ptolus 10.15.06

Morning after pill support group
jimmy corrigan

ptolus 10.15.06

Post by jimmy corrigan »

noice! the plot thickens.

who's the father of fawn's unborn child and is she indeed abducted?
will this methel watcher finally show his shadowy face?
what does next session hold for our stalwart heroes?
tune in next session. same wererat time. same wererat channel.[/nasally 30's radio narrator voice]

mord, i just got to say: i love your npc voices. serious.

"who is it? what do you want?.. toridan?.. okay, i'll go see if he's in."
*clomp* *clomp* *clomp* *clomp* [size=0]*clomp* *muffled voices* *clomp*[/size] *clomp* *clomp* *clomp* *clomp*
"alright you can come in."
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Glad you had fun. As usual, I'm surprised that everything went off so well, considering it's all pretty much improv. You guys definitely keep me on my toes.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Just a quick note. I'm getting a bit tired of the Faun story line. About the only interest I had in it was that I would be able to infultrate Torridan's gang and his gang is in pieces.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="cczernia"]Just a quick note. I'm getting a bit tired of the Faun story line. About the only interest I had in it was that I would be able to infultrate Torridan's gang and his gang is in pieces.[/quote]

I have to agree. I don't know if my character would follow up on it since all it seems is a girl running off with her lover. That isn't really the realm of the watch.

On top of that, we have no leads to go on even if I did suspect something more sinister.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

In fairness, we didn't really do a whole lot with the actual Fawn storyline until the end. Most of the story involved infiltrating and busting Toridan, then retrieving the sword.

Sure, all of that was an offshoot of the Fawn situation. But the story is going where you guys are taking it, really. I don't know if you've noticed, but I haven't had a whole lot of control over you guys's actions! I had to freaking concoct a fence encounter in the Guildsman's District for crineoutloud! And now Darl Gunthor is a contact for Thox.

PS - the dead end with Methel Watcher? That's on purpose. And that's all I'll say on that.

PPS - one of the reasons I ended where we did on Sunday (besides the fact that it was 10pm already) was because I didn't want to beat the Methel Watcher/Fawn thing into the ground. There are a lot of other things going on that we can explore, and I intend to get there.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]
PPS - one of the reasons I ended where we did on Sunday (besides the fact that it was 10pm already) was because I didn't want to beat the Methel Watcher/Fawn thing into the ground. There are a lot of other things going on that we can explore, and I intend to get there.[/quote]

If that is the case are we leaving it one of those unsolved mysteries. Because we could then blue book a few days/weeks/months.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

We can leave it an unsolved mystery if you want to. Although I have a feeling the storyline will appear again anyway. I can't say more without giving it away. But it'll be important to more than just Moze's family affairs.

I didn't want to blue book things yet, cuz there are things set up that need to be resolved first, and things seem to be flowing (at least I thought they were?).
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]
I didn't want to blue book things yet, cuz there are things set up that need to be resolved first, and things seem to be flowing (at least I thought they were?).[/quote]

Well, I don't know what continuing action is set up. We are at a dead end with Fawn. Toridan and his gang have moved. We got the sword back. What else is there other than are usual character background stuff?

Unless you have something major planned that drags into the action because I think most of us were at a loss as to what to do at the end of Sunday nights game.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]Unless you have something major planned that drags into the action because I think most of us were at a loss as to what to do at the end of Sunday nights game.[/quote]

Exactly, which is why I decided to stop where we were. It was a good stopping point.

There are other plot things I wanted to explore that were set up in previous sessions, things unrelated to Fawn. Thox and his Republicanism, you and your hot-headed brother. Those two come to mind right off the top of my head. Plus, consequences from actions last session, of which there will be many.

Hey, are you just trying to figure out an easy way to get to third level?! Why I oughtta...!

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]
There are other plot things I wanted to explore that were set up in previous sessions, things unrelated to Fawn. Thox and his Republicanism, you and your hot-headed brother. Those two come to mind right off the top of my head. Plus, consequences from actions last session, of which there will be many.

Hey, are you just trying to figure out an easy way to get to third level?! Why I oughtta...![/quote]

Ok, cool.

And no, I don't mind if you send us up a level.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]Ok, cool. [/quote]

It'll take a while for me to gain your trust as GM (and that damn GM screen I always use is a barrier to that trust!! (inside joke)) but hopefully you'll eventually trust my instincts. Either that or if I don't we stop, cuz it'll not be fun at that point!

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

curse that infernal trust-inhibiting cardboard screen. can't you see that it's driving a wedge between you and me?
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]It'll take a while for me to gain your trust as GM (and that damn GM screen I always use is a barrier to that trust!! (inside joke)) but hopefully you'll eventually trust my instincts. Either that or if I don't we stop, cuz it'll not be fun at that point![/quote]

No, you have my trust as a GM. I was just letting you know that I was getting bored with the current storyline. Best let you know that then not and have as play out the story for more sessions until I have no faith in the game.

I was also looking for an opportunity to do some blue booking because I thought it would be fun.

I very interested in the other storylines especially if they deal with out backgrounds.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Okidoke. It's always good to get input, so thanks.