The Good Ol' Days

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

The Good Ol' Days

Post by Count Zero »

Since some people showed some interest. I thought I would see if I could get people to commit. I will run that campaign concept of the retired adventurers. I would like to use The Burning Wheel as the system. It is a fun system and I will be more than happy to teach it to people.

The fun aspect is I want to have part of the character creation session be also generating the world. The setting will be generated by the group and each player will get a collection of tokens they will use to choose basic setting concepts for things like local industry, religion, and similar things. If a player doesn't like one of thier ideas they can counter it with one of their tokens.

The themes I was looking at exploring for the game would be things like Duty, Family & Marriage, Revenge, Loyalty, Friendship, Faith, and Growing Old.

If you are interested let me know. Burning Wheel isn't really designed with lots of players in mind so I was looking at 3-4 players, 5 is the most it could handle.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

So no one is interested? Is it the system that I want to use, the concept, the themes or something else?
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

Sounds great to me, the commute would be a bitch though.
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

When and where would the playing take place (I figure I can add alot about the growing old part)?
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I think it sounds fuckin' awesome, but I've got NO time left lately. Also, I'm about to flunk a midterm. So I need to spend the next several weeks arranging to ace the final. Otherwise, I'd be all over this. I think it's supercool.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson