Starlost!!

Off-topic posts regarding science fiction and fantasy.
mordraine

Starlost!!

Post by mordraine »

Hi everybody! Remember this show?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

"keir dullea"? what a highly improbable name. gonna be my next traveller pc's name.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'll see your starlost and raise you.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i'll see your starlost and [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqB36FsglEE&feature=related]raise you[/url].[/quote]

I don't remember Star Lost but the raise one I do. How [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFgMGvFhGQY&NR=1]about this one[/url]

A friend of mine showed me this one on DVD...it has a scene in the openning sequence, not shown in the link, that Lucas used for the Hyper reactive core in Star Wars that Obi won shuts down

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

ha! cray-zeh.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I loved Time Tunnel growing up. I remember taking an old cardboard box and putting it on a hill in our backyard and playing Time Tunnel by rolling through the box. In fact, I was just JUST looking at the DVD set on Amazon last night. Weird coincidence.

I also watched Electra-Woman and Dyna-Girl all the time too. Cornball to the extreme.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Starlost I don't remember at all, but I have to admit, that's an awesome set-up for a show. I'd be great to see it brought back, given this day of re-imagining.

Electra Woman and Dyna Girl have the coolest theme song EVAR!

Here's my contribution to obscure TV shows.

-Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

that was... wow. how do they... wow.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Nice pull Chris
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Starlost I don't remember at all, but I have to admit, that's an awesome set-up for a show. I'd be great to see it brought back, given this day of re-imagining.

Electra Woman and Dyna Girl have the coolest theme song EVAR!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz2nSSdzXYc&feature=related]Here's my contribution[/url] to obscure TV shows.

-Chris[/quote]

I actually remember the first episode of that show. The bad guys are all androids and they carry laser guns which the hold upside-down to shoot.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Digital_Boy
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Digital_Boy »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Starlost I don't remember at all, but I have to admit, that's an awesome set-up for a show. I'd be great to see it brought back, given this day of re-imagining.

-Chris[/quote]

I downloaded the entire 1st (and only) season of Starlost after seeing this thread, and I have to agree.

I think someone like J. Michael Straczynski would be a good choice to do a remake.

Hell, given how Hollywood is recycling old shows, Starlost may just get remade.