The Fraternal University of Bright All-round Roleplayers
SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN »

so tomorrow at 11 tom?
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Sounds good to me. I'll try to be awake and ready to go. :)
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Are we going to play tomorrow? I'm supposed to be doing HG, right?
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN
Bumpy-Headed Alien

I wold like to play tomorrow but up to john. and yes it your trun
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, well, if we play, it won't be HG exactly. I had a long and rough week, and just wasn't up for trying to learn a new rules system. But, I am willing to run the same kind of scenario I talked about using my own system. I have it written up, and I have copies of the core rules printed out.

I will also bring SpyCraft in case the EGO game doesn't work out.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Cool. Game on!
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Also, the security gates are working now, so give me a call when you get here.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I left my phone there, so I will be up tomorrow (later today) to get it. :smash:
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, just to verify, you guys are both busy this weekend? (the 10th)
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Yep, I'll be in gone. The weekend after should be ok though.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Richard's gone that weekend...
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Oh yeah. I may have my Tyranids by then though.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Well, do ya? Enough for a 500 point force? Cuz I gots da Orks!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Yeah, I think I can pull that off. I had them all in my mail box when I got home.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, today?
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Sure. Give me a call on my home line. My cell phone charger is in a Holiday Inn in Eureka.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Fear the WAAAGH!! of Gortek!!!! :biggrin:
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Fear the Fetus Tyrant!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Cthulhu"]Fear the Fetus Tyrant![/quote]

:lolup:

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Are we doing anything tomorrow?
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'm free.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Game of Thrones tomorrow?
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Yep.
SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Sorry But I can not make to night. something came up.
can try some other time.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

That's cool, I woke up really late this morning and forgot to pack up my 40k Stuff. Anyone free on Wednesday?
SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN
Bumpy-Headed Alien

work for me
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Heh. I totally forgot about this. Wednesday should work for me.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

My GURPS Character...

In ancient times, the Forgaard Mountains were home to powerful dragons. These dragons were few in number, but they were the masters of all who dwelt there. Especially the clans of barbarians driven into the mountains by crusading knights of the Talos Empire. These barbaric people had made pacts with the dragons. Each clan served a particular dragon, working, gathering, and even fighting when needed. In exchange, the clans were kept safe from the knights.

But then came the Dragon War. The knights sought to break the power of the Highland Dragons by recruiting the help of their own dragons. They stole the eggs of any they could find, and raised the hatchlings as slave-mounts. When the knights had sufficient strength, they attacked without mercy.

In the end, a single Highland Dragon remained. Deep in his fortified cave, he performed a ritual that would make him immortal and invulnerable. This dragon, Kerivaxx, emerged and slew any dragons he could find, driving the knights back to the lowland plains. But whenever he slew another dragon, he would take it’s corpse back to his lair. What he did was not readily known by his servile clan of humans. But it was soon revealed that his rituals would steal the “essence” from the dragon, storing it in a totem that he had created, thus sustaining his own power. But the further he ranged from his totem, the less powerful he became. And soon, he was unable to find any dragons within his realm.

So, Kerivaxx devised a plan. Once every generation, he would choose a warrior from his servants, and imbue that warrior with some of his power. In exchange, this warrior would be tasked with bringing Kerivaxx a Dragonstone, a large gem imbued with the essence of a recently slain dragon. Should the warrior fail to do so before he met his death, his soul would be consumed by the link with Kerivaxx. And another would have to be chosen. But if he were successful, he would retain his powers, and his family would be spared from the task for five generations.

The Dragon Warrior is easily recognizable for the “tattoos” that cover his body, and the dead, reptilian eyes. He is often feared, and carries a reputation wherever he goes. Few people within a thousand leagues have not heard of him. Many believe he is the same man, and is immortal. Most believe his power comes from a pact with a demon. In the past, some Dragon Warriors have made no effort to dispel these rumors, thus fueling their spread.

