Revised Weapon Table

That old Weapons of the Gods game, now all archived and stuff
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Revised Weapon Table

Post by devlin1 »

Hey hey. In the interest of streamlining things, I've made some adjustments to the weapon stats. The new table is located here:

Revised Weapon Table

So... make a note of that.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

I’ve noticed that in the books all normal weapon stats total to 20 with a few exceptions. One of them being weapons with a wealth cost of 2, they have totals of 25. Now that they all have totals of 15 are all there costs the same too?
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="J@ke"]I’ve noticed that in the books all normal weapon stats total to 20 with a few exceptions. One of them being weapons with a wealth cost of 2, they have totals of 25. Now that they all have totals of 15 are all there costs the same too?[/quote]
Not necessarily; the biggest change is lowering Speeds across the board. Damage and Strike stats are mostly in accord with mods someone else did, and partially a reflection of my own opinion on the matter, as are some additional weapon properties. E.g., the rings on the Nine-Ring Saber are for catching your opponent's weapon and disarming him, yet the Nine-Ring Saber in the book doesn't get Disarming as a default critical. *shrug*

So, in short, I don't claim they're all completely balanced in terms of numbers, but some other factors, like one-handedness or weapon properties, even things out. Mostly.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Updated this table. Throw out the copies you already printed.
Mike Olson