Hyphen-Con VII: THE GAMES

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Hyphen-Con VII: THE GAMES

Post by devlin1 »

It's official! Some of the people have spoken, vote-wise, so now here are your eight Hyphen-Con VII games!
  • mordraine's Operation: Blackbird (Lady Blackbird)
  • dnd3eplayer's [s]Not[/s] Dread Not (Dread)
  • cczernia's Firefly: Back in the Black (Cortex+)
  • devlin1's The Pillage of Hommlet (Cortex+)
  • mcellis's Shadowrun (FATE)
  • Cthulhu's Slipstream: Lost Fragment (Savage Worlds)
  • BlanchPrez's Danger Patrol
  • Skyman's Black Bird Horror (Cthulhu Dark)
[s]"But wait!" you say, or have said, or are saying, or would have said if you'd bothered to count them. "That's only seven!" That's because Sam's two games (PDQ Ducktales and ) are tied at four votes apiece, so, instead of doing a time-consuming tie-breaker, he'll have to pick one and announce it here.[/s]

UPDATE: Sam did that thing. It's Dread Not (Dread).

Speaking of which, the above games all received three or more votes. If two games from one GM received enough votes to make it in the Top 8 (mordraine, Cthulhu), only the more popular of the two has been included here, operating under the assumption that nobody wants to run games in both slots. (Guys, if that assumption is incorrect, speak up ASAP before Skyman and BlancPrez start putting their hearts and/or souls into prepping their games.)
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Eh... it's Danger Patrol, there is no prep.

Oh, wait.... I wasn't supposed to say that, was I?

Uh.. YEAH! Prep. LOTS of prep to do! I gotta get started on all that PREP WORK now!

-Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Y'know, I'm not sure Cthulhu Dark has much in the way of prep either. So yeah, fuck you guys.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

devlin1 wrote:Y'know, I'm not sure Cthulhu Dark has much in the way of prep either. So yeah, fuck you guys.
Hahahha:lolup:
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

aw man.. my clever plan to make others decide for me has failed miserably. I can only go forward and learn from my mistake. One d20 rolling now....

.... and it rolled in favor of Dread. Consider that settled. Game on!
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

dnd3eplayer wrote:aw man.. my clever plan to make others decide for me has failed miserably. I can only go forward and learn from my mistake. One d20 rolling now....

.... and it rolled in favor of Dread. Consider that settled. Game on!
So noted, sir! And I commend you on your game-picking method.
Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

devlin1 wrote:So noted, sir! And I commend you on your game-picking method.

Hey, if you guys didn't organize this stuff, that's how we would do them all ;)

incidentally, it is Dread Not (as in dreadnought, cause that's the train involved) and not 'Not Dread'.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

dnd3eplayer wrote:Hey, if you guys didn't organize this stuff, that's how we would do them all ;)

incidentally, it is Dread Not (as in dreadnought, cause that's the train involved) and not 'Not Dread'.
I prefer Not Dread (Dread). So, y'know, maybe think about how you can incorporate that.
Mike Olson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

In all seriousness, if someone really wants to run two games, I would be willing to give up my slot. There's so man cool games to play, I would be just as happy to play both sessions as I would be to run Danger Patrol.

-Chris
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

BlanchPrez wrote:In all seriousness, if someone really wants to run two games, I would be willing to give up my slot. There's so man cool games to play, I would be just as happy to play both sessions as I would be to run Danger Patrol.
Ah, but Danger Patrol is one of those very same cool games you mentioned. Don't be so dismissive about it! We've got at least one guy driving down from LA who's all jazzed about playing it (again).
Mike Olson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

devlin1 wrote:Ah, but Danger Patrol is one of those very same cool games you mentioned. Don't be so dismissive about it! We've got at least one guy driving down from LA who's all jazzed about playing it (again).
Oh, I'm not dissing it. It's a very cool game, and I would love to play it again. Just saying, I don't mind. But, if someone's coming all the way down from LA... then we should give him what he wants.

-Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

BlanchPrez wrote:Oh, I'm not dissing it. It's a very cool game, and I would love to play it again. Just saying, I don't mind. But, if someone's coming all the way down from LA... then we should give him what he wants.

-Chris
...and your the guy to do it:cheers:
shockvalue
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by shockvalue »

Yes, my annual Danger Patrol tradition continues into its second year!
Anarchangel
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Anarchangel »

BlanchPrez wrote:Oh, I'm not dissing it. It's a very cool game, and I would love to play it again. Just saying, I don't mind. But, if someone's coming all the way down from LA... then we should give him what he wants.

-Chris
I have it on good authority that a whole car-load of someones are coming all the way down from LA! Do [s]we[/s] they all get what [s]we[/s] they want?

(BTW, devlin1, the BBcode in the Announcement pointing to this thread is busted.)
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Anarchangel wrote:I have it on good authority that a whole car-load of someones are coming all the way down from LA! Do [s]we[/s] they all get what [s]we[/s] they want?
You do indeed, if what you want is a weekend of quality gaming in the San Dieganist place on Earth.
(BTW, devlin1, the BBcode in the Announcement pointing to this thread is busted.)
Meh. Nobody reads those things anyway.
Mike Olson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Photos of Hyphen-Con are finally up on my Facebook page!

Go, look, and please, tag people that I don't currently have tagged. :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid= ... aid=103786

-Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

very cool Chris