Schedule

A Mutants and Masterminds Noir campaign run by devlin1
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Yeah, I'd be up for cruisin' down.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

What time are we meeting? If we can go later, those of us signed up for the Delta Green game may be able to go to that also (cause I like a good 3 game day whenever I can get em), but with the drive I'm wondering if that would even be feasible. If we are crashing there though we might be able to start a bit later..?

whadda you guys think?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I don't mind starting at, like, 7 or 8, but neither do I want you guys running out of one game to drive like mad to the next. And remember, whatever time we start, we'll only be playing until around midnight, because that's when the Star Wars game starts.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Well, I'll have to start a bit late anyway. I'm flying back from New Jersey on that day. I'll be landing in San Diego around 4:30pm. I'm guessing ETA to Mike's place at around 6:30~7:30pm?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Well, I'll have to start a bit late anyway. I'm flying back from New Jersey on that day. I'll be landing in San Diego around 4:30pm. I'm guessing ETA to Mike's place at around 6:30~7:30pm?[/quote]
Wow, that sucks. Listen, fellas, if that isn't a good day, let's just move it to one that is. I know I'm all like "Yay, let's play at my new place!" but it's not a deal-breaker.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Well, you know what I say - we game from whenever we are all there till noon the next day - But I always get these looks from people when I suggest things like that...:mrgreen:
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]...But I always get these looks from people when I suggest things like that...:mrgreen:[/quote]you mean looks of approval?
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm still a go. As long as people aren't expecting to start gaming at noon time on Saturday or something. I'm looking forward to it actually.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I'm still a go. As long as people aren't expecting to start gaming at noon time on Saturday or something. I'm looking forward to it actually.[/quote]
Well, I'll just be sitting around at home anyway, so if it's still good with you guys it's good with me. Are you all still going to carpool? I.e., should I expect you all at around 7-ish?

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm up for carpooling if'n everyone else is.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i am pro-carpool.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

carpool is fine by me. When and where?
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i get out of work at 5:00. i'm down to meet anywhere.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i get out of work at 5:00.[/quote]
On Saturday...?

Also, just to reiterate, we're talking about next weekend, the 8th, not this weekend.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]On Saturday...?[/quote]whoops! no, no work on saturday. i can meet whenever.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm the mitigating factor here. I'm flying back from a biz trip in NJ on that Saturday, and my flight lands around 4:30ish.

My guess is that I'll be home and unpacked around an hr later. Then I'll be ready to leave. That means ETA to pick up Albert at around 6pm. Sam lives in Escondido or someplace crazy like that, if I remember correctly. So we wouldn't be reaching there 'til probably around 6:30. Then there's the drive to Irvine from Escondido, which I'm judging would take around 1 1/2 hrs. ETA to Mike's place 8pm.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I'm the mitigating factor here. I'm flying back from a biz trip in NJ on that Saturday, and my flight lands around 4:30ish.

My guess is that I'll be home and unpacked around an hr later. Then I'll be ready to leave. That means ETA to pick up Albert at around 6pm. Sam lives in Escondido or someplace crazy like that, if I remember correctly. So we wouldn't be reaching there 'til probably around 6:30. Then there's the drive to Irvine from Escondido, which I'm judging would take around 1 1/2 hrs. ETA to Mike's place 8pm.[/quote]

See, this is why I'm suggesting that it might just not be workable to game -- at all -- on the 8th. Does it really make sense for one or two of you to rush from one game to another, or for Andy to travel all day and game all night on three hours of jet lag? I'm not saying it's off, but I am suggesting that everyone really makes sure this is what he wants to do.

(I mean, you could just go straight from the airport to Albert's to Sam's to my place, if you planned for it in advance, but that isn't really making things much better.)

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="devlin1"](I mean, you could just go straight from the airport to Albert's to Sam's to my place, if you planned for it in advance, but that isn't really making things much better.)[/quote]

That would only cut the time down about a 1/2 hr or so, and then I'd have to park my car at the garage (which costs a pretty penny), and I'd have to lug my luggage around, and etc.

