Ptolus, this Sunday?

Morning after pill support group
cczernia

Ptolus, this Sunday?

Post by cczernia »

Since Mage has been cancelled I was wondering if you guys would be up for Ptolus this Sunday?
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Sven
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Sven »

ptolis! Ptolis! PTOLIS! PTOLIS!! PTOLIS!!! PTOLIS!!!! PTOLIS!!!!! PTOLIS!!!!!!:lol:

-Sven
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

okay.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

Maybe
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

It depends. Are we playing Mage next week? If so, then yeah let's play Ptolus on Sunday. That way we keep the schedule the way we want it.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Sven
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Sven »

We missed something like 6 weeks of Ptolis over the holidays. I don't think the Fates will fault us for one extra game this week. Come on Mordraine... live on the edge!:cool:

-Sven

P.S. if game prep is the issue, put the word out and I am sure some of us would gladely come up with something!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Sven"]P.S. if game prep is the issue, put the word out and I am sure some of us would gladely come up with something![/quote]

Prep time ain't the issue, believe me! I do everythinig on the fly. I don't mind running this Sunday. I just want to keep the schedule between Mage and Ptolus kosher. It's a nice balance right now - Mage one week, Ptolus the next. If we end up on the same weekend, then it's Mage and Ptolus one week, absolutely nothing the week after.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

following your logic, mord, that'd mean having absolutely no gaming for at least two weeks anyway. i say we have the schedule cater to us, and not t'other way 'round.

if we game this weekend and the following weekend ('cause it looks like the friday group isn't gaming that week either) and go back to the schedule as usual when the friday group rights itself, then things oughta be good.

but, as always, i will defer to the gm... 'cause... just 'cause.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Ptolus this Sunday then.

All's I'm saying is a prefer to keep the Ptolus schedule in sync with Mage schedule.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

The problem is that it fucks with my schedule and makes it hard to work around the other game I am running. I rescheduled my Burning Wheel game last week to do it this weekend so I wouldn't be gaming Saturday, Sunday and Monday night every other week. I wanted to get them on alternating schedules, but when we keep playing randomly and it makes it more difficult for me.

No matter how much D&D frustrates the hell out of me, I am having a lot of fun in this game and I want to keep playing. I understand that you guys are in a group that meets at a specific schedule, but I am not in that group and having to cater to the schedule of a group that I am not involved in becomes a real pain in the ass. I am trying to set a regular schedule for my games that makes it so I am playing no more that two times a week (which is become a bit much as it is).

Let's either meet every week or bi-weekly, but this random game stuff is really not something I want to do. I am willing to play this week because I was probably going to cancel my game anyway, but I would really appreciated if we played on a regular schedule.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Count Zero"]The problem is that it fucks with my schedule and makes it hard to work around the other game I am playing.[/quote]

I have no problem with playing an extra game of Ptolus to line things up :mrgreen:

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

*puts up hands and is staying out of it like he damn well should've in the beginning*
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="cczernia"]I have no problem with playing an extra game of Ptolus to line things up :mrgreen:[/quote]

That's because your girlfriend likes it when you aren't around. :biggrin:

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Well it looks like the Mage game is all messed up schedule-wise anyway, so I'm not gonna worry about it at the moment. Jonathan, if we play this weekend, then start the every-two-weeks schedule, would that work for you?

One of the things we discussed when we created the Plan B group was to work around the Friday group schedule so that those of us in that group wouldn't be overburdened with gaming on weekends (I know, weird problem!). But that was when it was only Chris, Albert, Erik and me, and Erik didn't care.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="mordraine"]Well it looks like the Mage game is all messed up schedule-wise anyway, so I'm not gonna worry about it at the moment. Jonathan, if we play this weekend, then start the every-two-weeks schedule, would that work for you?[/quote]

Yeah.. playing this Sunday won't be an issue.

I have been considering dropping my Burning Wheel game simply because something is really off about it and I can't out my finger on it. I have to discuss it with the group. So at this point in time I will just go with the flow.

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

Where are we meeting? Your office or Albert's place.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

We'll meet at my office this week.