Who do you blame?

Completely off-topic.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Who do you blame?

Post by Skyman »

Yes it's that time again folks. The blame game starts. It doesn't matter if it really is connected to the source but you gotta blame someone or something...

The gas price is high and Morgan is 24, who's DAMN fault is it?!
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Drew »

[quote="Skyman"]Yes it's that time again folks. The blame game starts. It doesn't matter if it really is connected to the source but you gotta blame someone or something...

The gas price is high and Morgan is 24, who's DAMN fault is it?![/quote]

well, I place the blame on high gas prices squarely where it belongs: with the damn conservationist liberals in their fuel efficent cars! I mean, if we all drove obscenly large vehicles at unsafe speeds, the price of gas would be quite low! I mean, it is supply and demand right? If the demand is low, then the refineries won't produce as much gas so the price is higher... at least that is what I learned on fox news one day. :)

In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I was just going to post some comment about everyone going out to buy huge Hummers to get the price of gas back down, but then I just found this interesting article from Slate, written a few years back, about SUVs:

SUVs too big for many residential streets in CA
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Drew

Post by Drew »

[quote="mordraine"]I was just going to post some comment about everyone going out to buy huge Hummers to get the price of gas back down, but then I just found this interesting article from Slate, written a few years back, about SUVs:

[url=http://www.slate.com/id/2104755/]SUVs too big for many residential streets in CA[/url][/quote]

Loved how people were all too happy to spend more to get the tax break because at a certain weight, it counts more as a commercial vehicle but refused to acknowledge that the vehicle they drive isn't suitable for residential streets. Ahh, the hypocracy of right wing politics...

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I blame consumers and Morgan's parents.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Dragonkin

Post by Dragonkin »

I actually saw a report on gas prices on the news last week. It places the blame squarely on the refineries. It would seem that crude is at it's lowest price in months, but the refiners are taking adventage of the already inflated prices. Once again, profit and the anal rape of the American consumer takes precedence.

As to Morgan . . . yeah, the whole parental unit thing works for me.

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
Drew

Post by Drew »

Well, we do have the lowest gas prices pretty much in the entire [first] world. Of course, we also have the worst public transportation.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

The gas prices in Yuma (which is smack dab in the middle of nowhere, on the border of AZ and CA) was something like 50 cents cheaper per gallon than in San Diego (noticed this over the weekend during my spring training trip). I wish someone would explain that logically to me.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mordraine"]I wish someone would explain that logically to me.[/quote]
[img]http://www.jir.com/graph_contest/OneGraph.jpg[/img]

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

That proves it I blame John Denver and his Rocky Mountain High
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Wow. I guess my dad is one of the Boys from Brazil, or something.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="mordraine"]The gas prices in Yuma (which is smack dab in the middle of nowhere, on the border of AZ and CA) was something like 50 cents cheaper per gallon than in San Diego (noticed this over the weekend during my spring training trip). I wish someone would explain that logically to me.[/quote]

Probably it has nothing to do with production costs and similar sorts of excuses, it is simply what the market will accept. They raise them just enough so we don't notice. I remember in 1992 when gas was $0.98 a gallon. That is a hell of a price increase over 15 years. Name one product that has doubled in cost every 5 years. I can't really think of a single one.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Shin Kenshiro
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by Shin Kenshiro »

[quote="Count Zero"]Name one product that has doubled in cost every 5 years[/quote]

Healthcare? :smile:

Still, you think that's bad? It's 2.80 a gallon here in Florida...but we also make 1/2 the amount of money that most people in California do. Imagine the joys of a product that is rocketing up in price while your paycheck is shrinking.

To know me is to fear me, to fear me is to be human