My Birthday Gift

Completely off-topic.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

My Birthday Gift

Post by BlanchPrez »

I don't think I ever told anyone here what my wife got me for my birthday.

Ray Bradbury!

:mrgreen:

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

sweet! You really need to get into writting and getting your stuff published Blanche
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Um... she gave you a seminar for Real Estate and Wealth? Seriously?

edit: nevermind... I see that it's a writing seminar with Ray Bradbury. It's just that the Learning Annex has a fucked up website.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mordraine"]Um... she gave you a seminar for Real Estate and Wealth? Seriously?

edit: nevermind... I see that it's a writing seminar with Ray Bradbury. It's just that the Learning Annex has a fucked up website.[/quote]
i made the same misinterpretation. which made skyman's post all the more confounding.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"]Um... she gave you a seminar for Real Estate and Wealth? Seriously?

edit: nevermind... I see that it's a writing seminar with Ray Bradbury. It's just that the Learning Annex has a fucked up website.[/quote]

Damn, I didn't realize it was going to do that. Damn that Learning Annex!

Chris

Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

That's awesome. Ray Bradbury is the best. Congrats, and happy birthday!
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

His book on writing is well worth picking up, if you ever get the chance.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="smartmonkey"]His book on writing is well worth picking up, if you ever get the chance.[/quote]
Definitely. His "Zen and the Art of Writing" and Pressfield's "The War of Art" were what got me off my ass and writing in the first place. Bradbury's an inspiration.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Drew »

best gift my GF ever got me was a trip to Disneyland in Tokyo... and shrooms. See, shrooms were actually legal in Japan and easy to get just about anywhere (well, in Tokyo). Illegal now, but not then!

Swear to god, after going on the Pirates of Carribean ride, I was sure everyone around me was anotromic!

Though a writing seminar with Mr. Bradbury ain't a bad second ;)
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Drew"]Swear to god, after going on the Pirates of Carribean ride, I was sure everyone around me was anotromic![/quote]how do you know we're not?
Drew

Post by Drew »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]how do you know we're not?[/quote]

To paraphrase the Bard... that's the original bard, Shakespeare: if I cut you, I bet you'll bleed. :)

In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="Drew"]To paraphrase the Bard... that's the original bard, Shakespeare: if I cut you, I bet you'll bleed. :)[/quote]

all the good robots do...

A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
Dragonkin

Post by Dragonkin »

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto. I (unfortunately) have not read any of Mr. Bradbury's work. Ray Bradbury Theatre, however, was one of my favorite shows growing up. Also, the film version of Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="Dragonkin"]Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto. I (unfortunately) have not read any of Mr. Bradbury's work. [i]Ray Bradbury Theatre[/i], however, was one of my favorite shows growing up. Also, the film version of [i]Something Wicked This Way Comes.[/i][/quote]

Go directly to a store and by a copy of Wicked...I read it as a kid when it was first published and got to points that I was almost afraid to turn the next page. The description at the beginning as the clouds came down from the sky and became tents is still as strong in my head today as it was back then.... The movie was a dim reflection of that novel (and I'm the type that doesn't compare movies to their written begginnings). If you get that book and read it, you will thank me!

A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner