The Great Dragon War, Turn E

A forum to build worlds yo...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Here it is, Turn E!

Let's get those E entries in! Deadline for this will be Next Tuesday (given that this weekend is a holiday, and most people have Monday off).

Remember, there are still phantom enteries available, if anyone wants them.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Elves, Tall

As many people know, elves are but one of numerous mortal races descended from the immortal, though now extinct, Tuatha De Dannen, who hailed from the lost world of Faerie. Like goblins, another Faeire race, your average elf stands in height around 4 feet tall. Tall Elves, however, are a strange racial offshoot that can reach up to 5 ½ or even 6 feet in height. Despite their stature, however, Tall Elves share many physical traits in common with other elves, such as almond shaped eyes, long, tapered ears and a thin but muscular build. They also share the elven longevity, living as long as 1500 years. Unlike their smaller cousins, however, Tall Elves are a more warlike race, focusing on the perfection of their martial talents rather than embracing the magical arts. Some speculate that this comes from their close relationship with humans. Whatever the reason, Tall Elves are known the world over as fearsome fighters and archers, and mercenary companies made up solely of Tall Elves is not uncommon even today. This tradition even affected their society, which was based around great “houses.” Each house had approximately 1,000 fighting men in it, and was lead by a General, after whom the house was often named. It was this military tradition that lead to the forging of the Wyrmslayers during the Great Dragon War. Despite this strong military background, however, Tall Elves are also very religious, and have many monasteries and orders dedicated to peace. Some of the greatest diplomats in the world have been Tall Elves, including Avesti of the house of Knossis.

- Kharm, personal historian to the High Prelate

- See also: Avesti, Amethyst, Mercenary Companies, Tuatha De Dannen, Wyrmslayers
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Evreer, Lapu

Half orc and half dwarf, sheep and avacado farmer from the Teardrop Islands, located just off of Degen Harbor. Credited for warning the people of Atland Port of the Dragon attack just prior to the Battle of Degen Harbor when a dragon, he was friends with on the island, named Altegrush the Green Leaf, warned him to stay away from the Atland port.
He later became a liason between dragons and the humanoid population during several peace talks and treaties, such as the Joy Division Treaty. Considered a private person and social recluse his private journals document his regret for warning the people of Atland Port mixed with his sorrow for the people and dragons who died.
Some of the Dragon cults and humanoid religions recognize him as the Reluctant Avatar for Peace or as Saint Lapu. He was never married but lived with his male life companion, Makni Lor, for most of his life till he passed away of heart failure at the age of 193.
A giant size bronze statue of him on the docks of Atland Port pointing to the island off the coast still reminds the people of his contribution to all of humanity and peace.

-Jovan Kuloi, Great Figures of History

See also Battle of Degen Harbor
See also Joy Division Treat
See also Ultegrush the Green Leaf
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Oookay.... having a little fun, are we? ;)

Anyone else going to add stuff? I'll extend the deadline, if needed.

Chris
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

I don't know if I'll be able to get mine in today. :oops:
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"]I don't know if I'll be able to get mine in today. :oops:[/quote]

I'm willing to extend the deadline. The holiday seems to have put everyone off.

How about extending this another week, until next Monday?

Chris

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Thanks for the extension, with the holliday I completely forgot.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Sounds good.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

slacker.....j/k :lol:
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Maybe we could extend the deadline just until Wedensday? I know Skyman has already jumped on his F phantom entry and is ready to go, I'll have time to do it tomorrow, having personal problems and can't focus enough to write anything today.

Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Eilonif - A Pale Elven General, considered odd even among his own people. He is credited with getting his people to abandon their isolationist policies and become involved in the Great Dragon War; he led over 2,000 Pale Elves through the Dwarven Dragon Spine Mountains and into the conflict.

Several times referred to as a Short Elf, Eilonif began to worry that his people would be remembered as nothing but "The Short Elves"; the smaller shadow of the Tall Elves and their Wyrmslayers. While his people fought fiercely in many battles, he funded research into many ways to make his people more efficient warriors. A contract with a group known as Bizeat granted him 5 prototype autolures before Argrok the Merciless slaughtered them.

