The Great Dragon War, Turn F

A forum to build worlds yo...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Here it is, Turn F!

Let's get those F entries in! Deadline for this will be Next Monday, July 19.

There are still phantom enteries available, if anyone wants them.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Fendakir, the White Dragon

One of the great ancient dragons during the Dragon Wars that ruled the western plains of the Grand Dulce to the Great Falls of Inna Cul Calla. During the 402 year rise of Fendakir power in the area many fell to her will.
Captured the 3 Kingdoms: Loc Dorrum(Predominantly Human, held for 287 years), Illiyon(Elven and Halfing, held for 120 years off and on) and The Grand Dulce(Held for 57 years).
Destroyed 5 Kingdoms and great cities along the western plains area: Teneyut, the Great Stables(fallen the year 798), City of Cupoy(fallen the year 1049), Kingdom of Halmiss(fallen the years 1003 & again 1239), The Great Ivor Palace(fallen the year 1109), and City of Fumora Azure(fallen the year 1050).
She is considered the Great God of Wisdom to the Human and Orc beast riders of the west plains called the Yalwar. Spiritual fertility icon of the Winter Wind Temple Monks of the Great Falls of Inna Cul Calla.
Fendakir was killed during the defense of the Kingdom of the Grand Dulce from an outside army from the east that was lead by the young elf prince Jol-hadden of Torkkaren. Fendakir destroyed more than half of the army in the first day and used Jol-haddens own lance in personal combat on the second day to skewer him through the lower abdomen with the tip exiting his mouth. As all seemed grim for the army, a youthful looking priest challenged Fendakir to individual combat as he was about to devour Jol-haddens gurggling and twitching body. As reports state the priest was a diabolist named Zarkunan and was seemingly armed with only a great ax that sheared the wings off of Fendakir when thrown. Zarkunan was mysteriously shielded from blows from a fiery maelstorm that engulfed his body. Fendakir was slowly mutilated and skinned to death in the day long combat and the bodies of the dead soldiers rose on the battle field as her life expired. To this day the area is said to be cursed with the undead as a result.

Primus Golgris Halihex- The Monstrous Bestiary Lore

See also Zarkunan
See also Diabolist
See also Yalwar
See also Winter Wind Temple Monks
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Liked the mention of the kingdoms, Skyman. I'm kind of holding off on my geography thread because intrest in this project has tapered off so much, but those are good allmost-citations. If the same guys keep posting entries throughout "F" I'll do the thread, with your kingdom info.
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Freelands, The

The Freelands began its' existence prior to the First Tribute War as an alliance between scattered communities and tribes of Lost Elves, wandering men, and the Galtan-Mar(mysterious half-men, half-dwarves of which little is known). Red Dragons had attacked settlements of all 3 factions for many years, and the wandering men sent emissaries to the half-dwarves and Lost Elves. After a short time all 3 factions agreed to band together for mutual defense.

Many minor battles were fought between the fledgeling coalition and the dragons who began using orcs as shock troops. Atrocities comitted on non combatants by the Wyrms and orcs drew the attention of the Church of Yorth, who sent its' Knights and Healers to aid the coalition. Some time around 1090 Church sages introduced the mysterious Amethyst. This magical substance was given to the Church Knights, the stalwart Galtan-Mar, and the men of the coalition. Amethyst made a single warrior fight with the stength of 10 and the Dragons with their lackeys were defeated for the time being.

It is after this time that The Freelands Accords were signed. This created a loose federation bound by common laws which ensured protection and basic rights to all who dwelt within the boundaries of the Freelands. The population swelled as beings seeking freedom came to live under the Freelands flag. Even a clan of Tall Elves came to dwell there and establish a stronghold near Degen Harbor. A mighty nation was born.

The Dragon Wars raged for over a hundred years before Tentar the Just, Monarch of the Freelands ordered the combined armies to attack Dragon strongholds. This resulted in swift and brutal retribution from the Dragons. The half-dwarves threw everything they had at the evil armies and as a result were almost completely made extinct. Several campaigns were mounted against Freeland territories and all were eventually repulsed. The Freelands survived the ravages of the war however, and to this day are a refuge for those seeking peace.

See also:
Amethyst
Lost Elves
Galtan-Mar
Tentar the Just

Mentat-Majoris Xalthon Hex, Steward of the Crystal Scrolls

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"]Liked the mention of the kingdoms, Skyman. I'm kind of holding off on my geography thread because intrest in this project has tapered off so much, but those are good allmost-citations. If the same guys keep posting entries throughout "F" I'll do the thread, with your kingdom info.[/quote]

I hear ya. I like the creative aspects of this whole thing. I think the people that are still involved seemed truly invested. I've noticed the quality of the recent posts to be really good and have compelling arcs. So keep them comming...

Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Fox Mark

During the Great Dragon War, deserters were common throughout almost all of the great armies. Turned away wherever they went, the life of a deserter was really nothing more than a prolongued version of the death they were so afraid of. Depending on the nation a deserter faced conscription, slavery, or death.

An expert Markcrafter of the 7th circle came up with an alternative solution. He created a new curse, similar to the Unforgiven Mark, which could be used on deserters. A silver fox, branded into the left cheek of the victim, would mark all who were victims to this curse.

Anyone branded with the Fox Mark vanished from the memory of all who had known them before, and forgot their own name. They were inducted into the Legion of the Fox, and compelled to follow the order of their commander, whoever that may be. In exchange for their sacrifice, they gained magically heightened senses and strength.

There are rumors that the Fox Mark was occasionaly used as a part of Daemonic Binding ceremonies. Such an act would allow a summoner to bind an incredibly influential and powerful demon without anyone coming looking for him, which may have resulted in some of the more powerful weapons forged in this manner.

--Ferim Nahash, Servant of the Balance

See Also: Binding, Daemonic
See Also: Legion of the Fox
See Also: Markcrafter
See Also: Unforgiven Mark
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Really been enjoying alot of the recent entries, they make for great reading. Love seeing how everyone works off each others entries, though at this rate we're gonna end up writing several entries each for some of the later letters ;p
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Fort Dassaro
Before the Dragon Wars, Fort Dassaro was a dwarven garrison maintained to watch the Dassaro Pass, the only passage through the mountains large enough for trade. It also served as a safe haven for the rare dwarven trader leaving or entering the dwarven cities. When the Dragon wars began, Dassaro Pass quickly became strategically important to many of the warring kingdoms. The dwarven king Forn Stonehammer kept to his isolationist beliefs until attacked by forces under the banner of the dragon Yullshan. The fort would have been lost if not for a human army traveling the pass at the same time. The bravery of Yoseph Alluris's forces inspired the dwarves to join the war, and at it's end, give up their isolationism.

In modern times, Fort Dassaro is not only a fort but a dwarven trade city. It is the only surface city the dwarves maintain. The fantastic wealth of the dwarves is apparent here with their amazing stone and metalwork. The fort itself has become a museum of Dragon War military history. Included in the fort is Yoseph Alluris's golden sword Lightbringer and a dwarven Warforge, where the titanic dwarven war-machines were built.

-from The Dwarven Emergence, by Brumir Ironring

Also see:
Alluris, Yoseph,
Lightbringer,
Warforge,
Yullshan
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Infernus"]Really been enjoying alot of the recent entries, they make for great reading. Love seeing how everyone works off each others entries, though at this rate we're gonna end up writing several entries each for some of the later letters ]

Yeah, I like that too. It's been lots of fun. :)

And I don't mind doing multiple enteries, really.

Chris
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

When do we start with multiple enties? I'm all for it.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Fever Bark

First discovered by Dopho Craddle, the substance known as Fever Bark is the actual bark from the Lindar Bush, which is most noted for it’s flavorful berries. During the winter, when a Lindar bush is not producing berries, and goes into its hibernation mode, is when Fever Bark can be harvested. The unique properties of the Fever Bark makes it sought after by alchemists and assassins the world over. The bark produces a mild poison, that, when ingested, produces symptoms similar to Goblin Flu. This is especially true when the bark is brewed into a tea. While the symptoms are not fatal in and of themselves, it is not unheard of for Goblin Flu suffers to die of the disease, and many assassins will add additional poisons that will be masked by the Fever Bark. Alchemists are interested in another, but similar, use for the bark. During the Great Dragon Wars, it was discovered that the dragons themselves were subject to the Fever Bark, though they quickly recovered from the poison. While it took a large amount of bark to affect a full-grown dragon, it did slow the dragon down, and many of the creatures were brought low do be first being weekend by the bark.

- Kharm, personal historian to the High Prelate

- See also: Dopho Craddle; Goblin Flu; Lindar Bush
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Wow we did those entries fairly quick. We only have to wait for Jake of the 3rd circle to entry and then we will complete from all the consistent authors at this point.

As for multiple entries I wouldn't mind. I have already made multiple entries in the past. On a side note. I've lately been trying to fill up the letters that have little to no citations.
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

Hey, I think I'm going to have to be a little late with my F. I've had one of those weeks followed by one of those weekends. You guys should go on to the G and I'll post my real soon.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Cool deal, I'll leave F open for you, Jake, and make the new G thread.

