CoC Halloween thing

All kinds of spooky goodness. A forum for the discussion of horror RPGs.
Skyman
Proud Regent

CoC Halloween thing

Post by Skyman »

I'm planning on runnining a one shot of CoC on the 18th to celebrate Halloween. I got two scenarios I want to do. Let me know if your interested
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I am.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I will re-affirm my prior indication that I'm in.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I'll be out near Superstition, but you are of course welcome to come out and run the game 'round the campfire. Failing that, I'm jealous and hope you guys have a blast! Skyman run Halloween games are the best!
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

So the two scenario's are:
1)For Halloween, Neil Marlow bought a mask for his pug dog, Moochie, from a thrift bazaar held at St. Michael’s Church. Unknown to Neil, and anyone at the bazaar, was the unique nature of the mask.

2)Players go to a Halloween party at an occidental learning annex for a night of fun and cultural exchange. A Japanese professor thinks it would be a fun learning experience to bring a holiday from the west to the land of the rising sun. Unfortunately it is Halloween…and everyone gets more than they bargain for.

Just remember, in Japan, losing face is by far the worst thing that can happen… more than death itself.

I'll post the pre-gen characters soon
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

aw man! i wish i could go! skyman, you might wanna pimp this in the one-shots forum.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Here is the characters for the Secrets of Japan CoC:

Haruta Ochi

You’re a salaryman about to make it into the big league and in two months you’re gonna be shipped off to the Yotsubishi manufacturing plant in Chula Vista, CA, USA. Unfortunately, you haven’t used a lick of the English since they taught you in school, 8 years ago, and you gotta learn Spanish to boot. You will do your best. Your family counts on it. Your wife Mieko thinks you’re in over your head. Your adoring 5 year old son, Naoki, thinks you walk on water. Your Nobel prize nominated scientist/doctor father, Kengo, wanted you to be a Doctor and is just happy you’re employed after coming to the reality to your academic limits. So spending your few hours of free time at the community college getting your English up to par sounds great

Junko ‘The Bitch of Castration-ville” Ueo

So this is that part where I tell you a little bit about myself. *Displays middle finger* Fuck you! I said Fuck You! Yeah I’m taking over the world with my folk/punk/death metal sensibilities. Yeah that’s right and if your mouth drops any lower I’m going to stick my tampon in there because I don’t want to clog the damn toilet…really!!! YOU ARE MY WALKING SHIT CAN!!!
(So yeah she teaches English and Japanese for her day job)

Nobuto Masahiro

Hi I’m Nobuto and I love ghost stories. It’s like my life. I watch a lot of horror flicks and crazy anime. If you go to MySpace page you’ll see my count down to viewing the RING is at 788. If you stick around it’ll be 789. I also teach here at the Annex. I think it will be important for you to learn Japanese to get the full grasp of the Japanese cinema. BTW the MySpace picture of me with the gun, scarf and hat. That’s not me. I just think it’s cool.

Patty Hopper

So I’m actually a student here. I come from Scranton, Pennsylvania. You know that place Biden said sucked. My grandfather was stationed in Japan after the war and brought back my mother who was just an infant at the time. Don’t know much about my Grandma except she was a nut case. So this is like my year of exploring my history before I was born. Just like that guy who wrote Roots. I might write about it some day

Ken ‘The Alien’Doi

You are an intelligent and shinning star in Izu prefecture. Your only 26 and you hold two PhD in English literature and Bio-pharmacology. The choices you have made in your life have been with your own free will and without regard for your family name because growing up you was a foster child in several homes. It was hard placing you in homes because the foster parents never could measure up to your growing intellect and you would find them…how do we say…inferior. You’re a bit aloof and socially quirky because of your detachment from others as a result. You’ve discovered a path to your connection with humanity and it is at the Annex. You do part-time teaching at the Annex and live there because it is fiscally sensible (you say). In reality you teach at Tokyo University as a fellow post doc and some have wondered what you would be keeping you in Izu.

Genki Yawara

You wanted to become a baseball player but your family has decided otherwise. Your college entrance exams were only passing. You father Gentaro wanted to ship you off to a College in America to make it sound like you were going some where of significance but that turned out to be too expensive. Shame is in your family past and your are bringing up those old issues with you sub par excellence. You find yourself at the Annex seeking the advice of the only teacher who seems to understands, Professor Fumio Shimano.