Eilonif sent four of his five prototypes out to the great Nations of the world. When General Dontipiday contacted him for money to modify the Autolure to work against Dragons, Eilonif sent most of his remaining funds to fuel his research. Though his people fought fiercely, and the Autolure modifications became an important weapon for fighting Dragons, Eilonif was still bombarded with the term "Short Elf" wherever he went. Disgusted, Eilonif led his 500 remaining Pale Elves back through the Dragon Spine Mountains, leaving his own Autolure with Warmaster Rurik Torunn.

It is suspected that Eilonif killed himself after seeing the survivors of his army return home. A few rumors say that he serves as a border guard for his people, slaughtering any who would invade their home. It is impossible to say which is true, shortly after his return the Pale Elves re-adopted their self-imposed isolation.

--Tarin the Red, Dwarven Loremaster

See Also: Autolure
See Also: Bizeat
See Also: Dontipiday, General Londo
See Also: Pale Elves
See Also: Warmaster Rurik Torunn

Sorry, was up in LA Sunday and Monday. Been slacking off and enjoying free time ;p
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

Earthreaver, Hammer of Hell: Arguably no single weapon has caused more suffering then Earthreaver, the fell weapon of Johann Dahkmar, Autarch of the Iron Freeholds. In the pitch of battle the Autorch would bring the Hammer of Hell down upon the ground and send waves of evil ahead of him and into the armies ahead. Anguish, madness, sorrow, all who fell before the wooden hammer’s foul flux were affected in some ill way to some degree. Strong and able men so weakened that they collapsed under the weight of their armor. Trusted and honorable leaders turned on there own men slaughtering dozens before they could be put down. So evil was the power of Earthreaver that it was said to have rotted the ground and sour mines deep below the earth.

Those who saw the Autarch in battle with Earthreaver said that the weapon seemed to react of its own accord. Blocking attacks from all angles, both melee and missile, martial and mystic. There was even a tale told among solders of the Iron Freeholds that recounted the Autorch left for dead, his head cleaved open, only to be found in the midst of battle a short time latter. These accounts are all the more believable when compared with the reports of the Elven mystic Tendra Lúthien.

Her ancient scrolls tell of a walk in the astral plane during one of the Autarch’s battles and her observations from the middle of combat. She tells of a great horned daemon wrapped around the Autrach sucking the life forces from his skull. She saw no wooden hammer instead the Autarch grasped the beast below the elbow and would strike with the beast’s fist. Energy was then drawn from the soles of the victims and would travel through the ground to the feet of the Autarch. The energy, traveling up into the Autarch, would fill the void left by the beast. One can only imagine how Earthreaver and the daemon lord Tel’Naga twisted and blackened the sole of Johann Dahkmar.

-Father Xerxes, Master of the Great Library

See also: Binding, Daemonic
See also: Planer Walking
See also: Lúthien, Tendra
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Wow, Jake, that's just damn scarry.

Chris
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Jake fucking rocks.

Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Eretani

Often described as the "Lost Men" or "Men of Shadow", the Eretani are descended from Kalanthes, First King of Men and his noble line. Two thousand years before the Dragon Wars the descendants of the great king ruled from the citadel of Kohnath, guiding the lives of all civilized men. But a rift occured in the high court as one by one several members of the royal line were seduced by Lynthial, Goddess of Deception. This led to 100 years of civil war, which resulted in those that had been seduced fleeing east. They established several forts in the mountains of the northeast and for many years were a protective and civilizing force to all who dwelt near them.

