For The Horde!!!

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

The page looks cool so far. Love the logo at the top of the Origins page.

Speaking of which, this is the text for that page. Posted on the first page of this thread. Thanks to Blanch for helping me out on it. :)

[quote]The Story...

On the world of Derth, the evil sorcerer Malithrax was once again making his move to conquer the Shining Empire. As before, he had summoned a Horde for his bidding. Though the Orcs were, indeed, a warlike race, they were also a noble race, and preferred to fight for glory and personal honor, and not for the greed of one man. As a race, the orcs felt no malice towards the humans and elves of the Shining Empire. But, Malithrax was powerful, and the leaders of the Horde ware coerced into helping. The Orcs would fight unwillingly, but they would fight just the same.

However, when Malithrax had summoned a portal that would take the Horde to their staging area, something went amiss. A storm of pure Chaos energies was intertwined with the magical energies, and the portal was warped and altered. Caught in the maelstrom of energy that followed, a large number of Orcs were hurtled through space and time.

When they awoke, things were not as they remembered. Where they had expected to see great forests and mighty castles, they saw long roads of pure stone, and fortresses that stretched to the sky. It was a city, but unlike anything any Orc had ever seen. Then they saw the natives: Humans! At first the orcs feared attack by the knights of the Shining Empire. However, the people who walked the streets seemed to glance indifferently at them, if at all. And soon, the Orcs found out why. This place, which they learned was called “Paragon City,” was peopled with beings of great power, wizards and warriors referred to as “Heroes” by the populace. These “Heroes” protected the city from the seemingly endless armies of miscreants and evildoers.

The Orcs took this as a sign. Battle was in their blood, and this new world they found themselves in was as much a source of conflict as the one they had left. Though some thought they should battle against the Heroes (many of whom were very much like the Shining Empire Knights), one orc, Gortek, rose above the others and proclaimed that they should battle alongside these humans. It was obvious that this was a place of great power, but also one where a great warrior could find much glory and honor. He pointed out that they were no match for some of the more powerful Heroes. And so they turned their warrior talents on the villains. Hellions, Skulls, The Council, it mattered not. Battle was to be had, and glory was to be theirs.

At first they banded in small parties or made war alone. But soon, the call was upon them. One by one, Gortek began to gather The Horde… [/quote]

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Woo! I like it.

Gotetsu has screenies of Grotsnik that should be coming your way with other screenies. I also got some good ones of Jake's character in there (sorry, having trouble remembering everyone's orc name).

I'll work on an actual "origin" of Grotsnik later today.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Page looks good so far. 2 things:

1. The picture you have for Gargo is actually Kurguk. I know they look alike, but Kurguk has a mohawk, and Gargo has a topknot. :)

2. Here's a better picture of Gortek.

I have the day off today. So, naturally, I spent all morning in CoH. Gortek just made 9th level, and is already a pip into it. I had teamed up with a girl, and we ended up recruiting a very motley crew (2 cat-guy scrappers, a half-demon scrapper and a tanker who looked like a normal guy), who turned out to be very cool and very effective.

Here's Gortek and the Cyranius (I think that was her name). She's a defender.

So, one more level, and I form The Horde! :D
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

Actually that's a photo of Gargo in his first incarnation. I made a Dark/Dark defender first but it turned out to be too much like Atom Ant.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Wow. Cuz Kurguk looks just like that. All you orcs look alike to me. :D
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Well, as of about 10:30 tonight, The-Horde is an official Super Group. :)

Yes, that's right. After many a strange teamings, and just plain brutal hunting, Gortek has made 10th level. Ale and whores for everyone!!! :D
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Well, as of about 10:30 tonight, The-Horde is an official Super Group. :)

Yes, that's right. After many a strange teamings, and just plain brutal hunting, Gortek has made 10th level. Ale and whores for everyone!!! :D[/quote]

WWWWWAAAAAAGGHHHHH!!!!

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Background for Gortek:
[quote]Gortek had always been among the strongest of his clan. His strength and brutality had taken him far, and at a very young age, he found himself leading warbands. But it wasn’t until Malithrax’s latest ill-fated attempt at domination that Gortek’s true destiny became apparent. With the Chaos storm the transport portal had gone awry, sending Gortek and a large band of orcs hurtling though space and time to Paragon City. Dazed, confused, and more then a little frightened, the orcs were without hope or purpose. It despaired Gortek to see his proud warriors in such a state. So, he took command, and summoned those he could find to him. For in this world, he saw potential. Potential to be the proud, honorable warriors the orcs once were. And so, he set about learning the secrets of Paragon City. The methods of its Heroes. And the foes that threatened from every turn. In time, he would reform The Horde. And gather his warriors together for battle and glory.[/quote]

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Background for Gortek:[/quote]

I've got your new pic and story up now. So when are we all playing again? I was on yesterday, but no orcs, so I got discoman half way to level 17.