Okay, so if we postponed, when would be the next weeekend that Jill would be away?

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Okay, so if we postponed, when would be the next weeekend that Jill would be away?[/quote]
I have no idea, but I'm not suggesting we wait for that -- we'd just game in San Diego later in the month, like we usually do. It'd be cool to play up here, but it's not a must, and we'd be able to do it another time anyway.

Alternately, I could just drive down there on the 8th. It doesn't solve your jet lag problem, but at least we could start earlier.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm not concerned with jet lag (it usually doesn't affect me cuz I typcially stay on CA time -- i.e. I'm always super tired when I go back east, but I feel fine once I get back home).

Nor am I concerned with the late start time. But if you are, that's a different matter. If you'd rather do it a different day, or just come down on that day, it's okay with me. I'm just saying that I'm not concerned at all.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I'm not concerned with jet lag (it usually doesn't affect me cuz I typcially stay on CA time -- i.e. I'm always super tired when I go back east, but I feel fine once I get back home).

Nor am I concerned with the late start time. But if you are, that's a different matter. If you'd rather do it a different day, or just come down on that day, it's okay with me. I'm just saying that I'm not concerned at all.[/quote]

I'm up for all-night gaming if you guys are. I just want to make sure everyone knows that if we start at 8:30, that's, like, what we'll end up doing.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I vote for all weekend instead of all night gaming. Why do it half-assed?
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i am good for all options.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]I vote for all weekend instead of all night gaming. Why do it half-assed?[/quote]
I'm right there with you, but Andy... New Jersey... carpooling... etc.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

As I've expressed above, I'm not concerned with being tired. I won't be any more tired than I'd be on a regular Saturday. In fact I'll probably sleep most of the flight back, and be pretty rested up.

I'm definitely looking forward to it, and if we postpone it now, the date for it happening again is unknown (as far as doing the over-night-at-Mike's thing, is what I mean).
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

All right, then. It's on.

Someone tell Chris.
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]Someone tell Chris.[/quote]spoke to chris. he said he'll be doing some important jewelry shopping that weekend.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]spoke to chris. he said he'll be doing some important jewelry shopping that weekend.[/quote]
Yeah, I reckon he would be....

Fine! That's just more Sunny D for the rest of us!

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Couple of questions as i try to schedule my weekend here:

1) Should I just drop by your place Andy after my Delta Green Game, since I'll be down there(ish) anyway? Might save some driving somewhere..

2) What sort of schedule are we looking at for Sunday? I have potential lunch/dinner plans - how long are we planning on staying up in Irvine?
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

1) if by "andy's place" you mean his workplace, that sounds pretty good to me since it's central, and has plenty of parking. but of course that's up to andy.

2) i'm open to anything.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]

1) Should I just drop by your place Andy after my Delta Green Game, since I'll be down there(ish) anyway? Might save some driving somewhere..

[/quote]

Just letting ya know, Sam your closer to Albert's place. If Andy is picking up Albert you could just meet him there IMO.

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Meeting at Albert's would work too, I suppose - as long as there is a place to stash my car for most of the weekend.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Hmmm very true.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm up for meeting anywhere you guys wanna meet. My work is suitable if you trust that area with your car over the weekend. Alternately, Sam, you can meet me at my house and leave your car there over the weekend too (it's probably safer than at my work place).

If you choose to come to my house, we can leave from there and pick up Albert on our way to Mike's place. You will, of course, have a longer drive home on Sunday.

