Hyphen-Con VII

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Hyphen-Con VII

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'll be an instigator - it is time to start planning this thing!

..someone with some follow-through take it from here ;)
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Ok. A date thread is up. That's as proactive as I get though.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

I'm up for running something. I'd like to run Jailbreak for Unknown Armies, 44 a game of Automatic Fear, or a Little Fears + Planescape mash up. Call me crazy. Are you guys going to do boardgames again? That was sweet.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Yeah, the day of boardgames was a big success, so assuming the venue's available I think it's a lock that we'll do that again.

Something to think about for this year's Hyphen-Con: Prospective GMs can only submit a maximum of two games. We're not ending up with 40+ candidates again this year. That was a bunch of nonsense.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

devlin1 wrote:Yeah, the day of boardgames was a big success, so assuming the venue's available I think it's a lock that we'll do that again.

Something to think about for this year's Hyphen-Con: Prospective GMs can only submit a maximum of two games. We're not ending up with 40+ candidates again this year. That was a bunch of nonsense.
Wise decision. I like it. Okay so I'll reduce my list to D&D 4e Evil Dead or Little Fears Planescape.
Anarchangel
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Anarchangel »

Just to confirm that I found the psychic assaults... er... cogent arguments of the SD crowd at Orccon very convincing.

This is relevant to my interests.
joela

Thank you

Post by joela »

Want to thank y'all for a great time. And congrats for your first walk-in via Google! :lol:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

good times
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Had a total blast at the Hyph this year! It was my first time doing the whole thing from beginning to end. Won't be happening again, I am EXHAUSTED!

BUT, I had a fantastic time. Thanks, Andy, for hosting! Already looking forward to next year.

-Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

BlanchPrez wrote:Had a total blast at the Hyph this year! It was my first time doing the whole thing from beginning to end. Won't be happening again, I am EXHAUSTED!
Bah. You have a whole year to recover.

Fantastic con once again. Yay for us! Thanks to everyone who came and made it great, especially those who came in from out of town -- like me!

And Devin! Man oh man. I don't think I'll ever get over that guy showing up out of the blue like that. It wasn't just that a stranger found out about Hyphen-Con via Google and showed up -- it was everything that had to come together for that to happen. As much fun as I had playing games and seeing people, that weird bit of serendipity kinda made the con for me.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mcellis
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by mcellis »

Thanks for throwing the Hyph guys I and everyone else who came down with me had a blast! Especially thanks to Andy for hosting and anyone else who helped organize the con. Hope to see most of you guys up in LA at the next Strategicon.

Morgan.
joela

Post by joela »

devlin1 wrote: And Devin! Man oh man. I don't think I'll ever get over that guy showing up out of the blue like that. It wasn't just that a stranger found out about Hyphen-Con via Google and showed up -- it was everything that had to come together for that to happen. As much fun as I had playing games and seeing people, that weird bit of serendipity kinda made the con for me.
+1. Hey, maybe he'll come out from Virginia(?) for next year's con :cheers:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Who the heck was that guy?

Or is he just the mysterious google guy
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

So glad everyone had fun! I did as well. Great con! It was so good to see everyone down from L.A and O.C. in addition to all our locals. Missed a few people due to circumstances beyond their control, but hopefully they'll be back next year (shout out to Aaron, Stephen, Liz, James and all the other Hyph regulars that couldn't make it this year).

And we've now officially "made it" due to our first street walk-in!

Oh and thanks everyone for pitching in and keeping the facilities clean! Awesome! If it weren't for the left over snacks and drinks, you wouldn't even know we were here!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Anarchangel
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Anarchangel »

GG guys, GG!

Here's a link to the first part of my report.

Executive Summary: Fuck yeah!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Fuck Yeah!!!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Wow, thanks for the kind words, Hamish!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!