Ptolus Blue Book: Thox Stonefell

Morning after pill support group
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Ptolus Blue Book: Thox Stonefell

Post by Count Zero »

With the death of Albion Bowslinger, Thox begins the task of rooting out the Chaos cults. In the coming weeks, he leads expeditions of the city watch into the sewers and catacombs. These excursions do not meet with success. He and his guards are quickly dispatched by the better equipped and magically trained chaos cultists and their leaders.

Resolute to follow through with his duties, he begins to research magic and the cults themselves to better understand how to counter them. Additionally, to select especially competent members of the watch to train in special anti-magic fighting techniques, combat tactics, and encouraging inovative thinking, creating a special team of elite watchman to fight magicians and the cultists.

Notes: When it comes to class development, I am trying to decide exactly what to do here. While I want to move into the Master Inquisitive, I think I want to hold off on that for a bit. I am thinking about taking some levels in Wizard or Sorcerer (to gain skills in magical knowledge easier), and from there I will move into a class that is called the Spell Hunter (I might have the name wrong). Finally, after that, I will move into Master Inquisitive.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

Oh.. I forgot to mention... the inovative thinking is the foundation of Republican ideals.

Basically, what I want to build here is a fantasy SWAT teams. I figure some of the guys will have improved overrun so they can barrel through the line of cultists and get to the spell caster.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Thox's commander, Chief Inspector Bergstrom, was quite taken with the idea of sending teams of guardsmen into the underground tunnels of Ptolus to root out the Chaos Cults.

Most of the guardsmen Thox led were not up to the task. Some were slow, some were unimaginative, some were just plain stupid. But a few caught on, and formed the core of his new team.

First, there was another dwarf by the name of Thune. As it turned out Thune was a 3rd cousin of Thox. He was an apt fighter and a fast learner. The only irritating thing about him was an acute case of hero worship for his older cousin.

Second, there was Piotr, a human who was wiry and thin and could fit into places others on the team couldn't. He was also smart as a whip.

Lastly was Karaka, a huge Litorian who was a very good warrior and could bull his way through most situations, and frankly was languishing on the city guard.

Together with Thox, they made some headway into the problem of the Chaos Cults. In fact, the Chief Inspector was so pleased with the progress that the team was issued special firearms.

Thox had some competition in the effort, however. Chief Inspector Bergstrom decided that the cult problem was far larger than just one team could handle, and so assigned another member of the Chancellory of Inspection to the issue. A tall dark man taken to wearing a wide brimmed hat and known by the name of Wolf. Wolf had assembled his own crack team of Cult busters. Occasionally Thox would get to the scene of a cult meeting, only to find that Wolf was there before him. It was quite aggravating really.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

In my spare time, I set to the task of finding a bit more out about Wolf. I find it odd that he seems to be hitting the same areas as me.

On the flip side though, in order to increase efficiency and not waste the limited resources of both teams, I try to coordinate investigations so we don't step on each other's toes. We are all on the same side, so we shouldn't be working against one another.