The holdings of the Eretani grew and came to be known as Ferronius and trade flourished between that kingdom and the rest of the world for a time. But the evil will of Lynthial and her followers caused the ruling men to be ever more cruel and despotic. The commen men lost more and more of their freedom and serfs became little more than slaves. The only defense the inhabitants of Ferronia had was the preists of the Church of Yorth, who defended them in the high court against the Ferronian Sovereign. The Church was eventually banished from the capitol and several of its preists who defeyed the order to leave were publically executed. The Knights of Yorth were summoned but driven back by the harshest winter ever recored in Necti and were driven back, never to return. The Eretani became further fragmented over the harsh treatment of the preists, and a few years of fighting amongst themselves resulted in the birth of the Iron Freeholds, a loose network of feifs who were all vassal to the corrupt and evil Sovereign.

The power of the Eretani never grew after this time until the Autarch came to power early in the Dragon Wars. They fell into petty infighting, assassination of opposing nobles, and a slave trade network unequalled in its sophistication and brutality. None were ever able to conquer the Eretani though the once noble bloodline is greatly diminshed and the Nalatani, Kalanthes other sons and daughters, disavow any kinship with them. They did contribute to the disruption of several plots and strategies devised by the dragons and their servants by using deception and trickery, as well as the foul magics and weapons introduced by the Autarch and his heirs.

Mentat-Majoris Xalthon Hex, Steward of the Crystal Scrolls

See also:

Crurch of Yorth, the
Kalanthes, First King of Men
Lynthial, Goddess of deception
Nalatani

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Very nice guys. This getting to be really really good reads like in a novel. Very compelling!
Jake

Post by Jake »

:oops: Gee guys thanks.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

IS that all the people who were contributing? This is really fun.
Jake

Post by Jake »

I think we're still missing Carl ... I mean Cthulhu. At least that's all from who did D's.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'll have it in today.
Skyman, coolest avatar ever.

-Carlthulhu 8)
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Cthulhu"]I'll have it in today.

[/quote]

Gotta agree, Skyman, that's is great.

I'll keep this thread upen for you Cthulhu, but I'll also be opening the next thread soon.

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:76a155d804="Cthulhu"]I'll have it in today.

[/quote]

Gotta agree, Skyman, that's is great.

I'll keep this thread upen for you Cthulhu, but I'll also be opening the next thread soon.

Chris[/quote:76a155d804]

Thank you I hope you enjoy the mini action flick of a guy trying to open a door.

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Eggstealer
The eggstealer is a large bird-like creature that feeds on the eggs and young of fire-drakes, wyerns, and occasionally dragons. Eggstealers are flightless. They are similar in size and shape to an osterich, with red-brown skin, black plumage and sharp, serrated beaks. They are common to the Iron Freeholds, the Dragon Islands, and anywhere their prey makes their homes. During the autumn and winter, when their usual prey do no lay eggs, eggstealers will attack people and livestock. Even small villages have been attacked during particularly harsh winters. Attempts have been made to tame eggstealers due their amazing running speed. Such attempts invariably fail. Most nations passed laws preventing anyone from trying. For now, the creatures only use to mankind is their ability to keep the wyvern and fire-drake populations low.

- Nes Paolin, Naturalist

Also see: Fire-drake, Wyvern, Iron Freeholds
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Nice. And with that, the Lock comes down. :)

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

The Great Dragon War, Turn E

Post by BlanchPrez »

Here's all the E entries.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Elves, Tall

As many people know, elves are but one of numerous mortal races descended from the immortal, though now extinct, Tuatha De Dannen, who hailed from the lost world of Faerie. Like goblins, another Faeire race, your average elf stands in height around 4 feet tall. Tall Elves, however, are a strange racial offshoot that can reach up to 5 ½ or even 6 feet in height. Despite their stature, however, Tall Elves share many physical traits in common with other elves, such as almond shaped eyes, long, tapered ears and a thin but muscular build. They also share the elven longevity, living as long as 1500 years. Unlike their smaller cousins, however, Tall Elves are a more warlike race, focusing on the perfection of their martial talents rather than embracing the magical arts. Some speculate that this comes from their close relationship with humans. Whatever the reason, Tall Elves are known the world over as fearsome fighters and archers, and mercenary companies made up solely of Tall Elves is not uncommon even today. This tradition even affected their society, which was based around great “houses.” Each house had approximately 1,000 fighting men in it, and was lead by a General, after whom the house was often named. It was this military tradition that lead to the forging of the Wyrmslayers during the Great Dragon War. Despite this strong military background, however, Tall Elves are also very religious, and have many monasteries and orders dedicated to peace. Some of the greatest diplomats in the world have been Tall Elves, including Avesti of the house of Knossis.

