Starship Troopers Prototypes

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

The pics of the first models are up. For the images they are basing the game on visually, they're mostly going with the stuff from the Roughnecks cartoon. The troopers from the movie WON'T be the Mobile Infantry, those units will be a second line outfit in the force lists.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/news_ ... id_news=14

The basis for most of the source material will be from the book. Matt Sprange has said that the book, then Roughnecks, then the movie (God ST:2 really sucked), in order are the sources of background.
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I saw the miniatures. They look okay, but the faces really suck. From what I understand they are prototypes for playtesting. Hopefully they will improve them.

Starship Troopers 2 really sucked. It could have not been set in the Starship Troopers setting and it wouldn't have mattered.

Jonathan
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

[quote="Count Zero"]I saw the miniatures. They look okay, but the faces really suck. From what I understand they are prototypes for playtesting. Hopefully they will improve them.

Starship Troopers 2 really sucked. It could have not been set in the Starship Troopers setting and it wouldn't have mattered.

Jonathan[/quote]

ST:2 was on par with any other made for cable movie. It blew. Didn't even show the cool ships from ST:1.

And yeah, the faces looked bad. Those minis won't go into full scale production, will be free at GenCon and Origins, just prototypes.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]Starship Troopers 2 really sucked. It could have not been set in the Starship Troopers setting and it wouldn't have mattered. [/quote]

There was a ST2? Holy shit, how low film-makers have sunk...

Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I still think the animated Roughnecks show was the best visual representation.

And on the figs, I've seen worse, but I hope the finals are better looking. I'm really just interested in seeing the rules, myself.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

[quote="smartmonkey"][quote]Starship Troopers 2 really sucked. It could have not been set in the Starship Troopers setting and it wouldn't have mattered. [/quote]

There was a ST2? Holy shit, how low film-makers have sunk...[/quote]

It sucked.

Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

[quote="Gotetsu"]I still think the animated Roughnecks show was the best visual representation.

And on the figs, I've seen worse, but I hope the finals are better looking. I'm really just interested in seeing the rules, myself.[/quote]

Matt Sprange is taking suggestions on how to make them better. The rules will be non-D20.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Really? How do I send him a suggestion?

I think the only thing I would change is having the faces be covered with a screen. Facesalmost ALWAYS look goofy on miniatures, and I like the idea of face-screen.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »