Dead Gamers Society: RPG Rendezvous at DiceHouse

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
Drumheller
One-Armed Skeleton

Dead Gamers Society: RPG Rendezvous at DiceHouse

Post by Drumheller »

Greetings all,

I'd like to invite you all to the next Dead Gamers Society Fall RPG Rendezvous at DiceHouse Games in Fullerton on Sunday, October 24th.

What is the Dead Gamers Society?

Some of you know, because you're on the membership list. But, in brief, we are a RPG club based in Orange County, centered on White Wolf's World of Darkness games.

What is the RPG Rendezvous at DiceHouse?

Every quarter, we organized a micro-RPG con at DiceHouse Games in Fullerton and we run all types of RPGs (not just WOD). It's run all day on a Sunday and has two shifts, a morning shift from 10:00am to 2:00 and a afternoon shift, from 3:00pm to 7:00pm.

While our lineup is still being finalized, so far, scheduled to be run is:
-All Flesh Must be Eaten
-Leverage
-World of Darkness Mirrors
-Game of Thrones GM'd by your very own Chris Czerniak

More details to come soon.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Anyone want to head up with me. Last time was a lot of fun.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]Anyone want to head up with me. Last time was a lot of fun.[/quote]

*raises hand*

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'm interested but schedule-cautious at this point.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'm interested.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Drumheller
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Drumheller »

Ok folks heres the latest and the schedule...

The Dead Gamers Society presents the Fall RPG Rendezvous. This is our quarterly micro RPG con at DiceHouse were we play some of todays most intriquing RPG's, this is our chance to try some non-World of Darkness RPG's. Think of it like an RPG wine tasting.

To RSVP for these fine games, visit the DGS website at

http://www.meetup.com/Dead-Gamers-Society/

The schedule is as follows.

10:00 am to 2:00pm

-A Song of Fire and Ice Roleplaying
Presenting Green Ronin's Song of Fire and Ice Roleplaying. For years, readers have thrilled to the saga of Westeros as told in George R.R. Martin's best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire series. Now you can tell your own tales of the Seven Kingdoms and play the game of thrones in A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying. This is GM'd by San Diego's own Chris Czerniak.

-World of Darkness: Haus of Mirrors
Like Alice through the looking glass, this game takes you a trip through the World of Darkness like you never seen it before. With the recent publication of World of Darkness Mirrors, the window in which we see the World of Darkness has shattered and we now see a world twisted, frayed and mutated, but no less scary and mysterious. The Haus of Mirrors beckons you, come...enter. This is GM'd by Geist GM, Julie Scott.

-All Flesh Must Be Eaten
All Flesh Must Be Eaten is a roleplaying game set in a world of survival horror. A world where the dead have come back from their graves. You have no clue as to why they have returned but one thing is certain... They crave living flesh! Zombie games never get old and this is one of the best. This game is GM'd by Joe Sosta

3:00pm to 7:00pm

-Gamma World 4th Edition
The D&D Gamma World Roleplaying Game offers hours of rollicking entertainment in a savage land of adventure, where the survivors of some mythical future disaster must contend with radioactive wastes, ravaged cities, and rampant lawlessness. Against a nuclear backdrop, heroic scavengers search crumbled ruins for lost artifacts while battling mutants and other perils. This is DM'd by Joel Arellano

-Leverage the Roleplaying Game
Based on the popluar TV Shoe, the Leverage Role Playing Game puts you in the middle of a dysfunctional but highly-specialized group of con-artists, criminals, and crooks who are trying to turn over a new leaf. You protect the victims of corporations, mobsters, and corrupt politicians by using your expert skills to outwit and overcome the real bad guys. Using the award-winning Cortex System as its foundation, the Leverage RPG includes all the rules you need to create a team of rogues, plan a job, and get it done... even if it means going to Plan B. This game is GM'd by Tim James

-Savage Worlds: Weird War II
In the horror of war, dark things rise, and World War II is history's greatest conflict. The Japanese stalk the jungles of Southeast Asia. Carriers battle in the South Pacific. Tanks trundle across North Africa. Planes duel over England. The Nazi blitzkrieg conquers most of Europe with a genocidal madman at the controls. Prepare to battle the evil of the Axis powers and the hideous things that rise in their wake. This isn't just war-this is Weird War! This game is GM'd by Mike Cantin

-Unknown Armies
In Unknown Armies, players take the roles of movers and shakers in the occult underground, fighting a battle for the ultimate prize: ascension to a higher plane and a hand in creating the next incarnation of reality. Loathsome monsters, bizarre supernatural forces, mind-bending magic, warring cults, and ten thousand bullets -- it's a pulp apocalypse, and the players have front-row seats for the steel-cage death match of all eternity. GM Steve Ramirez will bring his twisted mind for the forey into Unknown Armies
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

You had me at Gamma World. It's the day after Ben's first birthday party, so... I should be able to swing that, right?
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Drumheller
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Drumheller »

Devlin,
If you want in, you got it. Consider your seat reserved. I'll let Joel know. If your attendance changes, just post your status here.
Thanks,
-Louis
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Are you planning on going for both sessions Chris?
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Drumheller
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Drumheller »

Hello all,

Stay tuned, there will be some alterations to the schedule as Joseph Goodman of Goodman Games has accepted our invitation to come up and run some playtest demos of his new game coming out.

