Need four guinea pigs for PBEM experiment

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Need four guinea pigs for PBEM experiment

Post by Drew »

I am combining my two hobbies 3d and gaming -- and taking on-line "pen and paper" gaming into the 21st century.

In a nutshell the players will get a 3d map of the scene I created (complete with important NPCs, places etc) that will be updated as needed, a quicktime VR from their current location each round using the 3d map (with a bit more detail) and an animation of last round's actions as well as various other animations as needed.

Players will create a character and I will create their avatar and I will make it as close to your character as possible. Well this first time you will be using premade characters.

Players will describe to me what they are doing each round. When your character speaks, you will record it and send it to me and I will lip sync your avatar with it to add it to the animation. We will be using an on-line dice roller that automatically sends the results by email. Then I will be creating an animation of the action and that is how the players will learn the results. I have more than 3000 prebuilt moves that I will be using for the animations, and tweaking it some. In the future I will encourage my players to make their own moves for me to animate. This can be done with free software.

For the Alpha trial, I have picked Shadowrun quick start adventure "Food Fight" because it is short and the system I know best (other than DnD and I didn't want to use DnD).

Interested? I need four or five players for the Alpha trial and would prefer players with a working knowledge of shadowrun.
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I'll volunteer
Drew

Post by Drew »

Awesome! I'm working on a web site for this. I should have it up and running in a day or so. I've got the set, opening animations and initial NPCs done. Still working on the PCs and the bad guys but I am on Winter Break from work so I've got nothin but time...
Drew

Post by Drew »

P.S. I'm using the quick start guide characters.

http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/200 ... available/

Pick which one you want to play and let me know.

Bounty Hunter
Street Samurai
Hacker
Combat Mage
Drew

Post by Drew »

Okay I've got the foundations of the website up and running.

http://games.drewradley.com/
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Wow. That sounds extremely difficult. Keep us posted as to how it goes.