Character Creation

Low Life play by post run by Blanchprez
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Character Creation

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, so, let's start with Character Creation.

First step is to pick what race you want to play. Per the website's "about" page, here's a brief description of all the playable races.

Bodul
Beings of Dubious Lineage. These are what the Hoomanrace supposedly evolved (devolved?) into. Blighted and mutated beyond description, each bodul is a unique and special snowflake.

Cremefillians
Cremefillians are the metaphorical bee's knees. Imagine a big hulking snack cake with a battle axe and a grudge. The ancestral cremefillians were imprisoned and eaten by the ancient Hoomanrace. That's why the Jemima's Witnesses (a cremefillian religion) hate them so much.

Croach
These guys descended from the indomitable cockroach. They have a crunchy shell so they melt in your mouth, not in your hand. Croaches can eat just about anything and most of them have four arms so they can brush their teeth and tie their shoes as the same time.

Horc
Vile invaders from the realm of Middle Oith, these violent bastards came to Oith during the Time of the Flush. They passionately hate smelves with a passionate passion. Oh, and they are covered in mucus.

Oofo
Long ago, Way Back in the Day, visitors from Outer Space came to Oith for various unpleasant reasons and got stranded. Oofos are the descendants of these hapless guys. They've lost all touch with their alien ancestors, but they still dream of the stars. It's kind of sad really. Some of them are psychic and others can heal you with their glowy finger of love.

Pile
See, there's these guys called contanimators who are all about magic that has to do with filth and trash and stuff like that. Pile's are magically animated heaps of such stuff that are occassionally formed when a contanimator gooses up. They are actually pretty cool, not just big walking turds as some critics (who haven't even read the book) would have you believe.

Smelf
More visitors from Middle Oith, smelves are fruity little guys with huge noses. They are kind of like big smurfs, but not in any sort of copyright-infringing way.

Tizn't
Tizn'ts are what happens when the Primordial Soup Kitchen loses the recipe. They're sort of a big mishmash of parts from various animals of ancient Oith. Each one is different, but they're all really cool (and customizable).

Werm
Not surprisingly, werms have evolved from worms. They look like humanoid worms and some of them have prehensile bodies. They are dense and chewy and lots of fun to play.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Another part of Step One is to determine what job you want your character to have had/has before becoming an andventurer. There's no real classes in this game, but it's nice to know what your character does. Here's some samples from the book.

One thing to remember is that the world of Oith is basically a medivial fantasy world, with mediviel levels of technology, magic and huge ass monsters. However, it's also an aftermath setting, so some weird and bizzar things show up.

Booty Hunter: These guys are all about getting the reward by catching the bad guys.

Craftsbeing: Skilled laborers.

Gadabout: Explorers and wanderers

Gangsta: Career Criminals

Goons: They hurt people for money.

Ham: Entertainer and general attention whore.

Hocus Poker: Magic users

Hoink: Millita, watchmen and guards.

Holly Rollers: Priests, holy men and clergy

Lashmaster: Slavers (yes, there is slavery in some places on this world, some legal, some not)

Obsessed: Fanatics dedicated to a particular cause.

Oldster: Arcologiests and historians.

Peddlemiester: Merchants.

Peed-on: Surfs

Pimp: Pretty self explainatory.

Price-o-Corn: Pirates.

Slave: The guys that work for the Lashmaster.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, Illuman23, Skyman and Opwonder (and anyone else interested), I need you to tell me what you are interested in playing.

Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Cremefilian price-o-corn
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I believe Illuman is on his honeymoon at the moment.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

very cool
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"]I believe Illuman is on his honeymoon at the moment.[/quote]

Oops... forgot about that. Guess we'll just have to wait.

Chris

Illuman23
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Sorry Guys

Post by Illuman23 »

I'm out on this one. I've lost the interest / motovation to play in this game. You all have fun though.
lu lu lu I've got some apples
lu lu lu You've got some too
lu lu lu Let's make some applesauce
Take off our clothes and lu lu lu
--Butters

<FNORD>
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Illuman23"]I'm out on this one. I've lost the interest / motovation to play in this game. You all have fun though.[/quote]

Aw, your kidding? I don't think I could do it with just two... and considering that Opwonder hasn't posted, that leaves just Simon...

Anyone else out there interested, at all?

Chris