Scion

BlanchPrez's twice a month Scion Game
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Scion

Post by BlanchPrez »

Hey all,

I've decided that I really, really want to run a game of Scion. So, here's the details.

I'm looking for up to six players, that are willing to get together at least twice a month (every other week). I'm going to aim for Saturdays, from about 1pm until about 8pm.

I'm looking to have the first game be on Saturday, May 26th. I know it's a long way away, but this is the earliest I can work out with my wife (who has to watch the child while we play).

The first session will be dedicated to Character creation. If you have the book, please restrain yourself from making up a character before hand, as I MUCH prefer to have everyone make their characters up together.

If we have time we'll start the first adventure after making characters.

So, who's interested?

(BTW, I'm posting this here because more people see stuff here, but if Skyman or Mord feel the need to move it to Gamer's Wanted, please feel free to move it.)

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Post moved so that people new to the site looking for games will see it.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Drew »

Where will this game be hosted?
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Drew"]Where will this game be hosted?[/quote]

The game will be hosted at my house, which is located in South Park, near 30th street.

Chris

Drew

Post by Drew »

Then count me in if you haven't filled your table already... looking forward to trying this game!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Drew"]Then count me in if you haven't filled your table already... looking forward to trying this game![/quote]

Well, you're the first, so count your self in. :)

Chris

Drew

Post by Drew »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Well, you're the first, so count your self in. :)

Chris[/quote]

Most excellent!

Dragonmaster Zoc
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Dragonmaster Zoc »

What's Scion? Normally I wouldn't ask, but wikipedia seems to lack an article on it.
Drew

Post by Drew »

[quote="Dragonmaster Zoc"]What's Scion? Normally I wouldn't ask, but wikipedia seems to lack an article on it.[/quote]

here, you can check it out:

[url]http://www.white-wolf.com/scion/[/url]

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I will see what I can swing on this. I would like to try out this game because some of the mechanics look fun. Saturdays tend to be a little tough for me, but think I can do it.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Just to let everyone know, the Saturday schedule is not set in stone. That's just the easiest for me to do.

If anyone is interested, but turned off by the schedule, let me know what works for you. I'm sure that something can be worked out. My only limit is that it will be at most every other week. I just cant' do a weekly game.

Chris
Drew

Post by Drew »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Just to let everyone know, the Saturday schedule is not set in stone. That's just the easiest for me to do.

If anyone is interested, but turned off by the schedule, let me know what works for you. I'm sure that something can be worked out. My only limit is that it will be at most every other week. I just cant' do a weekly game.

Chris[/quote]

Well, given a choice, Sunday afternoons are better for me, but Saturdays are okay. Every other that is. :)

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I just cant' do a weekly game.[/quote]

Personally, I don't want it to be a weekly game. The Bi-monthly thing works well for me.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'd like in on this. I've already spoken to BlanchPrez via PM, but I'm making it official now.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I would be interested as well.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I'm interested too, but I can't hack the schedule, so... really, this is just a "game envy" post.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Count me in!
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="devlin1"]I'm interested too, but I can't hack the schedule, so... really, this is just a "game envy" post.[/quote]

You know, Dev, there's always room for a "guest star" if you ever are able to make it done once or twice. :)

Okay, so we're up to 5 players now. I'll keep the last slot open in case anyone else wants to sign up. Looking forward to seeing everyone! :)

Chris

Drew

Post by Drew »

How many books do we currently have? Trying to decide if I want to order one or not...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Drew"]How many books do we currently have? Trying to decide if I want to order one or not...[/quote]

I'm pretty sure 3. Count Zero, and Mord and I all have one.

Chris

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

It has as real purty cover.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

So I was looking for a bit more info on the Scion rpg, etc and I see that this thread is the 4th hit on Google for 'scion rpg'. We've made the bigtime boys! ;)
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]So I was looking for a bit more info on the Scion rpg, etc and I see that this thread is the 4th hit on Google. We've made the bigtime boys! ;)[/quote]

Woo Hoo!

Chris

Drew

Post by Drew »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I'm pretty sure 3. Count Zero, and Mord and I all have one.

Chris[/quote]

Well, I have had a B&N gift card sitting in my wallet for more than a year, so I will order it.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Drew"]Well, I have had a B&N gift card sitting in my wallet for more than a year, so I will order it.[/quote]

Yeah, it's totally worth it. This book is made of awesome.

Chris

mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

I am also interested. Are you leaning more toward Sunday, or Saturday at the moment?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mrlost"]I am also interested. Are you leaning more toward Sunday, or Saturday at the moment?[/quote]

Well, for now, the first game will be on Saturday. But, I'm open to having other games on Sunday, if that's what works best for everyone.

