The Great Dragon War, Turn G

A forum to build worlds yo...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Here it is, Turn G!

Let's get those G entries in! Deadline for this will be Next Monday.

There are still phantom enteries available, if anyone wants them.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Palantus, Gregor

Son of a human county clerk and bar wench in the small town of Kurlop. Gregor was know for his ability to play the game Ancheth and would play against patrons in the tavern while his mom would be working. Gregor had tried to become a squire with the Knights of Yorth but did not pass their rigorous requirements. Plus he did not have a sponsor or have the lineage. Doomed to follow his father into becoming a county clerk and a life of horrible mediocrity Gregor would take summer jobs with the ale merchants from the Dragon Spine Mountains who had taken a fancy to his Ancheth playing. During the summer, when he was 24, the Dragon Wars cut off his return to Kurlop when orcs had breached the Dragon’s Death Pass. Gregor stayed with the Dwarves for 13 years as an assistant stock clerk of the weapons gallery and was fast friends with the Dwarven weapons master Krava Oyten. During this time he came across the famous Codex of Mountain Warfare and learned the strategies of the mountains. Some say every time Gregor would beat Oyten at Ancheth, which was very frequent, the old Dwarf would try to recover his pride by referring to strategies from the codex.
Gregor eventually left the mountains when the Dwarves joined Yoseph Alluris and his armies against the dragons. He became part of the Dwarven ranger battalion known as the Old Stones. His nick name on the battlefield was Count de Bodiez, since he would count the slain for the Old Stones. Sir Devon Let recruited Gregor to train his Knights of Yorth in the art of using some of the more exotic weapons since there was few veterans left to train the new knights. During an ambush at the retaking of the Citadel of Lasa Hu, a battalion of the Knight of Yorth were cut off from the main force by several flanking orc tribes. Gregor was among them doing drills based on the finer points of a glaive. Out numbered and with a battalion leader frozen in fear. The inexperienced knights looked to Gregor for guidance. Instead of making a drive to the main force Gregor withdrew his battalion to the rocky crags of the Jopla Hills where he had observed a defendable squeeze point along a riverbank and sheer cliff. The orcs pursued the battalion and were slaughtered at the squeeze point. Orc reinforcements fighting the main force of Knights were redirected to Gregor’s battalion and subsequently killed outright. Gregor and his men survived the ambush with only 5 casualties. The defining point was that his men were outnumbered 20 to 1 and armed with only glaives. Gregor then became the captain of the battalion and eventual General of 8 battalion of knights. He is credited with driving out the orcs in the Southern Valley and negotiating the Crystalline Shards in the area now known as the Dragon’s Death Pass. In the Uma Thur Death March Campaign he is known for slaying Grunim Argrok with a lance in the midst of battle during a charge over Jaffa ridge. General Gregor Palantus died moments later when the great dragon Raigher cornered him and his men in the marshes of Al Hasi. It is said that the Old Stones and Krava Oyten were with him at the time fighting side by side to the end.

From the historical book, Strategies of Honor- Accounts recorded from the Honorable Dorma Thinbolt and Sir Jaden Low.

See also: Grunim Argrok, Raigher, Knight of Yorth, Yoseph Alluris, Ancheth, Codex of Mountain Warfare
See also: Old Stones
See also: Uma Thur Death March Campaign
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Nice. That's a frickin' book! :)

Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

sorry I got carried away and he's referenced alot
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Nice Skyman :)

Grand Cathedral - Built to honor the Sovereign Archons, the Grand Cathedral is a breathtaking masterpiece which has stood for uncounted years. The Cathedral itself is massive, covering roughly a square mile, and standing 30 feet high at the base of its glittering dome. The walls and floors are carved from white marble, streaked with veins of silver stone. Throughout the Cathedral are several statues, each carved of flawless white marble, depicting one of the Sovereign Archons in glory and wielding silver weapons.

The most notable feature of the Grand Cathedral is its polished dome. Covering the entirety of the massive Cathedral and shaped from flawless white marble, it has been polished to a mirror sheen, as though an immense and perfect pearl covered the Cathedral below. At noon, the inside of the dome glows with an almost otherwordly light, as the sun encompasses it. The sight has often been likened to a glimpse of the Oasis, home of the Archons, and is the reason why many stay in the Holy City.

Though the Cathedral seems timeless, the hands which control it are not. For most of its history, the Cathedral has been recognized as a haven for all who would glorify the Archons, but a few times it has fallen to zealots. Most of the Human religions have controlled the Cathedral at one point in history. The last time was during the Great Dragon War; Archbishop Altacorp Gui, under demonic control, led his followers into the Holy City and used the Cathedral grounds to train groups of religious warriors. This has prompted a few scholars to wonder if the Demon Melfxai was attempting to somehow desecrate the Cathedral, and if such attempts might be the reason for similar actions throughout history.

--Tarin the Red, Dwarven Loremaster

See Also: Altacorp Gui
See Also: Holy City
See Also: The Oasis
See Also: Sovereign Archons
Its never too early to be a bastard!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Well, I think we all forgot about this during the con, and then when we got back... so, I'll keep this letter open a while longer, so people (like me!) can get their entry in.