Chris
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

Firedrake: A curious creature that is believed to have been the product of a most absurd attempt by gnomish mystics to crossbreed a duck with a dragon. The end result was the firedrake. Five feet in length less its two feet of tail feathers, the firedrake has a very broad head and shovel-like beak at the end of a bottle shaped body that ends in a long fanlike tail. The bird is solid in color covered in bright orange feathers from head to tail with matching beak and webbed feet.

Despite its name and reputation the firedrake is relatively harmless to any who would come upon it in the wild. The belches of flame it produces seem to be random and fairly small. The real dangers they pose are from forest fires and crop loss.

Though their eggs are considered a delicacy throughout Necti, they are not the reason so many firedrakes were kept during the Great Dragon War. It was their fireproof feathers that were of real value. Inconveniently, only the fully aged and molted feathers of the firedrake retain their resilience indefinitely. This led to many a fire, some said to be at fault even in the burning of entire castle wings. Avoiding fires entirely was difficult considering it would take an entire year to collect enough feathers to fashion a garish full-length cloak. The first of which were constructed based on drawings from the Codex of Mountain Warfare.

These cloaks were highly valued by the more fleet-footed warriors of the Dragon War age over the heavier and more cumbersome qi’fuentar, language ancienta for dragonscale armor; it also avoided any misgivings about wearing the skin of a sentient being. Most were used by Veiled Dancers who developed an entire martial art based around the use of the cloak to disguise their movements and defect blows.

-Father Xerxes, Master of the Great Library

See also: Codex of Mountain Warfare
See also: Qi’fuentar
See also: Veiled Dancers
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

nice
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, so that gives us Jake's, I will go ahead and lock this thread now.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

The Great Dragon War, Turn F

Post by BlanchPrez »

Here's all the F entries.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Fever Bark

First discovered by Dopho Craddle, the substance known as Fever Bark is the actual bark from the Lindar Bush, which is most noted for it’s flavorful berries. During the winter, when a Lindar bush is not producing berries, and goes into its hibernation mode, is when Fever Bark can be harvested. The unique properties of the Fever Bark makes it sought after by alchemists and assassins the world over. The bark produces a mild poison, that, when ingested, produces symptoms similar to Goblin Flu. This is especially true when the bark is brewed into a tea. While the symptoms are not fatal in and of themselves, it is not unheard of for Goblin Flu suffers to die of the disease, and many assassins will add additional poisons that will be masked by the Fever Bark. Alchemists are interested in another, but similar, use for the bark. During the Great Dragon Wars, it was discovered that the dragons themselves were subject to the Fever Bark, though they quickly recovered from the poison. While it took a large amount of bark to affect a full-grown dragon, it did slow the dragon down, and many of the creatures were brought low do be first being weekend by the bark.

- Kharm, personal historian to the High Prelate

- See also: Dopho Craddle; Goblin Flu; Lindar Bush
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Fendakir, the White Dragon

One of the great ancient dragons during the Dragon Wars that ruled the western plains of the Grand Dulce to the Great Falls of Inna Cul Calla. During the 402 year rise of Fendakir power in the area many fell to her will.
Captured the 3 Kingdoms: Loc Dorrum(Predominantly Human, held for 287 years), Illiyon(Elven and Halfing, held for 120 years off and on) and The Grand Dulce(Held for 57 years).
Destroyed 5 Kingdoms and great cities along the western plains area: Teneyut, the Great Stables(fallen the year 798), City of Cupoy(fallen the year 1049), Kingdom of Halmiss(fallen the years 1003 & again 1239), The Great Ivor Palace(fallen the year 1109), and City of Fumora Azure(fallen the year 1050).
She is considered the Great God of Wisdom to the Human and Orc beast riders of the west plains called the Yalwar. Spiritual fertility icon of the Winter Wind Temple Monks of the Great Falls of Inna Cul Calla.
Fendakir was killed during the defense of the Kingdom of the Grand Dulce from an outside army from the east that was lead by the young elf prince Jol-hadden of Torkkaren. Fendakir destroyed more than half of the army in the first day and used Jol-haddens own lance in personal combat on the second day to skewer him through the lower abdomen with the tip exiting his mouth. As all seemed grim for the army, a youthful looking priest challenged Fendakir to individual combat as he was about to devour Jol-haddens gurggling and twitching body. As reports state the priest was a diabolist named Zarkunan and was seemingly armed with only a great ax that sheared the wings off of Fendakir when thrown. Zarkunan was mysteriously shielded from blows from a fiery maelstorm that engulfed his body. Fendakir was slowly mutilated and skinned to death in the day long combat and the bodies of the dead soldiers rose on the battle field as her life expired. To this day the area is said to be cursed with the undead as a result.