The updates will up in a day or so.

-Louis
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Are you planning on going for both sessions Chris?[/quote]

Yes. I already signed up for Leverage in the afternoon slot.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Drumheller"]Hello all,

Stay tuned, there will be some alterations to the schedule as Joseph Goodman of Goodman Games has accepted our invitation to come up and run some playtest demos of his new game coming out. [/quote]

Oh.

Well, then I'd want to check that out, too.

We need to get that guy at Hyphen-Con next year. I mean, we would've had him [i]this[/i] year, but the con conflicted with... what, his wife's birthday or something?

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Some people have no sense of priority.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

he had to go to a wedding
Drumheller
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Drumheller »

Ok all, the updates.

Joseph Goodman will be run two sessions of Dungeon Crawl Classics playtest. Session 1 will be from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Session 2 will be from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. You welcome to play in both sessions or one.

Feel free to change any RSVP's you may have done on the DGS website or if your not a member of the site, please post your RSVP's here and I'll make sure your seat is secure.

To read a little more details, visit the DGS website.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I RSVP'd for Dungeon Crawl Classics in Session 1 and Gamma World in Session 2.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Drumheller"]Ok all, the updates.

Joseph Goodman will be run two sessions of Dungeon Crawl Classics playtest. [b]Session 1[/b] will be from 10:00am to 2:00pm. [b]Session 2[/b] will be from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. You welcome to play in both sessions or one.

Feel free to change any RSVP's you may have done on the DGS website or if your not a member of the site, please post your RSVP's here and I'll make sure your seat is secure.

To read a little more details, visit the DGS website.[/quote]

Pencil me in for that morning DCC session, then, if you would. If it turns out I can't make it all day, I'll mention that ASAP. Thanks!

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I would like to be regged for the morning DCC session and the Gamma World afternoon slot if possible, thanks!
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Drumheller
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Drumheller »

Devlin1, you are seat is reserved for DCC Session 1, at 10:00am

DnD3eplayer, you seats are reserved for DCC Session 1 at 10:00am and Gamma World 4th at 3:00pm

-Louis
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey hey, Louis -- count me out for the morning session, please. I won't be able to make it. I'll still be there for the afternoon game, though.
Mike Olson
Drumheller
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Drumheller »

I like to thank all the San Diego guys who came up to the Fall RPG Rendezvous at DiceHouse today (Sunday October 24th)

Thank you to Chris for GM'ing A Song of Fire and Ice. If you need a courier check with the courtier. A classic moment indeed.

Also a shout out to Morgin Ellis (I know, not a San Diego resident) for GM'ing InSpectres on the fly, looks like it was a good time.

We hope to see you at OrcCon in Feburary.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="Drumheller"]I like to thank all the San Diego guys who came up to the Fall RPG Rendezvous at DiceHouse today (Sunday October 24th)

Thank you to Chris for GM'ing A Song of Fire and Ice. If you need a [i]courier [/i]check with the [i]courtier[/i]. A classic moment indeed.

Also a shout out to Morgan Ellis (I know, not a San Diego resident) for GM'ing Inspectors on the fly, looks like it was a good time.

We hope to see you at OrcCon in Feburary.[/quote]

And we'd like to thank you guys for the invite! Good times were had.

You guys should come down for The Hyph!

**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Drumheller"]We hope to see you at OrcCon in Feburary.[/quote]
Oh no no no -- it is [i]we[/i] who hope to see [i]you[/i] at OrcCon in February.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it for the morning session -- I would've liked to have checked out DCC. We'll have to get Monsieur Goodman down to Hyphen-Con next year to run it.

[i]Gamma World[/i], however, was fun, so I definitely got my money's worth.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Drumheller"]I like to thank all the San Diego guys who came up to the Fall RPG Rendezvous at DiceHouse today (Sunday October 24th)
[/quote]

Had a great time Louis!

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Drumheller"]If you need a [i]courier [/i]check with the [i]courtier[/i]. A classic moment indeed.[/quote]

That's what I get for letting a player choose NPCs stats for me :mrgreen:

Awesome time. Looking forward to the next one. Perhaps with some Blue Rose.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup