I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Nuke an unborn gay whale... for Jesus!
mordraine

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Post by mordraine »

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Just laugh. Those fundy's are an embarrassment to the rest of Christianity.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Agreed. Also, thanks to your wife for posting that on facebook, so that I can share the wealth! :)
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

That was some well flung bullshit.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by JALU3 »

shake your head, let them go on, as they have the right to make a fool of themselves and move on. There were, and are still, those who said the same of the previous President. So this should come as no surprise to anyone. 300+ million people in this nation, statistics alone should tell you there are a seizable portion of the population that have loose screws on both sides of the political spectrum.
"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." -Sloan, Section Thirty-One
DeviantArt Our Myspace WoW AMV Playlist MAL Support US Servicemembers
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I contend we should confront them loudly. When you consider that the anti-christ is actually anything which acts in the opposite way Jesus would have acted, they are the anti-christ.

I have grown very tired of just ignoring them because just being civil when they aren't in the slightest.

When I see people preaching on the street corner, I have been meaning to hand them this:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen."
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by JALU3 »

Confront them if you want, but confront them civily. Remember the first amendment is not there to protect speech that you agree with...as much as you may disagree with what they are saying, they have the right to say it.

If you are to confront those who say that President Obama is the antichrist, will you do the same to those who contend that Former President Bush is the antichrist?

Now on a related note:
Why is one bad, and one good, as the name of the file shown contends? Both are of the same political office being mocked using the same fictional character. Either both are equally accepted political speech, or both are not.

As I had said, statistics alone say that there are nuts on either side of the political spectrum, and they will rant and rave as nuts do. Let them, it'll just show the rest of us how nutty they really are, and how the majority of us, on both sides of aforementioned spectrum, should continue to ignore them.
"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." -Sloan, Section Thirty-One
DeviantArt Our Myspace WoW AMV Playlist MAL Support US Servicemembers