Munchkins Gone Wild!

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

From the WOTC boards. I thought it was pretty funny.

[quote]Stop me if I'm wrong.

Half ogre: Large size, +6 strength, -2 int, -2 chr, +1 LA

5 levels of barbarian: +5 bab, 2 feats, rage (+4 strength) twice a day

Warhulk: Prereqs BAB 5, large size, power attack. Benefits: 10 levels gives +20 strength, boulder throwing (strength instead of dex to hit, damage 2d8, hit 4 targets with a single throw).

Hulking hurler: Prereqs BAB 5, large size, 3 level PRC. Benefits: 2 levels gives: Really throw anything (chuck anything up to a light load). Super really throw anything (chuck anything up to a medium load and two size categories above you).

So - we have an 18th level character. His strength is (assuming an 18 to start) 24+4(levels)+4(rage)+20(war hulk) = 52. We can get to 62 with magical items with relative ease.

This makes his medium load 346 (medium load for a strength 22 character) x 256 (4 x 4 x 4 x 4 - +40 strength from the encumberance rules on extending the table) x 3 (because he's large) = 265728.

The end of complete warrior says that a thrown weapon does 5d6 damage for a 400 pound object, plus another 1d6 for every 200 pounds beyond that.

(265728-400)/200 x 1d6 + 5d6 = 1331d6 damage. Plus strength bonus (+39).

An average of about 4697 damage a hit.

Hmm.

Lead weighs in at 712 pounds per cubic foot, so we need 373 cubic feet of lead to throw. As a sphere, that has a diameter of 8.932771693 feet. Which probably falls within the large to colossal size range that our buddy can throw.

And if we buy it as lead sling bullets, it comes in at 1 silver for 5 pounds of lead, making our lead ball cost 5315 (rounded up) gold.

So if 4 targets line up in a row...

Splat.

Splat.

Splat.

Splat.

Painful.

I think that makes 18788 points of damage in blocks of 4697 damage. At that point, who cares about damage resistance![/quote]

I'd never use this stuff in a game, but it's always funny to hear about. Anyone know any other massive game exploits like this?

No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Don't mess with Ogre's and Half Ogre's playing dodge ball with a boulder
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

Well WOTC has to keep printing new material for the ravenous hordes. Too bad QA seems to be absent in these books.

Daniel
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Goddamn, that makes Smartmonkey's monk look like . . . nuthin'.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
plaidrhino
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by plaidrhino »

[quote="Wintermute"]Goddamn, that makes Smartmonkey's monk look like . . . nuthin'.[/quote]

Well...his monk always seems to get hosed so maybe he is nuthin'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything...... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Foxbat"]Well WOTC has to keep printing new material for the ravenous hordes. Too bad QA seems to be absent in these books.

Daniel[/quote]

Yeah, this seems to happen with lots of games, but I agree. Personally, I think they got the level adjustment on Half-Ogre's wrong anyway, but that wouldn't solve this issue.

Chris

Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

That's what I'd like to play for the WLD. I really like the character concept.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Never seen anything like this for d20, but I have seen some really rude Exalted Charm combos that got dice pools in the 100s.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

How the hell would a Half-Ogre happen anyway? The male ogre genitalia would split a human woman like wet pine. And there are no beer goggles big enough to make a she-ogre doable. Not even an ogre-magi.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Jake"]Hoe the hell would a Half-Ogre happen anyway? The male ogre genitalia would split a human woman like wet pine. And there are no beer goggles big enough to make a she-ogre doable. Not even an ogre-magi.[/quote]

Like all thing in D&D the answer is simple. A wizard did it.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

This is why we have a Book of Erotic Fantasy
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="Jake"]How the hell would a Half-Ogre happen anyway? The male ogre genitalia would split a human woman like wet pine. And there are no beer goggles big enough to make a she-ogre doable. Not even an ogre-magi.[/quote]

Now, now....some guys like "big" women and aren't put off by a few blemishes. Come on, admit it, you've had secret fantasies about Klingon women! :?

A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner