Heroes in the Gas Light: New game in central SD

Seeking players or a GM?
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Heroes in the Gas Light: New game in central SD

Post by Drew »

My current gaming group is looking for a few new players and beginning a new game soon.

System: Heroes Unlimited (and other Palladium games)

Setting: Dark superheroes in Victorian London

When: Saturday afternoons usually from 2-8. We’ll meet sporadically until December. First session will be 10/14. Second might be 10/21 then off until 11/18. Starting Dec. 2 we will be meeting regularly (except for the two weeks around Xmas).

Where: First meeting will be at my place in North Park. Email me for directions if you’d like to go. Miasmata13 [at] yahoo.com

Introduction:

“A messenger boy approaches you and asks your name. When you answer, he hands you an envelope sealed in red wax and runs off into the crowds. The seal is of some strange symbol you have never seen before. The letter inside is written in a spidery scrawl:

December 10, 1872

My dear friend,

Have you ever watched the shadows dance in the gas light? They way they flicker? It’s like the souls of the dead writhing out there, just beyond your light. Should it ever falter, they will overwhelm you. Devour you. Make you one of them. No wonder others are afraid of the dark.

But that’s not why you are afraid of the dark. You’re afraid because you know those things that others only imagine hiding in the shadows are real. They don’t stay in the shadows. And they are after you. I know all this. I also know about your special abilities. And I know so much more about who you are than even you do.
Meet me at the Bluegate Common House, near the East London Docks just after sunset. Come prepared for there will be great darkness and pain. Oh, yes, there will be pain.

Respectfully,
LB”
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Hey Drew,
Sorry about missing you at the Otherside last month...completely forgot, as in major brain fart.
Nice intro
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Drew"]My current gaming group is looking for a few new players and beginning a new game soon.

System: Heroes Unlimited (and other Palladium games)

Setting: Dark superheroes in Victorian London[/quote]

This is frickin' rad. If I were in San Diego, I'd definitely play. Unfortunately for me, I'm not.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mongo

Heroes in the Gaslight.

Post by mongo »

I know the GURPS system fairly well, but not Palladium. How much "Instruction/hand holding" are you willing to do? I have been trying to find a GURPS group, but at this point I'll play almost anything.

How hard is character creation?

What are some gudelines I should follow for a character concept?

What do you reccomend/prohibit as far as the game setting dictates for "Good/Useful" / "Bad/Useless" character abilities?

How should I meet you, to throw character ideas at you?

From Mad Douglas (Mongo)
Pain is temporary, Pride is forever.