SAG strike

Nuke an unborn gay whale... for Jesus!
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

SAG strike

Post by Drew »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080701/ap_ ... wood_labor

Gotta love it when people who have it better than pretty much everyone on the planet want more. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big supporter of organized labor and it outrages me when a company puts profits before people, but come on, really, how much more do some of these people need?
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Drew"][url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080701/ap_on_en_mo/hollywood_labor[/url]

Gotta love it when people who have it better than [b]pretty much everyone on the planet [/b]want more. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big supporter of organized labor and it outrages me when a company puts profits before people, but come on, really, how much more do some of these people need?[/quote]

Keep in mind that the vast majority of actors are paid dirt. Sure, some people can pull in a few million for a job, but most are lucky they can pay their bills.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Drew »

[quote="Count Zero"]Keep in mind that the vast majority of actors are paid dirt. Sure, some people can pull in a few million for a job, but most are lucky they can pay their bills.[/quote]

I know, I know, but when they quote people like Tom Hanks, I find my sympathy level dropping dramatically. If the multi-million dollar earning per film actors, producers, directors, etc. really cared about these dirt poor actors, they sure could afford to do something about it themselves. Maybe instead of shelling out 10 million for one actor, they could easily pay 100 actors $100,000.

In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.