Primus Golgris Halihex- The Monstrous Bestiary Lore

See also Zarkunan
See also Diabolist
See also Yalwar
See also Winter Wind Temple Monks
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Freelands, The

The Freelands began its' existence prior to the First Tribute War as an alliance between scattered communities and tribes of Lost Elves, wandering men, and the Galtan-Mar(mysterious half-men, half-dwarves of which little is known). Red Dragons had attacked settlements of all 3 factions for many years, and the wandering men sent emissaries to the half-dwarves and Lost Elves. After a short time all 3 factions agreed to band together for mutual defense.

Many minor battles were fought between the fledgeling coalition and the dragons who began using orcs as shock troops. Atrocities comitted on non combatants by the Wyrms and orcs drew the attention of the Church of Yorth, who sent its' Knights and Healers to aid the coalition. Some time around 1090 Church sages introduced the mysterious Amethyst. This magical substance was given to the Church Knights, the stalwart Galtan-Mar, and the men of the coalition. Amethyst made a single warrior fight with the stength of 10 and the Dragons with their lackeys were defeated for the time being.

It is after this time that The Freelands Accords were signed. This created a loose federation bound by common laws which ensured protection and basic rights to all who dwelt within the boundaries of the Freelands. The population swelled as beings seeking freedom came to live under the Freelands flag. Even a clan of Tall Elves came to dwell there and establish a stronghold near Degen Harbor. A mighty nation was born.

The Dragon Wars raged for over a hundred years before Tentar the Just, Monarch of the Freelands ordered the combined armies to attack Dragon strongholds. This resulted in swift and brutal retribution from the Dragons. The half-dwarves threw everything they had at the evil armies and as a result were almost completely made extinct. Several campaigns were mounted against Freeland territories and all were eventually repulsed. The Freelands survived the ravages of the war however, and to this day are a refuge for those seeking peace.

See also:
Amethyst
Lost Elves
Galtan-Mar
Tentar the Just

Mentat-Majoris Xalthon Hex, Steward of the Crystal Scrolls
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Fox Mark

During the Great Dragon War, deserters were common throughout almost all of the great armies. Turned away wherever they went, the life of a deserter was really nothing more than a prolongued version of the death they were so afraid of. Depending on the nation a deserter faced conscription, slavery, or death.

An expert Markcrafter of the 7th circle came up with an alternative solution. He created a new curse, similar to the Unforgiven Mark, which could be used on deserters. A silver fox, branded into the left cheek of the victim, would mark all who were victims to this curse.

Anyone branded with the Fox Mark vanished from the memory of all who had known them before, and forgot their own name. They were inducted into the Legion of the Fox, and compelled to follow the order of their commander, whoever that may be. In exchange for their sacrifice, they gained magically heightened senses and strength.

There are rumors that the Fox Mark was occasionaly used as a part of Daemonic Binding ceremonies. Such an act would allow a summoner to bind an incredibly influential and powerful demon without anyone coming looking for him, which may have resulted in some of the more powerful weapons forged in this manner.

--Ferim Nahash, Servant of the Balance

See Also: Binding, Daemonic
See Also: Legion of the Fox
See Also: Markcrafter
See Also: Unforgiven Mark
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Fort Dassaro
Before the Dragon Wars, Fort Dassaro was a dwarven garrison maintained to watch the Dassaro Pass, the only passage through the mountains large enough for trade. It also served as a safe haven for the rare dwarven trader leaving or entering the dwarven cities. When the Dragon wars began, Dassaro Pass quickly became strategically important to many of the warring kingdoms. The dwarven king Forn Stonehammer kept to his isolationist beliefs until attacked by forces under the banner of the dragon Yullshan. The fort would have been lost if not for a human army traveling the pass at the same time. The bravery of Yoseph Alluris's forces inspired the dwarves to join the war, and at it's end, give up their isolationism.

In modern times, Fort Dassaro is not only a fort but a dwarven trade city. It is the only surface city the dwarves maintain. The fantastic wealth of the dwarves is apparent here with their amazing stone and metalwork. The fort itself has become a museum of Dragon War military history. Included in the fort is Yoseph Alluris's golden sword Lightbringer and a dwarven Warforge, where the titanic dwarven war-machines were built.

-from The Dwarven Emergence, by Brumir Ironring

Also see:
Alluris, Yoseph,
Lightbringer,
Warforge,
Yullshan