The Great Dragon War, Turn D

A forum to build worlds yo...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Here it is, the turn you've all been waiting for, Turn D!

Let's get those D entries in! Deadline for this will be Next Monday (that gives everyone 7 days to get something in).

Remember, there are still phantom enteries available, if anyone wants them.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Diabolist

A man or corrupted ogre magi belonging to an ancient demon-worshipping cult and possessed of sorcerous knowledge bestowed on them from the lords of the Abyss. It is said that one does not choose to join, he is picked by a demon while still in the womb. Thouroghly evil and uncaring of the pain they have caused, these foul sorcerers will stop at nothing to gain power, be it great or small.

The weakest of the Diabolists often fall prey to the demons that they summon and bend to their will. Others not possessing a soul black enough have no doubt been victims of stronger and more ambitious Diabolists, for their magical knowledge is not shared equally and is coveted amongst them. They maintained a hierarchy based on Orders, with the first being the most powerful and holding the majority of the dread secrets. It has been said that through treachery, assassination, and double dealing with demons that lower Orders have eradicated those holding the title of first and risen to be the preeminent Order.

Though few live in these later years the past deeds of the Diabolists are spoken of in hushed tones in places of learning and places where those seeking to do evil would gather. Of all the former holdings of the Diabolists, only the dread Rystil, called a commune by some, a fortress by others is known to be the only place where these sorcerers reside. Zarkunan, Diabolist of the first Order leads them. Possessed of demonic weaponry and mighty magics he is the only mortal to have slain a dragon in one on one combat. Fendakir, the White Dragon fell to a great axe said to have been a product of Daemonic Binding and the smallest such weapon so endowed. It is beleived that Zarkunan is 900 years old.

See also:
Rystil
Zarkunan, Diabolist of the First Order
Fendakir, the White Dragon

Mentat-Majoris Xalthon Hex, Steward of the Crystal Scrolls

Edit: I had forgotton to include Zarkunan's age, old enough to have been in the Dragon Wars.
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Dualist Religions

In the earliest days, religion was far simpler and more forgiving than the religions which have evolved from it. The earliest Religions were Dualist religions, and while they came in many varieties there was a string of shared beliefs which were a part of all of them.

In the beginning of creation there were two forces which shaped the universe. Xerash the Creator, Mother, Sister, and Wife; and Jeinar the Destroyer, Father, Brother, and Husband. Xerash created all things, and nurtured life it in all of its forms. Jeinar destroyed all things, bringing death when their time had come.

Only through balance between creation and destruction could existence be maintained. The cycle of Creation and Destruction were unstoppable, and each force essential. In the earliest days, the Demon Lords were revered as servants of Jeinar as much as the Sovereign Archons were revered as servants of Xerash.

It was only as civiliation grew that the concept of Good and Evil were introduced to the concept of Religion. Men of power realized that Religion could be used to control people far more effectively than government, and so the introduction of Good and Evil marked the death knell for the widespread Dualist Religions. Though still practiced, primarily in rural areas, Dualist Religions are far less prevalent today. Some religions, such as the Baeldonian Church, have tried to bring the worshippers of the Dualist Religions into the fold by modifying these old traditions, usually meeting with widespread but short-lived success.

--Ferim Nahash, Servant of the Balance

See Also: Baeldonian Church
See Also: Demon Lords
See Also: Jeinar the Destroyer
See Also: Sovereign Archons
See Also: Xerash the Creator
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Demon Lords: A Lord in the corrupt waste pool of the unforgiving Pit is a demon of reputation and of free constraint who can walk upon the material plane unhindered by the divine binding that subdue lesser demons in the pit. The collection and feasting of souls keeps the Demon Lords on the material plane where they create chaos and entropy among the free spirits that roam.
Circle ranks among the Demon Lords is based on power and the amount of freedom they have to roam amongst planes of existence. 6 Circles in all with the sixth circle Demon Lords representing those demons that can exist on a plane only in a bound and servitor capacity, most commonly in a weapon or jewelry. The first circle represents Demon Lords who can exist in multiple planes but have created such corruption to be infamous. Some of the greatest known Demon Lords that roamed Necti were Bekarr-Nal and Tel’ Naga.
Demon Lords can either, appear and act directly into matters, or more preferably act behind the scenes manipulating the will of humanity. Demon Lords can choose a diabolist to proxy the evil into the demons desires mostly for those of the fourth circle Demon Lords. The greatest threat to the Demon Lords came thru the Brotherhood of Judges during the Rikar Heresy. A Demon Lord named Kan Poil posed as a deformed jester in the court of the King of Westmarch, and manipulated the King into sending his forces into Schatterwald Castle to kill General Marshal Jasheen Lador for sodomizing the Queen and selling his daughters to an orc brothel where they were violated for profit. As a result Kan Poil was able to destroy most of the Brotherhood of Judges but made a fatal error when he was discovered in connection to the orc brothel.
It is believed that Demon Lords still exist today but are in the shadows of every humans fears and desires…..

