Last Man Out

A Mutants and Masterminds Noir campaign run by devlin1
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Last Man Out

Post by devlin1 »

So we're going to be transitioning this forum from WotG to M&M. All of these WotG threads will be put into a sub-forum, and then that sub-forum will be sealed in a wooden crate and stored at the back of the warehouse, next to the Ark of the Covenant.

However, it also means renaming this forum, so, in the interest of being a considerate GM, I thought I'd ask your feedback on that.

Right now I want to call it "Fly By Night," because it's an existing phrase that certainly applies to more than a few noir characters, and because it combines a superhero trope (flying) with a noir trope (night). Other suggestions, however, are mandatory.

You may think this sort of thing is unimportant, and you'd be right. I'm just into the details way too much.

Also, I have a fairly complete character creation guide ready to go online sometime after I get home tonight, so look for that, as well. It covers which Powers, Skills, Feats, and Drawbacks are appropriate and which aren't, as well as minor tweaks to nearly all of those and a tiny alteration to the existing Hero Point rules. Before I'm done with it, it'll also include ideas about character concept and (hopefully) some information on the setting.

If you are somehow at the stage in character creation where you're ready for numbers, or if you need numbers and game mechanics to help define your concept (I can identify with that), then it'll be vitally important to you immediately. If not, it'll be vitally important to you eventually.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Fly by Night is jake by me. Also, I know how to change the name of a forum. So, yay me!

(I miss Jake)
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i miss jake, too. fly by night sounds clever.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Well, its only once a month - maybe Jake could get in the car and... well maybe not.

"Fly By Night" sounds fine to me (at least I couldn't think of anything better ;)
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

All right, the consensus has spoken. Mord, kindly rename this thing "Fly By Night," if you will. And replace "A Weapons of the Gods campaign" with "A Mutants and Masterminds Noir game" while you're at it, please. Thanks much.

And then... however we'd create the sub-forum. That also must be done. And all these threads must be put into it. Then my plans will almost be complete -- except, of course, for acquiring the Jade Monkey.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

"Actually sir, we found the Jade Monkey. It was in your glove compartment."

"And the maps and ice scraper?"

"Yes, sir."

"Excellent! Its all falling into place..."
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Done.

I'm not sure about that whole sub-forum deal though. I'll have to look into that.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Actually, I figured it out pretty easily... Now we have a subforum for the old WotG game, and a main forum for Fly By Night.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Actually, I figured it out pretty easily... Now we have a subforum for the old WotG game, and a main forum for Fly By Night.[/quote]
Excellent! Thanks so much for that.

Mike Olson
Illuman23
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Illuman23 »

Once a month? That sounds like a game I could do. I've "Checked Up" on WOTG posts the games sound fun. Are you looking for any more players?
lu lu lu I've got some apples
lu lu lu You've got some too
lu lu lu Let's make some applesauce
Take off our clothes and lu lu lu
--Butters

<FNORD>
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Illuman23"]Once a month? That sounds like a game I could do. I've "Checked Up" on WOTG posts the games sound fun. Are you looking for any more players?[/quote]
Not at the moment. I'm sure you've noticed this already, but just in case you haven't, we're not doing the WotG game anymore -- now it's M&M, noir-style. And it'll be hard enough to capture a true noir flavor with three protagonists, let alone four, but if that changes I'll let you know.

Mike Olson