Ral had not wanted to be the Dragon Warrior for his generation. While the power was tempting, the responsibility and potential consequences were more than he felt he could handle. But Kerivaxx thought otherwise. He had chosen Ral, for whatever reason, and now the man was burdened with the task of slaying a dragon and bringing Kerivaxx a Dragonstone.

Korel had coveted the power. He had petitioned Kerivaxx himself, but had been refused. The dragon knew that the man’s ambition would all the more dangerous should he have the power of a Dragon Warrior. Korel resented Ral, and swore to foil his attempt to bring home a Dragonstone, and thus prove to Kerivaxx that he was stronger, and a better choice to be the Dragon Warrior.

Ral’s appearance is typical of a Dragon Warrior. He is massive, yet lean and lithe. The ritual which infuses the Dragonstone into his body causes several changes. Most notable are the markings that cover his body from head to waist. His head is shaved, revealing the markings there as well. Because the magical properties of the Dragonstone make him highly resistant to injury, Ral wears no armor. And like all of the men of his clan, he has an extreme tolerance for cold, and thus rarely wears more than hide boots and the traditional Kilt of his people. Across his back is a massive greatsword, and he carries all he owns in a small pack on his belt, preferring to live off the land when he can. But his most striking feature is his eyes. They are larger than a normal man’s and completely black. This gives him a menacing look, which, when combined with his naturally intense stare, causes people to be unnerved when talking to Ral.

Ral is very stoic and laconic, being a man of few words. He will often say nothing when confronted verbally, unless he is absolutely sure of what he wants to say. In spite of the power and burden of being a Dragon Warrior, Ral is actually quite personable when one takes the time to look past his appearance and reputation. Honorable to a fault, Ral will defend friends and those weaker than himself to any end. Like most Highland men, Ral is fond of strong drink, and can carouse with the best of them. In battle, he is completely fearless. He will readily attack any opponent with a berserker fury.

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Are we still on for 40K tonight?
SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN
Bumpy-Headed Alien

I there
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I may show up for a little bit, just to watch. I have last-minute preparations for Michele's arrival tomorrow.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, inked and colored, and redesigned the tattoos.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

We up for this weekend? If so, I thought maybe we could catch '300' before gaming. :biggrin:
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Cool. I'm up for both.
SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN
Bumpy-Headed Alien

HE A LIVE!!!!
me too
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, so pick me up at 11:00 at my house, Richard?
SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN
Bumpy-Headed Alien

ok
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Richard's D&D game tomorrow? I'll explain why I think we should do that one. :biggrin:
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Wow, that's awesome. I love the detail in that.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Kick Ass!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Dude that was hella cool. You should really consider doing something to really show case what you've been doing
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Skyman"]Dude that was hella cool. You should really consider doing something to really show case what you've been doing[/quote]

I have a Deviant Art page, and I offer commissioned drawings. This is John's character, by the way. If you can believe that. :biggrin:

Btw, John, what screen resolution do you use? I can make you a wallpaper.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Richard has to work Saturday morning again, so we should be there between 2:30 and 3:00.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, first off, John expressed needing to postpone until Sunday, due to his dad's birthday. I'm cool with that. Richard?

Second, 2 more drawings:

Dirk Ironblade, Paladin of Heironeous

Cameron, Ranger of the Wild

The last one to do is Pierre, the priest of Kord. But I have a question, John. Would you be willing to make the character female? I think that would be pretty cool. Plus, it would give me the opportunity to try my hand at drawing the female form, which I desperately need practice in. I was thinking something along the lines of Cory Everson:
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, John. You apparently didn't see the two questions aimed at you in that post...or maybe you just don't care enough to answer... :sad:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Ok, John. You apparently didn't see the two questions aimed at you in that post...or maybe you just don't care enough to answer... :sad:[/quote]

I say he's messing with you as a psychological test to see when you will break under the pressure of anticipation

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Images are blocked at work, so I couldn't really comment yet. The pics are cool, and If you want to do Pierre as a woman, go for it. I'm interested to see how it comes out!