-Brother Otto Von Litchenstein, Primer to the Brotherhood of Judges, Chapter 6-Basic Foundation of Demon Lords

See also Diabolist
See slso Bekarr-Nal
See also Brotherhood of Judges
See also Kan Poil
See also The Pit
See also Jasheen Lador, General Marshall

(I hope this was evil enough. I felt I could have made it more evil but I was running out of space)
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

[quote="Skyman"]

(I hope this was evil enough. I felt I could have made it more evil but I was running out of space)[/quote]

Pretty fucking evil. bro. 8) :twisted:

Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

:twisted:
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

I'm almetst done. I'll get in after work tomorrow.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Dwarves of the Dragon Spine Mountains

The Dragon Spine Mountains have been the home of a mighty dwarves kingdom for as long as the mountains have stood there, or at least so say the dwarves. In truth, no one can remember a time when the dwarves were not in the great range, not even the elves. Deep in the bowels of the great mountain range, the dwarves mined gems and precious metals, forged fantastic weapons and works of art and herded the unique spiral horned goats that are only found in the Dragon Spine. Though their kingdom did not take up the entire range, the only save path did pass through the dwrven controlled Fort Dassaro, and dwarven trade families and caravans were a common sight throughout much of the Diamond Coast. Other than trade, however, they were mostly isolationist, even during the opening of the gates at Chantil and Ur-Beth, until the Great Dragon War. It took the human Yoseph Alluris, and his great battle against the dragon Yullshan, that drew the dwarves from their underground homes. Yoseph impressed the then dwarven king, Forn Stonehammer, with his aid of the defense of Fort Dassaro against the forces of Yullshan, so much so that they forged for him a mighty golden sword in appreciation, and joined his army. After the end of the Dragon War, the dwarves of the Dragon Spine were only too happy to join the newly formed Confederation of Nations.

- Kharm, personal historian to the High Prelate

- See also: Alluris, Yoseph; Chantil; Yullshan; Fort Dassaro; Stonehammer, Forn
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Two things. I'm going to leave this thread open until tomorrow, so Jake can get his entry in. Anyone else that has not done an entry can still get theirs in as well.

Second, I felt there needed to be a D entry that hasn't been done yet, so I went ahead and wrote it up. If anyone things this is wrong and should be left out, let me know, I'll delete it.

Dragons

No other creature on the face of Necti has had as much impact on history as much as Dragons. A singular creature, they appear lizard like at first glance, though they are warm blooded. They also have great, leathery wings that, despite their great bulk, allow them to fly through the sky as the great predators they are. They also posses the magical ability to breathe fire at will, allowing them to devastate vast reaches of land in literally a breath. The most interesting thing about dragons, however, is that beyond all these commonalities, each individual dragon is unique in appearance. The pattern of colors on his scales, the shape of his wings, his size, the number of horns on the head, all of these things change from dragon to dragon, and it seems to make no difference what the parents looked like. Another thing that separates dragons from other creatures is their vast intelligence and ability to use magic. It is believed that it was dragons that first discovered magic, and taught this to the elves. These truly powerful, almost god-like beings, would have ruled the world were it not for one thing. Their individuality was not limited to appearance. Dragons, in general, have trouble working with other dragons, and their outlooks on the world vary as greatly as their appearances. For the most part, Dragons were more than willing to let the other races be, only raiding for food in the rare occasion. All of that changed, however, during the Great Dragon War, when dragons such as Auubrax and Melfaxis sought to carve an empire for themselves. Thankfully, a weakness to dragons was discovered in the rare element commonly called Amethyst. Though used mostly by the Church of Yorth to draw power straight from the dragons themselves, it was the Tall Elves that eventually discovered that Amethyst could be mounted into weapons, and the result were the powerful magical weapons known as Wyrmslayers. The Tall Elves gave the Wyrmslayers to a select few hand picked heroes from almost every nation and race, and these heroes were able to drive back the menace that is Dragonkind. Today, many of the Wyrmslayers are now lost, and many fear that without them, it will only be a matter of time before another Dragon War happens.

