Playtest thoughts

Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Playtest thoughts

Post by Drew »

Had a few thoughts after our conversation last night... Was thinking you could choose either Offensive attack or Defensive attack. Both people can be on the defensive or both people can be on the offensive. however, an offensive attack adds 1 to the damage but damage saves are more difficult for them, should they get hit that turn. Defensive attacks grants an easier damage save but lose one from damage.

So A and B are fighting. A is making and offensive attack and B is making a defensive attack. If A wins by 1 success, his damage is 2 (1 for the success and one for making and Offensive attack). However since B was on the defensive, his damage save is at +1 so it is easier for him to resist the damage. But if B wins by 2 success, he hits A for 1 damage. A has to make a damage save at -1.

It is possible to hit for 0 damage this way (possibly forcing a consciousness check) but if B has a weapon he will always do at least 1.

If both A and B are making an offensive attack whoever succeeds adds 1 to their damage and the loser saves at -1. If both are making a defensive attack both have a -1 damage but a +1 to save.

Make sense, Mike?
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
MikeB
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by MikeB »

Yes, that makes much better sense Drew. Good idea.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Just took me a little while to understand what you meant... I'm a bit dense that way sometimes. :)
MikeB
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by MikeB »

Its all good in the hood. :razz: I might have been a little hard headed myself.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

yeah you guys had me confused last night...Mike would say something and everyone would finish his sentence.

So I look forward to giving this a go and see how it plays out. I think the feed back will be more constructive this way
Drew

Post by Drew »

Thanks for doing a run through of the combat system with me last night. glad you guys picked it up as easily as you did! Within half an hour, you guys knew the rules better than I did! Next time, I'm going to step it up and throw in some guns! Guns beat lead pipe! :machinegu

BTW Mike, it is fun being the party that bumbles around in the dark and retreats at the first sign of danger. Wasn't trying to make you think otherwise last night! :)
MikeB
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by MikeB »

Basically the rules work, but they could use a little tweaking. I think the triple thing is a little confusing, but I guess once we understand which ones are open and closed roles it will make more sense. Also the movement needs a little work. The mode where your stat + athletics is your move was a good start.

I spoke with Simon about what we were talking about for an hour, and I think maybe I was being a little vague getting across what the Shadow Troll wanted from you guys. Maybe I should have given you guys a little longer to come up with a counter offer before he unleashed the minions on you.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Well, we did provoke him. :)

Nah, we were jsut ill prepared for a dungeon crawl. You would think we wouldn't continue to make the smae mistakes (i.e. not enough darkvision!)
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I just want to say ignore everything I said last night...the whole two hours of it Mike. I'm having to take steroids for some weird reaction I had at work and it definately influenced my ability to appear sane