No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Cthulhu"]I've got your new pic and story up now. So when are we all playing again? I was on yesterday, but no orcs, so I got discoman half way to level 17.[/quote]

I've been having troulbe finding time to get online, but I'll try to get online tonight.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Cthulhu"]I've got your new pic and story up now. So when are we all playing again? I was on yesterday, but no orcs, so I got discoman half way to level 17.[/quote]

I was on almost all day yesterday. And I was on from about 8:00 to 11:00 too.

Anyways, I'll be on tonight, probably. I do have homework, but I'm about to work on that, so hopefully I'll be done enough.

Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

It might be too late but let me know when you'l be on.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Grotsnik helps take down the Paladin in Kings Row.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Sweet! When were you on? Is that Argrok there on the right?

So, after whooping some Thorn ass, Gortek and Gargo pose in a nice woodland setting. I was busy trying to stay alive to get any action shots. :D

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, Gortek has made 11th level. And he has decided that The Hollows is crap. So, his new stomping grounds will now be Perez Park. Mainly because he likes going into the woods and pounding CoTs into submission. Feels more like home. :D
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

So, does The Horde officially exist then?
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Cthulhu"]So, does The Horde officially exist then?[/quote]

Uhhh...yeah. Since Thursday. Read the posts on the previous page. Jeez, pal, where have YOU been??? ;)

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, I finally got this keybinding thing down. So type the following into your chat, and it will bind the "L" key to the Team battlecry.

/bind l "say FOR THE HORDE!!! $$ emote tarzan"

Now you can change your battlecry on your ID to something more personal, and the F10 key will say that.

Anyways, anyone gonna be on tonight? I'll be on as Gortek until about 10:00, or later if someone else joins me.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, so I periodically check the Horde site, and today I was shocked to see all of the banners everywhere. Freeservers is really getting out of hand. I mean, every page looks like a NASCAR car! Obviously, they want you to pay to have them removed ($20/year or so).

So, I was wondering if you wanted me to host the page, since I already have my banners removed?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Yeah, and the pop-ups are just as bad.

Okay, I've lost track of who palys who... can we get everyone to post their character and a pic to go with it?

I'm Grotsnik, broadsword master.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Yeah, and the pop-ups are just as bad.

Okay, I've lost track of who palys who... can we get everyone to post their character and a pic to go with it?

I'm Grotsnik, broadsword master.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

The page with the members of the horde has everyone's pictures on it. Sorta. The picture that we have for Richard's character actually IS Jake's character, Gargo, albeit in an earler version. But Richard's character looks almost exactly the same. Gargo now has a topknot, but otherwise is pretty much the same.

And apparantly, Gortek is the only orc in existence without tattoos. But, he's just so freaking huge he doesn't need them. :D
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, the Horde page is looking a little neglected...we should schedule a time for us to all get on and do some damage. :D
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'm all for this.

Chris
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I agree. Anyone planning on playing tonight?
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I probably won't, simply because I am dead tired. I am suffering a massive headache from lack of sleep today. But Friday night and probably Saturday morning are good for me.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I can be on saturday morning. FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I have a respec for Gortek. I think I may ditch the Jumping pool, and go for fitness. After seeing how fast Sly Marbo runs now, I think that'll be sufficient for his needs.

Yeah saturday, maybe around 8:30, give or take. Just bash around for a couple of hours. Get some good pictures, and harrass Cthulhu until he updates the site. Btw, are you planning on removing the banners? It's only like $25 for a year...
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I've got a bloacker and sometimes I forget they're actuall there. I'm getting my own website soon and I was thinking of moving the site there. thehorde.whateversitenameiget.com

EDIT: Wow, now that I look at the site at work, those are some big annoying adds. I'll be getting rid of those ASAP.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, since I am home today, I decided to goof around in CoV...

We all know how the Horde was transported to Paragon City through a magical rift. And we all know that Gortek seized control, and forged the Orcs into a force for good.

But have you heard the tale of the Lost Orcs? Those few brawlers who revolted against Gortek? They rose up in the name of the Orc Way. Plunder and Power! But they were outnumbered, and fell swiftly. They now languish in Paragon's prison system. At least, that's where they were until Arachnos began breaking villains out...