- See also: Auubrax, Melfaxis; Amethyst; Elves, Tall; Wyrmslayers

Chris
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Dontipiday, General Londo - Before the Dragon War, Londo Dontipiday was a scholar. He was born to wealthy parents and showed interest in the pursuit of knowledge at an early age. He was admitted to the famed Moedon University at the age of seventeen. There he studied the various animal species of Necti, Dragons and Wyverns in particular. Many of the surviving pre-war texts written on dragons have come from Dontipiday and his colleagues. When the Dragon Wars began, Dontipiday was recruited as an adviser on the nature of Dragons. Londo turned out to be a capable man in battle as well as the university. His skills and the high attrition rates during the war made him a general quickly. Dontipiday's love of dragons led him to pursue non-lethal methods of taking them down. Most notably were his modifications to the autolure. Londo had to invent many such devices, since he refused the use of Demonic weaponry, even late in the war when the human kingdoms condoned their use. Late in the war, Londo met and married the sorceress Hicia Ulin. The two survived the Dragon War and returned to Moedon, where they remained as teachers and historians.

- Prerin Afao, Moedon University Historian

See Also: Autolure, Moedon University, Hicia Ulin, Wyvern
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Jake

Post by Jake »

Dragonsdeath Pass: The subterranean pass through the Crystalline Shards proved to be a great advantage when the armies of the Eastern Plains, primarily those of the racially intolerant nation of Jispar, invaded the people of the Southern Valleys. The Crystalline Shards as a whole is a site of violent weather, even more so the peaks surrounding the Dragonsdeath Pass. So violent are these winds that a torrent of air constantly flows southwest thorough the pass from one opening to the other. This, along with side passages at unnaturally regular intervals allowed the smallest of armies to travel the pass undeterred as long as they had an allied dragon at the eastern opening.

The process was remarkably simple and remarkably effective. An army would march through the pass and at a predetermined time take refuge in one of the side passages. Sometime latter the dragon at the eastern opening would discharge its breath into the opening. So strong are the air currents that the breath from a dragon great enough would have been accelerated through the entire length of the pass. Needless to say this would eradicate any army not taking cover.

Additionally, a dragon entrenched near the eastern entrance was nigh impossible to dislodge against its will. This was due to the large bank of Gnomish aero-dynamos known as Kraftwerks that used the wind flows to generate power for the Gnomes. Once behind these a dragon could hold its position indefinitely and control what armies would be allowed to travel the pass.

- Father Xerxes, Master of the Great Library

See also: Crystalline Shards
See also: Kraftwerks
See also: Jispar
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Dopho Craddle - A scholar spends his life cataloging the actions and contributions of others, so it is that their own contributions are often overlooked. Few remember the name of the Naturalist Dopho Craddle, a humble man who spent his time wandering the face of Necti looking for, of all things, plants.

While the great Dragons soared across the sky, and all the races engaged in a massive conflict, Dopho Craddle crawled through the dirt, his hands constantly in the soil beneath him. The deeds of his life could be called humble, but his writings and discoveries have helped to change so much of life. Most importantly, he founded the Naturalists; and through his discoveries and the teachings of others we have learned how to harness the very forces of Nature around us.

Some of his notable discoveries were Assassin Gloom Weed, Fever Bark, and Springroot, though there are many others. Deep in the Untamed Woods, a grove has been planted where he is believed to have died. Originally seeded with all of the plantlife he is credited with discovering, Naturalists bring samples of every new plant they can find to be planted in the grove. It is said that some few plants have been so harvested or destroyed that they exist only in the depths of the grove; a final tribute to the scholar who's humble life has shaped all of our own.

--Oral tradition passed down among Naturalists.

See Also: Assassin Gloom Weed
See Also: Fever Bark
See Also: Naturalist
See Also: Springroot
See Also: Untamed Woods

Turned out a bit long, and with several references, but hope you like :)
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Jake

Post by Jake »

[quote="Infernus"]Turned out a bit long, and with several references, but hope you like :)[/quote]
As a botanist I can tell you that I loved it. I can't wait to tackle some of those citations.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Very nice everyone. Okay, this thread is now locked. I'll update the Phantom Entries and open the E thread within the next few hours (it's busy at work today).

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

The Great Dragon War, Turn D

Post by BlanchPrez »

Here's the D entries.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Dwarves of the Dragon Spine Mountains

The Dragon Spine Mountains have been the home of a mighty dwarves kingdom for as long as the mountains have stood there, or at least so say the dwarves. In truth, no one can remember a time when the dwarves were not in the great range, not even the elves. Deep in the bowels of the great mountain range, the dwarves mined gems and precious metals, forged fantastic weapons and works of art and herded the unique spiral horned goats that are only found in the Dragon Spine. Though their kingdom did not take up the entire range, the only save path did pass through the dwrven controlled Fort Dassaro, and dwarven trade families and caravans were a common sight throughout much of the Diamond Coast. Other than trade, however, they were mostly isolationist, even during the opening of the gates at Chantil and Ur-Beth, until the Great Dragon War. It took the human Yoseph Alluris, and his great battle against the dragon Yullshan, that drew the dwarves from their underground homes. Yoseph impressed the then dwarven king, Forn Stonehammer, with his aid of the defense of Fort Dassaro against the forces of Yullshan, so much so that they forged for him a mighty golden sword in appreciation, and joined his army. After the end of the Dragon War, the dwarves of the Dragon Spine were only too happy to join the newly formed Confederation of Nations.

- See also: Alluris, Yoseph; Chantil; Yullshan; Fort Dassaro; Stonehammer, Forn
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Dragons

No other creature on the face of Necti has had as much impact on history as much as Dragons. A singular creature, they appear lizard like at first glance, though they are warm blooded. They also have great, leathery wings that, despite their great bulk, allow them to fly through the sky as the great predators they are. They also posses the magical ability to breathe fire at will, allowing them to devastate vast reaches of land in literally a breath. The most interesting thing about dragons, however, is that beyond all these commonalities, each individual dragon is unique in appearance. The pattern of colors on his scales, the shape of his wings, his size, the number of horns on the head, all of these things change from dragon to dragon, and it seems to make no difference what the parents looked like. Another thing that separates dragons from other creatures is their vast intelligence and ability to use magic. It is believed that it was dragons that first discovered magic, and taught this to the elves. These truly powerful, almost god-like beings, would have ruled the world were it not for one thing. Their individuality was not limited to appearance. Dragons, in general, have trouble working with other dragons, and their outlooks on the world vary as greatly as their appearances. For the most part, Dragons were more than willing to let the other races be, only raiding for food in the rare occasion. All of that changed, however, during the Great Dragon War, when dragons such as Auubrax and Melfaxis sought to carve an empire for themselves. Thankfully, a weakness to dragons was discovered in the rare element commonly called Amethyst. Though used mostly by the Church of Yorth to draw power straight from the dragons themselves, it was the Tall Elves that eventually discovered that Amethyst could be mounted into weapons, and the result were the powerful magical weapons known as Wyrmslayers. The Tall Elves gave the Wyrmslayers to a select few hand picked heroes from almost every nation and race, and these heroes were able to drive back the menace that is Dragonkind. Today, many of the Wyrmslayers are now lost, and many fear that without them, it will only be a matter of time before another Dragon War happens.

- See also: Auubrax, Melfaxis; Amethyst; Elves, Tall; Wyrmslayers
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Diabolist

A man or corrupted ogre magi belonging to an ancient demon-worshipping cult and possessed of sorcerous knowledge bestowed on them from the lords of the Abyss. It is said that one does not choose to join, he is picked by a demon while still in the womb. Thouroghly evil and uncaring of the pain they have caused, these foul sorcerers will stop at nothing to gain power, be it great or small.