- Kharm, personal historian to the High Prelate

- See also: Avesti, Amethyst, Mercenary Companies, Tuatha De Dannen, Wyrmslayers
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Evreer, Lapu

Half orc and half dwarf, sheep and avacado farmer from the Teardrop Islands, located just off of Degen Harbor. Credited for warning the people of Atland Port of the Dragon attack just prior to the Battle of Degen Harbor when a dragon, he was friends with on the island, named Ultegrush the Green Leaf, warned him to stay away from the Atland port.
He later became a liason between dragons and the humanoid population during several peace talks and treaties, such as the Joy Division Treaty. Considered a private person and social recluse his private journals document his regret for warning the people of Atland Port mixed with his sorrow for the people and dragons who died.
Some of the Dragon cults and humanoid religions recognize him as the Reluctant Avatar for Peace or as Saint Lapu. He was never married but lived with his male life companion, Makni Lor, for most of his life till he passed away of heart failure at the age of 193.
A giant size bronze statue of him on the docks of Atland Port pointing to the island off the coast still reminds the people of his contribution to all of humanity and peace.

-Jovan Kuloi, Great Figures of History

See also Battle of Degen Harbor
See also Joy Division Treat
See also Ultegrush the Green Leaf
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Eilonif - A Pale Elven General, considered odd even among his own people. He is credited with getting his people to abandon their isolationist policies and become involved in the Great Dragon War; he led over 2,000 Pale Elves through the Dwarven Dragon Spine Mountains and into the conflict.

Several times referred to as a Short Elf, Eilonif began to worry that his people would be remembered as nothing but "The Short Elves"; the smaller shadow of the Tall Elves and their Wyrmslayers. While his people fought fiercely in many battles, he funded research into many ways to make his people more efficient warriors. A contract with a group known as Bizeat granted him 5 prototype autolures before Argrok the Merciless slaughtered them.

Eilonif sent four of his five prototypes out to the great Nations of the world. When General Dontipiday contacted him for money to modify the Autolure to work against Dragons, Eilonif sent most of his remaining funds to fuel his research. Though his people fought fiercely, and the Autolure modifications became an important weapon for fighting Dragons, Eilonif was still bombarded with the term "Short Elf" wherever he went. Disgusted, Eilonif led his 500 remaining Pale Elves back through the Dragon Spine Mountains, leaving his own Autolure with Warmaster Rurik Torunn.

It is suspected that Eilonif killed himself after seeing the survivors of his army return home. A few rumors say that he serves as a border guard for his people, slaughtering any who would invade their home. It is impossible to say which is true, shortly after his return the Pale Elves re-adopted their self-imposed isolation.

--Tarin the Red, Dwarven Loremaster

See Also: Autolure
See Also: Bizeat
See Also: Dontipiday, General Londo
See Also: Pale Elves
See Also: Warmaster Rurik Torunn
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Earthreaver, Hammer of Hell: Arguably no single weapon has caused more suffering then Earthreaver, the fell weapon of Johann Dahkmar, Autarch of the Iron Freeholds. In the pitch of battle the Autorch would bring the Hammer of Hell down upon the ground and send waves of evil ahead of him and into the armies ahead. Anguish, madness, sorrow, all who fell before the wooden hammer’s foul flux were affected in some ill way to some degree. Strong and able men so weakened that they collapsed under the weight of their armor. Trusted and honorable leaders turned on there own men slaughtering dozens before they could be put down. So evil was the power of Earthreaver that it was said to have rotted the ground and sour mines deep below the earth.