Speaking of which, I think we should try to get back to San Diego between noon and 1pm.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

How was the RPG Marathon?
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Pretty Good. I reckon I got somewhere around 15+ hours of gaming in, so that's pretty respectable. I still wanted to do some Star Wars action (or at least that 'Smurf of the Smurf' game we were discussing) at about 7am Sunday morning, but *some folks* were having none of it. Guess I won't blame them, we did good all told regardless - gaming till the sun came up and then some ;)

Props to Skyman for the Delta Green action, Mike for an awesome finale to our M&M game (I'm working on the next campaign), and Albert for the Fairy Tale game - that was quite interesting (second in command my ass - that dude was my bitch after I beat his leader, I say).
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

we had our concluding game of "fly by night" and it was crazy good. chock full of noir-y goodness! that wrapped up at about, oh-- around 3 am. we were going to go on to star wars, so everyone leveled up their character sheets, but due to his -4 jetlag condition mod mordraine didn't make his fort save and hit the hay. dnd3eplayer, devlin1, and i stayed up and we played faery's tale. i would heartily recommend it. a lot of fun and a very very light system.

we all woke up around 11 and went to ihop for breakfast. all in all, a swell time. a thousand thank yous for hosting and running, dev.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

After you left Sam...everyone was pretty much in awe you were going on for RPG non stop till sun rise....opps, past sun rise. BTW thnx you guys for being patient with us holding up D&D3eplayer! Glad it was way cool
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I had a hell of a time, fellas -- thanks for coming up. I once again express my amazement that Fly By Night actually concluded, and concluded so perfectly. You guys made it extremely fun to run. It feels like a real accomplishment that we finally managed to wrap it up.

Faery's "Tael" was "some sweet-ass shit," as Glinda Tinklewings might say. Great for an off-the-cuff game, and probably a good intro to RPGs in general.

The first of my D&D guests arrived about an hour after I got back from IHOP yesterday, and I hustled them out at about 10:20 when Jill and her mom returned. So yeah, that's a pretty solid weekend of gaming for me (not as solid as Sam's, but still).

On to Greyhawk! Andy, make a new forum! Do the thing!
Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Skyman"]After you left Sam...everyone was pretty much in awe you were going on for RPG non stop till sun rise....opps, past sun rise. [/quote]
Opps is right -- we didn't go to bed until after 7:00. Sam's a crazy man.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I prefer to think of myself as 'mostly sane, but empassioned about certain things' ;)

hmm - that reminds me, I'm off to post something else.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="devlin1"]

On to Greyhawk! Andy, make a new forum! Do the thing![/quote]

Is that with AD&D or 3.5?

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Skyman"]Is that with AD&D or 3.5?[/quote]
AD&D, 1st ed. In May, we're going to convert from 1st to 4th.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I say in May we convert from 1st to OD&D ;)
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

mucho cool...would I be able to sit for a spin?
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Possible, I'd have to run it by the guys of course. I think we have something like 4 players now, and I wouldn't want to go past 6, 5 might be better. you know, or 12, the way I'm going to meat-grinder their asses!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I vote AYE for Simon playing. But Simon, most of the times we play on Saturdays (granted it's only once a month, but still... I know you're usually busy on Saturdays?). And we had such a good time on the overnight thing at Mike's that it might happen again.

Sam, who else do you think is playing? It's just us right? I.e. me, Albert and Mike?
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Ah very true...I was going to see if I could plan around it since it's once a month but I don't want to be doo doo and miss because of schedule conflicts. The marathon at Dev kinda seemed inviting idea...but that's the young inner me speaking and not the reality based.

I was also thinking having fourth would help even the party out. Ya know. MU, Cleric, Thief & Fighter.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Skyman"]Ah very true...I was going to see if I could plan around it since it's once a month but I don't want to be doo doo and miss because of schedule conflicts. [/quote]
Well, we did have one of those doo-doos in Nat -- he missed the last few sessions and slept through half of the others.

[quote]The marathon at Dev kinda seemed inviting idea...but that's the young inner me speaking and not the reality based.[/quote]
Yeah, I, uh... I wouldn't count on that being a regular thing. Sam apparently does it twice a month, but I don't know how practical it is for the rest of us.

[quote]I was also thinking having fourth would help even the party out. Ya know. MU, Cleric, Thief & Fighter.[/quote]
That's true. I'd like to think, though, that Sam is too good to be straitjacketed by that sort of thing. I'd like to think we could do an all-thief party and still have a great campaign.

Hey! How about an all-thief party?

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

two thumbs up, way up for skyman and for all-thieves!