The weakest of the Diabolists often fall prey to the demons that they summon and bend to their will. Others not possessing a soul black enough have no doubt been victims of stronger and more ambitious Diabolists, for their magical knowledge is not shared equally and is coveted amongst them. They maintained a hierarchy based on Orders, with the first being the most powerful and holding the majority of the dread secrets. It has been said that through treachery, assassination, and double dealing with demons that lower Orders have eradicated those holding the title of first and risen to be the preeminent Order.

Though few live in these later years the past deeds of the Diabolists are spoken of in hushed tones in places of learning and places where those seeking to do evil would gather. Of all the former holdings of the Diabolists, only the dread Rystil, called a commune by some, a fortress by others is known to be the only place where these sorcerers reside. Zarkunan, Diabolist of the first Order leads them. Possessed of demonic weaponry and mighty magics he is the only mortal to have slain a dragon in one on one combat. Fendakir, the White Dragon fell to a great axe said to have been a product of Daemonic Binding and the smallest such weapon so endowed. It is beleived that Zarkunan is 900 years old.

See also:
Rystil
Zarkunan, Diabolist of the First Order
Fendakir, the White Dragon

Mentat-Majoris Xalthon Hex, Steward of the Crystal Scrolls
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Dualist Religions

In the earliest days, religion was far simpler and more forgiving than the religions which have evolved from it. The earliest Religions were Dualist religions, and while they came in many varieties there was a string of shared beliefs which were a part of all of them.

In the beginning of creation there were two forces which shaped the universe. Xerash the Creator, Mother, Sister, and Wife; and Jeinar the Destroyer, Father, Brother, and Husband. Xerash created all things, and nurtured life it in all of its forms. Jeinar destroyed all things, bringing death when their time had come.

Only through balance between creation and destruction could existence be maintained. The cycle of Creation and Destruction were unstoppable, and each force essential. In the earliest days, the Demon Lords were revered as servants of Jeinar as much as the Sovereign Archons were revered as servants of Xerash.

It was only as civiliation grew that the concept of Good and Evil were introduced to the concept of Religion. Men of power realized that Religion could be used to control people far more effectively than government, and so the introduction of Good and Evil marked the death knell for the widespread Dualist Religions. Though still practiced, primarily in rural areas, Dualist Religions are far less prevalent today. Some religions, such as the Baeldonian Church, have tried to bring the worshippers of the Dualist Religions into the fold by modifying these old traditions, usually meeting with widespread but short-lived success.

--Ferim Nahash, Servant of the Balance

See Also: Baeldonian Church
See Also: Demon Lords
See Also: Jeinar the Destroyer
See Also: Sovereign Archons
See Also: Xerash the Creator
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Demon Lords: A Lord in the corrupt waste pool of the unforgiving Pit is a demon of reputation and of free constraint who can walk upon the material plane unhindered by the divine binding that subdue lesser demons in the pit. The collection and feasting of souls keeps the Demon Lords on the material plane where they create chaos and entropy among the free spirits that roam.
Circle ranks among the Demon Lords is based on power and the amount of freedom they have to roam amongst planes of existence. 6 Circles in all with the sixth circle Demon Lords representing those demons that can exist on a plane only in a bound and servitor capacity, most commonly in a weapon or jewelry. The first circle represents Demon Lords who can exist in multiple planes but have created such corruption to be infamous. Some of the greatest known Demon Lords that roamed Necti were Bekarr-Nal and Tel’ Naga.
Demon Lords can either, appear and act directly into matters, or more preferably act behind the scenes manipulating the will of humanity. Demon Lords can choose a diabolist to proxy the evil into the demons desires mostly for those of the fourth circle Demon Lords. The greatest threat to the Demon Lords came thru the Brotherhood of Judges during the Rikar Heresy. A Demon Lord named Kan Poil posed as a deformed jester in the court of the King of Westmarch, and manipulated the King into sending his forces into Schatterwald Castle to kill General Marshal Jasheen Lador for sodomizing the Queen and selling his daughters to an orc brothel where they were violated for profit. As a result Kan Poil was able to destroy most of the Brotherhood of Judges but made a fatal error when he was discovered in connection to the orc brothel.
It is believed that Demon Lords still exist today but are in the shadows of every humans fears and desires…..