Chris

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]You know, Dev, there's always room for a "guest star" if you ever are able to make it done once or twice.[/quote]
True. I could play a scion of the God of Deadbeat Dads. Y'know, just dropping by now and then to see the other PCs, tousle their hair, and sneak off in the night.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="devlin1"]True. I could play a scion of the God of Deadbeat Dads. Y'know, just dropping by now and then to see the other PCs, tousle their hair, and sneak off in the night.[/quote]

I think Zeus would fit the bill nicely for that.

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

FYI -

Buy.com had the cheapest price I've seen for the book with shipping. I think you can still get $10 off too, if you use Google Checkout for the first time (~$17 shipped for the book at that point).
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Another FYI, the date this is planned is the same weekend as the Gamex convention up in L.A. Is anyone planning on attending that?
Drew

Post by Drew »

[quote="mordraine"]Another FYI, the date this is planned is the same weekend as the Gamex convention up in L.A. Is anyone planning on attending that?[/quote]

heh... I won't even go out to the suburbs to game... :)

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I was thinking about Gamex

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"]Another FYI, the date this is planned is the same weekend as the Gamex convention up in L.A. Is anyone planning on attending that?[/quote]

I couldn't afford it even if I wanted to go.

Chris

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

Hey BlanchPrez,

If you want to play every once and a while, I might be interested in GMing as a guest GM or something like that. This game looks like it would be pretty interesting to run, so you could get a chance to play too.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Count Zero"]Hey BlanchPrez,

If you want to play every once and a while, I might be interested in GMing as a guest GM or something like that. This game looks like it would be pretty interesting to run, so you could get a chance to play too.[/quote]

Maybe. I have a pretty solid idea of what I want to do with the campaign, though.

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

OK yeah........I'll say it...no. BP is a GM at heart. See I said it because I've got hives and my tolerance for passive communication juist went out the window
atavist

Post by atavist »

First post here, so howdy!
My girl-thing and I would love to get in on a game of Scion. We're both experienced RPers (me: very on just about every system but GURPs, her: couple of years). We haven't had a regular game in ages since the rest of our group lives in oceanside.
Unfortunatly we're very busy people and Sunday is really the only opening in our schedule (I'm a hair stylist in training and go to school tues-sat 9-5).
I'd be happy to tell you more about us and we'd love to get to know some of you, we're itching for some pen and paper action.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Welcome atavist! You should tell your girl-thing to get a login too! That is, if girl-things can type.

I was just sitting here thinking how hard it will be to figure out this schedule for this game.
atavist

Post by atavist »

She can type but I can almost guarantee that she wouldn't get around to posting, she's not very intertron social. Game schedules are always hard for us semi-responsible adult types to work out.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Maybe. I have a pretty solid idea of what I want to do with the campaign, though.

Chris[/quote]

I was thinking about a guest GM thing once or twice maybe... not alternating thing. I wouldn't want to go to that much trouble. I thought of it as a way to give you the chance to play the game a little too.

Literally, like maybe one game... two would be pushing it. Consider it an offer if you need a break or something like that.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Welcome Atavist

Sorry Count Zero I was having a bad hair day
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="atavist"]First post here, so howdy!

My girl-thing and I would love to get in on a game of Scion. We're both experienced RPers (me: very on just about every system but GURPs, her: couple of years). We haven't had a regular game in ages since the rest of our group lives in oceanside.

Unfortunatly we're very busy people and Sunday is really the only opening in our schedule (I'm a hair stylist in training and go to school tues-sat 9-5).

I'd be happy to tell you more about us and we'd love to get to know some of you, we're itching for some pen and paper action.[/quote]

Heya Atavist!

Welcome to the boards, glad to have you (and the girl-thing) here. :D

Unfortunatily, We've already got 6 people for this game, which is my limit. Still, stick around, enjoy the boards, and if an opening happens in this game, I'll let you know.

It looks like Sundays are the best days for most people, so after the first game, we might be switching, so that could potentially help, as well.

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Count Zero"]I was thinking about a guest GM thing once or twice maybe... not alternating thing. I wouldn't want to go to that much trouble. I thought of it as a way to give you the chance to play the game a little too.

Literally, like maybe one game... two would be pushing it. Consider it an offer if you need a break or something like that.[/quote]

Ah.. that's different. I'll consider it. :)

Like Skyman said, though, I'm really more of a GM (Storyteller) at heard, but I do enjoy playing every now and then. I'm sure we can work something out.

Chris

Drew

Got my book!

Post by Drew »

White Wolf sure has changed a lot! Almost like I have to learn all new rules!
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I won't be able to make the first game. After that I should be okay though.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Count Zero"]I won't be able to make the first game. After that I should be okay though.[/quote]

Okay. Should be no problem working you in after that first session.

Chances are that first session will be mostly char gen anyway.

Chris

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Sweet, the 26th is just a week and change away. I've got the book and am almost(ish) done reading it.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Cool. I'm excited about this game.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Drew

Post by Drew »

[quote="Cthulhu"]Cool. I'm excited about this game.[/quote]

As am I!