Roommate?

Buy / Sell / Trade
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Roommate?

Post by Gotetsu »

Not sure where else to put this.

Lisa and I are breaking up. Anyone need a roommate, or know someone who does?
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Andok
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Andok »

I only know you from this board, but I can tell you’re a good guy. I wish I was in a situation where I could help.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. ~ Euripides
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Smartmonkey might, if he ever moves down here.

Sorry to hear it, man. Lemmie know if you wanna go grab a beer or kill some paper or something.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Digital Boy was going to get a roomate after he finished remodelling, but I bet you two would get on pretty well, so maybe he'd reconsider and take one before the remodel, but you'd have to live through the remodel. I'm not sure how often he checks these boards. Want me to ask him?
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Well, I'm just kinda putting feelers out right now. My move-out WILL happen. But it may not be until August.

It's complicated.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Dude, this sucks. We should get together.

As to roomates, have you asked Cthulu?

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Uhhh...he kinda already has one... :lol:
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Nevermind... this was a stupid post.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Nevermind... this was a stupid post.[/quote]
Yes, yes it was.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Me and Gotetsu in the same apartment would lead to some kind of strange, black matter implosion, or something. That, or I'd drive him batshit with smoking and loud music, and I'd flip out over him hogging the TV to watch Stargate Atlantis. It would not end well.

I'm sorry to hear things with Lisa didn't work out, man. Breakups are never, ever fun, period.

My recomendation? Go to a bar with some closeish friends, get ripped, and forget about the whole buisness for awhile. It's always worked for me.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Really sorry to hear that Tom. I feel for you my friend. :(
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

drag, man.

if i hear of anything, i'll let you know.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Me and Gotetsu in the same apartment would lead to some kind of strange, black matter implosion, or something. That, or I'd drive him batshit with smoking and loud music, and I'd flip out over him hogging the TV to watch Stargate Atlantis. It would not end well.

I'm sorry to hear things with Lisa didn't work out, man. Breakups are never, ever fun, period.

My recomendation? Go to a bar with some closeish friends, get ripped, and forget about the whole buisness for awhile. It's always worked for me.[/quote]

I doubt it would go down like that, considering I haven't watched ANY TV in months (we turned off the cable). So, the TV would probably be all you.

No, what would divide us would be your hippy-freak, uber-liberal, pothead ways. :lol: Of course I did live with Chris. And that was the same...without the pothead part. :wink:

And I'm a weepy drunk when I'm depressed. My friends would kill me just so they wouldn't have to listen to me whine about Lisa anymore. :lol:

And thanks to all of you who have expressed condolances. It hurts, but I'm still fighting to recover it. She means that much to me.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Of course it hurts. That'll stop sooner or later. In the meantime, I'd listen to you whine drunkenly if it'd make you feel better. Or make you some nice lasagne. Just let us know if you need anything.

[quote="Gotetsu"]

And thanks to all of you who have expressed condolances. It hurts, but I'm still fighting to recover it. She means that much to me.[/quote]

"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i always have an open ear too, if you ever want to whine some more over beer/lasagne. i can bring auxillary beer. let us know.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote="Neuro"]Of course it hurts. That'll stop sooner or later. In the meantime, I'd listen to you whine drunkenly if it'd make you feel better. Or make you some nice lasagne. Just let us know if you need anything.[/quote]

Tom. Take the lasgne.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

For anyone interested in knowing, I have a friend who letting me stay at their house for a month, maybe two. So, I will either be looking for an aprtment in July or August. Thans for all of your support. :)
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Gotetsu"]For anyone interested in knowing, I have a friend who letting me stay at their house for a month, maybe two. So, I will either be looking for an aprtment in July or August. Thans for all of your support. :)[/quote]

Good that you found a place. And who knows, maybe Lisa will come around again. Lots of relationships have really rocky patches. If they're worth it, then they're worth fighting to keep.