Those who saw the Autarch in battle with Earthreaver said that the weapon seemed to react of its own accord. Blocking attacks from all angles, both melee and missile, martial and mystic. There was even a tale told among solders of the Iron Freeholds that recounted the Autorch left for dead, his head cleaved open, only to be found in the midst of battle a short time latter. These accounts are all the more believable when compared with the reports of the Elven mystic Tendra Lúthien.

Her ancient scrolls tell of a walk in the astral plane during one of the Autarch’s battles and her observations from the middle of combat. She tells of a great horned daemon wrapped around the Autrach sucking the life forces from his skull. She saw no wooden hammer instead the Autarch grasped the beast below the elbow and would strike with the beast’s fist. Energy was then drawn from the soles of the victims and would travel through the ground to the feet of the Autarch. The energy, traveling up into the Autarch, would fill the void left by the beast. One can only imagine how Earthreaver and the daemon lord Tel’Naga twisted and blackened the sole of Johann Dahkmar.

-Father Xerxes, Master of the Great Library

See also: Binding, Daemonic
See also: Planer Walking
See also: Lúthien, Tendra
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Eretani

Often described as the "Lost Men" or "Men of Shadow", the Eretani are descended from Kalanthes, First King of Men and his noble line. Two thousand years before the Dragon Wars the descendants of the great king ruled from the citadel of Kohnath, guiding the lives of all civilized men. But a rift occured in the high court as one by one several members of the royal line were seduced by Lynthial, Goddess of Deception. This led to 100 years of civil war, which resulted in those that had been seduced fleeing east. They established several forts in the mountains of the northeast and for many years were a protective and civilizing force to all who dwelt near them.

The holdings of the Eretani grew and came to be known as Ferronius and trade flourished between that kingdom and the rest of the world for a time. But the evil will of Lynthial and her followers caused the ruling men to be ever more cruel and despotic. The commen men lost more and more of their freedom and serfs became little more than slaves. The only defense the inhabitants of Ferronia had was the preists of the Church of Yorth, who defended them in the high court against the Ferronian Sovereign. The Church was eventually banished from the capitol and several of its preists who defeyed the order to leave were publically executed. The Knights of Yorth were summoned but driven back by the harshest winter ever recored in Necti and were driven back, never to return. The Eretani became further fragmented over the harsh treatment of the preists, and a few years of fighting amongst themselves resulted in the birth of the Iron Freeholds, a loose network of feifs who were all vassal to the corrupt and evil Sovereign.

The power of the Eretani never grew after this time until the Autarch came to power early in the Dragon Wars. They fell into petty infighting, assassination of opposing nobles, and a slave trade network unequalled in its sophistication and brutality. None were ever able to conquer the Eretani though the once noble bloodline is greatly diminshed and the Nalatani, Kalanthes other sons and daughters, disavow any kinship with them. They did contribute to the disruption of several plots and strategies devised by the dragons and their servants by using deception and trickery, as well as the foul magics and weapons introduced by the Autarch and his heirs.

Mentat-Majoris Xalthon Hex, Steward of the Crystal Scrolls

See also:

Crurch of Yorth, the
Kalanthes, First King of Men
Lynthial, Goddess of deception
Nalatani
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Eggstealer
The eggstealer is a large bird-like creature that feeds on the eggs and young of fire-drakes, wyerns, and occasionally dragons. Eggstealers are flightless. They are similar in size and shape to an osterich, with red-brown skin, black plumage and sharp, serrated beaks. They are common to the Iron Freeholds, the Dragon Islands, and anywhere their prey makes their homes. During the autumn and winter, when their usual prey do no lay eggs, eggstealers will attack people and livestock. Even small villages have been attacked during particularly harsh winters. Attempts have been made to tame eggstealers due their amazing running speed. Such attempts invariably fail. Most nations passed laws preventing anyone from trying. For now, the creatures only use to mankind is their ability to keep the wyvern and fire-drake populations low.

- Nes Paolin, Naturalist

Also see: Fire-drake, Wyvern, Iron Freeholds