-Brother Otto Von Litchenstein, Primer to the Brotherhood of Judges, Chapter 6-Basic Foundation of Demon Lords

See also Diabolist
See slso Bekarr-Nal
See also Brotherhood of Judges
See also Kan Poil
See also The Pit
See also Jasheen Lador, General Marshall
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Dontipiday, General Londo - Before the Dragon War, Londo Dontipiday was a scholar. He was born to wealthy parents and showed interest in the pursuit of knowledge at an early age. He was admitted to the famed Moedon University at the age of seventeen. There he studied the various animal species of Necti, Dragons and Wyverns in particular. Many of the surviving pre-war texts written on dragons have come from Dontipiday and his colleagues. When the Dragon Wars began, Dontipiday was recruited as an adviser on the nature of Dragons. Londo turned out to be a capable man in battle as well as the university. His skills and the high attrition rates during the war made him a general quickly. Dontipiday's love of dragons led him to pursue non-lethal methods of taking them down. Most notably were his modifications to the autolure. Londo had to invent many such devices, since he refused the use of Demonic weaponry, even late in the war when the human kingdoms condoned their use. Late in the war, Londo met and married the sorceress Hicia Ulin. The two survived the Dragon War and returned to Moedon, where they remained as teachers and historians.

- Prerin Afao, Moedon University Historian

See Also: Autolure, Moedon University, Hicia Ulin, Wyvern
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Dragonsdeath Pass: The subterranean pass through the Crystalline Shards proved to be a great advantage when the armies of the Eastern Plains, primarily those of the racially intolerant nation of Jispar, invaded the people of the Southern Valleys. The Crystalline Shards as a whole is a site of violent weather, even more so the peaks surrounding the Dragonsdeath Pass. So violent are these winds that a torrent of air constantly flows southwest thorough the pass from one opening to the other. This, along with side passages at unnaturally regular intervals allowed the smallest of armies to travel the pass undeterred as long as they had an allied dragon at the eastern opening.

The process was remarkably simple and remarkably effective. An army would march through the pass and at a predetermined time take refuge in one of the side passages. Sometime latter the dragon at the eastern opening would discharge its breath into the opening. So strong are the air currents that the breath from a dragon great enough would have been accelerated through the entire length of the pass. Needless to say this would eradicate any army not taking cover.

Additionally, a dragon entrenched near the eastern entrance was nigh impossible to dislodge against its will. This was due to the large bank of Gnomish aero-dynamos known as Kraftwerks that used the wind flows to generate power for the Gnomes. Once behind these a dragon could hold its position indefinitely and control what armies would be allowed to travel the pass.

- Father Xerxes, Master of the Great Library

See also: Crystalline Shards
See also: Kraftwerks
See also: Jispar
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Dopho Craddle - A scholar spends his life cataloging the actions and contributions of others, so it is that their own contributions are often overlooked. Few remember the name of the Naturalist Dopho Craddle, a humble man who spent his time wandering the face of Necti looking for, of all things, plants.

While the great Dragons soared across the sky, and all the races engaged in a massive conflict, Dopho Craddle crawled through the dirt, his hands constantly in the soil beneath him. The deeds of his life could be called humble, but his writings and discoveries have helped to change so much of life. Most importantly, he founded the Naturalists; and through his discoveries and the teachings of others we have learned how to harness the very forces of Nature around us.

Some of his notable discoveries were Assassin Gloom Weed, Fever Bark, and Springroot, though there are many others. Deep in the Untamed Woods, a grove has been planted where he is believed to have died. Originally seeded with all of the plant life he is credited with discovering, Naturalists bring samples of every new plant they can find to be planted in the grove. It is said that some few plants have been so harvested or destroyed that they exist only in the depths of the grove; a final tribute to the scholar who's humble life has shaped all of our own.

--Oral tradition passed down among Naturalists.

See Also: Assassin Gloom Weed
See Also: Fever Bark
See Also: Naturalist
See Also: Springroot
See Also: Untamed Woods