I'll also add my voice to those offering to be someone to console with. Let's go out for a beer or two sometime this week dude! Seriously.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Hey Tom I'm sorry to hear about your predicament my friend. Sorry I haven't responded in past 4 days...been away from the computer and all. I'll check around for room mates for you. Mostly with my poker group folks. Hey if you want to hang out and RPG a dungeon crawl for the Horde or something. Let me know... If you just need to talk or something I'm there too:wink:
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Gotetsu"]For anyone interested in knowing, I have a friend who letting me stay at their house for a month, maybe two. So, I will either be looking for an aprtment in July or August. Thans for all of your support. :)[/quote]

I was about to say I have a spare room if things get desperate.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'm glad to hear that you have something. I'm sorry I don't know anyone that needs a roommate right now, but I'll keep my ears open.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

For those of you who were following this drama, here's the latest:

Lisa is selling her house and moving back to upstate New York, where she is from. I'm happy for her, actually, and wish her nothing but good things. She has been wanting to go home for a long time.

As for me, as of yesterday, I found a roommate of sorts. Technically, I'm renting a room. It's just a couple of miles down the street from the apartment Blanch and I used to rent.

And on the relationship side, I'm doing ok. I have my days, but, as the members of FUBAR can attest to, I have a special "girlfriend" that lives out of state that occupies my mind most waking minutes. She and I dated in high school (20 years ago), and some of those old feelings have rekindled. Who knows? She could be my next ex-wife. :lol:
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Gotetsu"]For those of you who were following this drama, here's the latest:

Lisa is selling her house and moving back to upstate New York, where she is from. I'm happy for her, actually, and wish her nothing but good things. She has been wanting to go home for a long time.

As for me, as of yesterday, I found a roommate of sorts. Technically, I'm renting a room. It's just a couple of miles down the street from the apartment Blanch and I used to rent.

And on the relationship side, I'm doing ok. I have my days, but, as the members of FUBAR can attest to, I have a special "girlfriend" that lives out of state that occupies my mind most waking minutes. She and I dated in high school (20 years ago), and some of those old feelings have rekindled. Who knows? She could be my next ex-wife. :lol:[/quote]

High school... 20 years ago? How old are you anyway? :biggrin:

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I wish you the best
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Count Zero"]High school... 20 years ago? How old are you anyway? :biggrin:[/quote]
Old enough to know better and young enough to not care.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]

And on the relationship side, I'm doing ok. I have my days, but, as the members of FUBAR can attest to, I have a special "girlfriend" that lives out of state that occupies my mind most waking minutes. She and I dated in high school (20 years ago), and some of those old feelings have rekindled. Who knows? She could be my next ex-wife. :lol: [/quote]

[url=http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38767]She's not Canadian, is she?[/url]

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="smartmonkey"][url=http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38767]She's not Canadian, is she?[/url][/quote]
Nope. She's born and bred here in the USA, and I have tasted her sweetness as a youth, and long for more.

Yeah, that's me waxing romantical and whatnot.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Gotetsu"]I have tasted her sweetness as a youth, and long for more.[/quote]
Dear Penthouse Forum: I never thought it would happen to me....

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Well, Gotetsu, I'm happy to hear that you have a place. Does this mean that the People's Apartment is back in operation? Or are we still playing at Sony? ;)

You do realize, of course, that we, as you friends, have a moral obligation to pick on you about your "girlfriend," right?

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Well, Gotetsu, I'm happy to hear that you have a place. Does this mean that the People's Apartment is back in operation? Or are we still playing at Sony? ]

No. It's not an apartment. I'm just renting a room in a small duplex. So, Sony it still is. Besides, it's more fun when we can ridicule Sony's whiteboards. :biggrin:

[quote="BlanchPrez"]You do realize, of course, that we, as you friends, have a moral obligation to pick on you about your "girlfriend," right?[/quote][/quote]

Do as you must. Because I know the truth, and that truth shall set me free!