He returned to his apartment to find it the same as he left it but his friend and roommate Darnell, a computer geek heavy pot smoker, is suspicious of his new habits and friends. Darnell tries to help him during the day but has freaked out on occasions. Usually retreating to the couch and Playstation 2 while gurgling a bowl into his lungs praying for the goddess of euphoria to overtake him. His medical school internship residency at the Hospital of Hope almost fell apart when he missed several rounds of his shift and his classes were missed. He was able to negotiate around some of the red tape and get an evening shift but one of the department heads, Dr. Ken Harkken, has caught on to his secret at some level and has passively made his time difficult but not impossible.
...Peter has met his Sire, the wealthy and affluent, Hiram Profina of the The Invictus. Peter has met 2 Invictus enforcers named Lita Phares and Joselyn Opper who have helped him in the ways of the covenant when Hiram is not present. "Never forget we are the order that keeps the night from falling into pure madness Peter....never forget that."
Dr. Harkken is a nemesis of Hiram.
Peter broke off his engagement with Cindy. He spent weeks brooding over his decision and would follow her at night trying to get the nerve to tell her but couldn't. He would see her go over to Jack Crispin's, a fellow medical student, and watch them kiss and share each others flesh. Feeling pieces of his love for her become stained in sadness. To his shock latter in the week was knowing Jack wasn't the only other person that she woould see but her art professor Thomlinson. Joselyn tried to help Peter let go by posing as his new love when he met Cindy to say goodbye. "Pray for time to wash her memory away Peter. She will decay into sand while you go on...Our kind always does. Let her be the momentary dust in the eye that only your tears can wash away."
Peter always meets Hiram in his executive club room box seats at Angel Stadium where they watch the home games and talk about the life in the darkness.
...when he is alone. The ghost of his sister visits him. At times when he dreams. If Vampires do dream at all she keeps him company in the darkness.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

so was that ok?
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Skyman"]so was that ok?[/quote]

Wow, I didn't realize you put that up. Looks great!

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Ok, I actually have it in my head how I plan on doing this. Unfortunatly, I have to take back what I said about letting everyone pick there Covenant as I am only allowing two. Which means no Inviticus (Skyman, your background will more or less stay the same I'm just going to tweek it).

Anyway, I'm going to try and do a heavy political game with 5 neonates (the original PCs) and 2 ancillae (slightly more experienced vamps, played by BoC and PR who will also be playing sires). All the neonates will be taking sides, 2 on one side, 3 on the other.

If one of the original players want to try playing one of the more powerful vamps you can call dibs.

The two Covenants are: Ordu Dracul, and Circle of the Crone.

more info in a bit.
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

The Bet

The first oneshot was entitled "The Bet." The PCs were thrown into a situation which they were totally clueless in. However, the kindred were quite aware of what was going on. So, what were those crazy vamps thinking.

Cities such as Los Angeles are too large for one Prince to govern and the current prince was feeling the pressure. When this happens the Prince will split up the city into parts and assign Regents, or mini princes who act as Prince in there part of the city. Two kindred had the ear of the Prince and the possibility of becoming a Regent: David and Emma.

After much discussion it was decided on a bet. The contest was made that five mortals would be chosen, turned into vampires, and given 3 tasks to complete. If they succesfully completed them than Emma would gain the Regency, if not it would be given to David.

As we know the PCs managed to complete the task and Emma is now a Regent of LA.
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="cczernia"]The first oneshot was entitled "The Bet."[/quote]
the anton chekov short story of the same name is a great read.

[/threadjack]

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I lokk forward to this
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"][quote:99320cf7b8="cczernia"]The first oneshot was entitled "The Bet."[/quote]
the anton chekov short story of the same name is a great read.

[/threadjack][/quote:99320cf7b8]

Well, I like to think I based the entire adventure off "The Cherry Orchard"

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BreakfastOfChampions

Sweet Mercy! No!
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Well, if theres ever need for a guest star PC, I'd be up for it. Work has opened up a bit, and the Saturday games are on hold, so I could use some gaming.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Miss playing wit ya SM
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

w0rd. Someday I'll break out Godlike or AFMBE again.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="smartmonkey"]w0rd. Someday I'll break out Godlike or AFMBE again.[/quote]

Sweet!