Galtan-Mar

Next to nothing is known of the origin of this strange and silent race. The first recorded appearance of the Galtan-Mar, or half-dwarves as they are often called, was approximately 1,000 years before the start of the Great Dragon War. They were living as goat and sheepherders in the highlands and hills near the Dragon Spine Mountains, in tribal units organized by family, similar to the dwarven clan structure. They were taller than dwarves, reaching 5’6” in height, but were just as stout, with muscular arms and legs and barrel chests that make them appear shorter than they really are. Not quite as hardy as their dwarven ancestors, they also weren’t as nimble as their human heritage, but they made up for both by being stronger than either. They also combined the dwarven bent for metal forging with human ingenuity, creating many new weapons, such as the Spiked Chain and the Wulfmar Pike. Unlike other half-breed races, however, the Galtan-Mar breed true, and thus formed their own society. They fought several minor wars with their dwarven and human neighbors before finally being driven from the highlands towards the hills near the Diamond Coast. It was will living there that they helped form the Freelands, and were finally recognized as a “major” race. During the Great Dragon War, their weapon smithing ability and combat prowess came into play in saving the Freelands, especially during the Skull Keep Offensive, where they outshone even the Knights of Yorth in keeping the enemy at bay. The Galtan-Mar hero Korus was said to have single handedly killed the green dragon Vemper during that battle.

- Kharm, personal historian to the High Prelate

- See also: Freelands, the; Diamond Coast; Skull Keep Offensive; Korus; Vemper
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Sorry guys, I'm really busy and have to sit out the next few rounds.
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

I’ll try to get my 2 in real soon. I had house guests all weekend for the con and haven’t had a moment to sit down and work on them.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Goblin Flu

Goblin Flu was first encountered in the Iron Freeholds in the year 1107. It was during this year that goblins began to settle farther north, coming out of the swamplands that they confined themselves to for generations. The migration went unnoticed until the goblins began to settle in and round human controlled lands. Before long, reports of theft and raiding began to reach a local duke, Frederick Sirahar. Sirahar was a short tempered, arrogant man with a hatred of the non-human races. Soon after hearing of the goblins approach, he sent an army to drive them back to the marshes.

The goblins fought fiercely to defend their new settlements, sacrificing themselves rather than be driven back. Over the course of six months, the goblins were wiped from the Iron Freeholds. The Duke was not contented. Sirahar ordered his troops into the swamps, to ensure no new migration began. The army found no living goblins. Weeks of exploration led only to hastily abandoned villages. From what can be determined from goblin writing, an angry god called the Plague Bearer condemned the goblin race to die. The army returned to the Iron Freeholds, carrying the disease with them. For the next year the Goblin Flu spread, killing one in five of the population before ending abruptly. Victims of the disease experienced symptoms of a severe flu, leading eventually to delirium. Many claimed to see a hideous creature called the Plague Bearer before their deaths. This startled the local healers, since the name of the goblin god had never been told to the general public.

See Also:
Iron Freeholds
Plague Bearer
Sirahar, Frederick
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"]Sorry guys, I'm really busy and have to sit out the next few rounds.[/quote]

hang in there big guy...we look forward to it when it comes

Nice Cthulhu!

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Well, I can always unlock a thread after locking it.

So, here's what I'll do. Sense it's so close to the end of the week anyway, I'll keep this open until Monday. Then, I'll lock it and open the next round. If and when you feel you can particapte again, I will unlock this (and others, if nessicary) thread so you can post. If you like, as well, you can snag a couple of unclaimed phantom enteries now, to reserve them.

Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

cool
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

The Great Dragon War, Turn G

Post by BlanchPrez »

And all the G entries.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, well, it looks like I only have my last entry in G, so if anyone else out there still has their G entry, I will enter it here.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Galtan-Mar

Next to nothing is known of the origin of this strange and silent race. The first recorded appearance of the Galtan-Mar, or half-dwarves as they are often called, was approximately 1,000 years before the start of the Great Dragon War. They were living as goat and sheepherders in the highlands and hills near the Dragon Spine Mountains, in tribal units organized by family, similar to the dwarven clan structure. They were taller than dwarves, reaching 5’6” in height, but were just as stout, with muscular arms and legs and barrel chests that make them appear shorter than they really are. Not quite as hardy as their dwarven ancestors, they also weren’t as nimble as their human heritage, but they made up for both by being stronger than either. They also combined the dwarven bent for metal forging with human ingenuity, creating many new weapons, such as the Spiked Chain and the Wulfmar Pike. Unlike other half-breed races, however, the Galtan-Mar breed true, and thus formed their own society. They fought several minor wars with their dwarven and human neighbors before finally being driven from the highlands towards the hills near the Diamond Coast. It was will living there that they helped form the Freelands, and were finally recognized as a “major” race. During the Great Dragon War, their weapon smithing ability and combat prowess came into play in saving the Freelands, especially during the Skull Keep Offensive, where they outshone even the Knights of Yorth in keeping the enemy at bay. The Galtan-Mar hero Korus was said to have single handedly killed the green dragon Vemper during that battle.

- Kharm, personal historian to the High Prelate

- See also: Freelands, the; Diamond Coast; Skull Keep Offensive; Korus; Vemper
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Bumping this up

using this as an example of reclaiming old posts. Check out the World Builder thread discussion for how I did this