Hyphen con 2015?

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
tomes
One-Armed Skeleton

Hyphen con 2015?

Post by tomes »

Hey folks,

Was playing with some of the hyphen-con peoples this weekend at Strategicon (specifically Sam, John, and Brian in a dread game run by Sam). My friend Howie and I were interested in hyphen-con, and I'd be down to run a game or so, but out of curiosity: I heard it was around November, and that appears to be the case for 2014, but not so much for prior years. Roughly when in 2015 do y'all think that might happen? What's the best way to keep updated... Just come here every once in a while?

Cheers!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Re: Hyphen con 2015?

Post by SpaceMonkey »

hey man, was thinking about the next strat-con and realized i had meant to reply to this and never did. Anyway, we are set for Nov. for the foreseeable future (Mordraine hosts at his work and that is what works best). The best way to keep updated is to subscribe to the HyphenCon forum so you'll see any new threads with an email notification.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
tomes
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by tomes »

SpaceMonkey wrote:hey man, was thinking about the next strat-con and realized i had meant to reply to this and never did. Anyway, we are set for Nov. for the foreseeable future (Mordraine hosts at his work and that is what works best). The best way to keep updated is to subscribe to the HyphenCon forum so you'll see any new threads with an email notification.
Hey SpaceMonkey! Thanks for replying. Just came back from Strategicon Gamex weekend here in LA, but didn't see any of the usual SD heads (at least the ones I"m familiar with), but decided to check here and found your reply.

I'm trying to take your advice and setup email notification, and under User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit posting defaults, I changed Notify me upon replies by default from No to Yes. However, I haven't found any setting that notifies me of any and all posts for any forum, even though I looked under Edit global settings area and others.

Any thoughts on how to do whatever it is you recommend? Looking forward to filling that Strategicon gap between Aug/Sept and Feb... also happy to run a game or two, like my Star Frontiers Savage Worlds Lego game.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Yeah, our SD Crew kinda didn't reach critical mass to head up this last time out due to a bunch of different stuff (hotel snags; missed deadlines; stratcon not activating a badge; upcoming nuptuals; etc, etc...). Kind of a bummer, but hopefully we'll be back in full force at Gateway.

For the subscription - you do that on the forum/area you want to subscribe to (not in your account preferences).
* make sure you are logged in
* go to a forum page (like this one for the Hyph: viewforum.php?f=30)
* look in the area just above where it lists all the threads - same vertical level as the +New Topic button, but on the right side
* click on 'Subscribe Forum' and it should confirm your subscription

That will subscribe you to a whole forum (any new post in any thread of that forum will notify you via email). If you ever want to unsubscribe, go to the same place and the link will say 'unsubscribe forum' instead; just click it again.

--Alternately, you can subscribe to the 'Hyphen-Con 2014::10 Year Anniversary Edition!' thread. I always post a reminder in the last year's thread to help get the word out. I usually also send a board-wide email also to remind people to stop by and check the threads. We dont' get as much traffic around here as we used to, but it wakes up a bit every year for HyphenCon.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
tomes
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by tomes »

SpaceMonkey wrote:click on 'Subscribe Forum' and it should confirm your subscription
Cool deal, danke.

See y'all at Gateway.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Cool. and do think about what you may want to run at Hyph - we all vote on best of the best and competition can be fierce, so bring your 'A Game' fer shure.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
tomes
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by tomes »

I've got my game for this year...

Distress on LL928, some details found here: http://www.supernovembergames.com/games/

Description: "You have just received a distress signal from zoological expedition Life Liner 928. How fortunate! As scrap and salvage, this is your bread and butter, and everyone's got to pay their bills, and if you find any survivors, that means bonus credits! The captain has set a direct course. Get your Albedo Screen, your Sonic Disruptor, and a Stimdose ready, for this Star Frontiers / Savage Worlds, space-based, Lego dungeon crawl."
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I think you are on the right track!
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**