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Ok, Winter and Mordraine will be player the older vampires. That means that both Pladrhino and BoC need to pick either:

Jeremy Binks - Mekhat

Jose Munez - Nosferatu
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
plaidrhino
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by plaidrhino »

i'll play Jeremy Binks...for no other reason than i like the last name.
Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything...... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I shall call him... Binky.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

BreakfastOfChampions

[quote="Neuro"]I shall call him... Binky.[/quote]

Does that make me Muncie?

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"][quote:8744ab2469="Neuro"]I shall call him... Binky.[/quote]

Does that make me Muncie?[/quote:8744ab2469]

[in-joke] no, that makes you hoolio. [/in-joke]

BreakfastOfChampions

[quote="mordraine"][quote:f8e1155fc7="BreakfastOfChampions"][quote:f8e1155fc7="Neuro"]I shall call him... Binky.[/quote]

Does that make me Muncie?[/quote:f8e1155fc7]

[in-joke] no, that makes you hoolio. [/in-joke][/quote:f8e1155fc7]

Me 'n Julio!

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

...down by the school yard
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

yo chris, when's part two gonna be again?
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]yo chris, when's part two gonna be again?[/quote]

Thursday Feb 24.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Ok, here are the main characters:

Circle of the Crone:

Elena - Gangrel, current Regent of Western LA, sire of Thomas.

Samual - Nosferatu. Good friend of Elena. Overlooks newbie coterie. Sire of Jose

Jose - Nosferatu. Childer of Samual.

Thomas - Gangrel. Childer of Elena.

Peter - Ventrue. Childer of Sebastian

Ordo Dracul:

David - Gangrel, Primogen to the Prince of LA. Sire of Melissa

Cyrus - Mekhat, Good friend of David. Overlooks newbie coterie.Sire of Jeremy

Melissa - Gangrel, Childer of David

Jeremy - Mekhat, Childer of Cyrus
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Also, the two most likely places to hold the game will either be Mord's or Winter's. Here is the deal breaker. I plan on taking out groups or individuals into other rooms seperate from the rest of the group. Preferebly outside. Just need to make sure this isn't a problem with our hosts.
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]Also, the two most likely places to hold the game will either be Mord's or Winter's. Here is the deal breaker. I plan on taking out groups or individuals into other rooms seperate from the rest of the group. Preferebly outside. Just need to make sure this isn't a problem with our hosts.[/quote]

Not a problem on my end. I'm sure not a problem on winter's end either. I guess you'll have to flip a coin! :)

BTW, I finished statting Cyrus. I still need to flesh out his background, but I statted him, and got a pic of him too.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

The courtyard is fine for that.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

THis is getting more interesting
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I'll up the ante by stating that if people are interested, I'll fire up the grill and make sausages/hot dogs/burgers, if people are interested (seems easier than trying to get food on the way up).
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Wintermute"]I'll up the ante by stating that if people are interested, I'll fire up the grill and make sausages/hot dogs/burgers, if people are interested (seems easier than trying to get food on the way up).[/quote]

Well that's good enough for me!

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Wintermute"]I'll up the ante by stating that if people are interested, I'll fire up the grill and make sausages/hot dogs/burgers, if people are interested (seems easier than trying to get food on the way up).[/quote]

That would be awsome.

We'll play at Winter's. Everyone just better have a strategy for taking and putting on their shoes quickly :)

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"][quote:6a2379fc4e="Wintermute"]I'll up the ante by stating that if people are interested, I'll fire up the grill and make sausages/hot dogs/burgers, if people are interested (seems easier than trying to get food on the way up).[/quote]

That would be awsome.

We'll play at Winter's. Everyone just better have a strategy for taking and putting on their shoes quickly :)[/quote:6a2379fc4e]

dude, i'm bringing my own slippers! :)

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"][quote:f7397e8427="cczernia"]

We'll play at Winter's. Everyone just better have a strategy for taking and putting on their shoes quickly :)[/quote]

dude, i'm bringing my own slippers! :)[/quote:f7397e8427]

This should really help with the atmosphere.

Winter,

Can you be music man (I imagine this wouldn't be a problem with the super set up). Just a few requests:

Hurt: NIN

Eraser: NIN

Counting Bodies Like Sheep...: Perfect Circle

Everything else I leave up to you.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="cczernia"]Can you be music man (I imagine this wouldn't be a problem with the super set up). Just a few requests:
[/quote]

No problem at all, believe I have all of those. If you want, I can email you a full list of the music available (I think I've got something like 80 gigs of mp3s).