Three Days to Kill in the Dalelands, D&D 3.x

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Three Days to Kill in the Dalelands, D&D 3.x

Post by mrlost »

You and your team have just been handed a new job: disrupt a meeting between a bandit lord and his mysterious new allies. At a remote mountain villa, you will strike hard and fast and leave terror in your wake. They give you the tools. You provide the talent. Survive, and you'll be well rewarded. Fail, and you'll pay the price.

You've got three days to raise some hell.

Adapted for the Forgotten Realms...including 5 pregens:

THE LEADER
Artus Evenhand is a Dalesman ranger born forty summers past with power coursing through his veins. A descendant of a Chosen of Mystra, Spellfire is his birthright. Currently, he is leading the company south through the dales back to Immersea and taking whatever employment he can to off set the losses they incurred in their last unsuccessful venture. His mute lizardman friend, the priest Whistler, is going East to deliver their other fallen comrade Snoggi Ghostweasel to his clan in the Great Dale.
Artus is duty bound to deliver the half dissolved pieces of the corpse of a comrade killed by a black dragon to the Thundercrown noble family in Immersea for immediate burial.
He travels with the son of his former lover Maura Ornstead, a boy who believed Artus was his father until Artus bribed a wizard to dissuade the boy with some petty magic. The question of Haskar's parentage worries him as by all reckoning he hasn't been anything of a father to anyone.

THE WARRIOR
Anarzee Ni'Tessine is a Sun Elf from Evermeet, sworn to fight and kill the Drow that constantly threaten her homeland. She has dedicated her life to the eradication of all dark elves as revenge for those that ambushed and slew her betrothed, Elrohir Celebrindal, on their bridal voyage from the island sanctuary sixteen summers past. Toward that end she joined the Six of Swords when it was first founded and charged by the crown to hunt down Drow assassins that had struck out against the Thundersword nobles of Immersea. Anarzee is a bigot and a racist, she believes Gold Elves to be perfect and Drow to be monsters, while Orcs and Humans are merely vermin and chattel respectively. Strangely she has come to respect the strong, silent lizardman that others call Whistler. The recent misfortune has left Anarzee uncertain as to why she travels with men, however she is honor bound to deliver the body of her human comrade to his family in Immersea, much to her chagrin.

THE BASTARD
Haskar Ornstead is the son of a female Sembian mercenary, Maura Ornstead. He has been trained in the dual arts of sorcery and sword play by the best tutors his mother could employ. He ran away and joined the Six of Swords to track down his father, a Dalesman ranger named Artus, a few months ago. Artus didn't believe that a raven haired vicious young man could be his son, especially since he hadn't seen Maura Ornstead in nearly seventeen years. Artus paid a mage to test their blood and the mage told Haskar that Artus wasn't his father. Haskar is uncertain why his mother would lie, and doesn't suspect that his true progenitor was the god Bhaal, master of Assassination and Murder. Haskar has promised to accompany the remaining two members of the Six of Swords back to Immersea with the body of Calandor Thundersword before he resumes the search for his father. NOTE: You have incentive in the form of a blood note that can only be redeemed by Calandor's kin if at all. The payment of a bet.

THE TRAITOR
Svanhild Chernin is a Cyricist, murderess, thief and spy. Zhentil Keep assigned her to infiltrate the Six of Swords and watch Haskar Ornstead and if possible, convince him to join the Zhentarim. She didn't question her handler as to why, and has received instructions to meet with an armsdealer called Mulmer the Green in Chandlerscross to deliver her report. As a new hire in Swords she has been charged with cooking for the company as it travels south to Immersea with the remains of a fallen comrade. The fools suspect nothing. What is more, Svanhild has witnessed Artus Evenhand's magic immunity and realizes there is more to him than her masters are aware. One thing is certain, any kidnapping attempt against either will be difficult and dangerous, which is why she needs help from this Mulmer.
NOTE: As a member of the Zhentarim, you can receive a 10% discount on purchases made from other Zhent merchants and smugglers. Furthermore, you can reasonably expect aid from other members of the society in the completion of your mission. Also be aware your kind are hated and feared by the people of the Dales, so try to be subtle about your affiliation lest you find yourself gutted by the townsfolk.

THE PEACEMAKER
Deepwater is a cleric of Finder Wyvernspur, the god of renewal through art as well as the protector of the Saurial race. You left your people on a holy pilgrimage to the lands where Finder dwelt while he was still a mortal, and along the way made friends and helped found the Six of Swords adventuring company. You agreed to take the body of the gnome home to his family, and you did. Krom's uncle Baldur the Big was kind enough to teleport you the Dales, and you caught up with the Merchant Ithkur Onszibar on the road, who told he had left your friends in Scardale Town a day ago. You arrived in Scardale Town the following night and have spent the rest of your time searching for your friends (who call you Whistler and think you mute).
NOTE: Saurial speech is virtually inaudible to non-reptilian creatures, even their loudest screams sound like whistling to the ears of man, thus they must communicate in pantomime and the Thieves Cant sign language unless they resort to magic.

Again I'm willing to run this before the 19th if people are interested.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

It is the year of the Wyvern 1363 Dale Reckoning. It has been five years since the Time of Troubles when the gods of Faerun walked the world as men, and the power of magic failed.

Last year Amn's mercenaries established trade with far off Maztica, and the influx of massive amounts of stolen Maztican gold and other treasures have driven the price of grain and other commodities through the roof in Amn and its neighboring nations.

Founded just seven months ago, adventuring company known as the Six of Swords is based in the town of Archbridge in Archendale, and registered in Comyr and the Dales. Some weeks ago it suffered its first major setback, they tracked a pair of Drow assassins to some ancient ruins in the Flooded Forest of the Moonsea. They were surprised by a juvenile Black dragon and two of their number slain by its breath: a Gnome illusionist and a Comyrean noble. To make matters worse, they lost the trail of the Drow.

Whistler, the lizard-like Saurial cleric agreed to part ways and journey east with remains of the gnome to deliver him and his share of their treasure to the Ghostweasel clan in the Great Dale. The remaining half of the company traveled south and recruited a new member in Hillsfar, where they were hired by a caravan master from Amn to protect his caravan of exotic goods while it traveled to the port of Scardale Town for one hundred gold, half in advance.

Rightly fearing for his safety and more importantly of the exotic Maztican bananas, chocolate, coffee, and sugar cubes that his caravan carried, Ithkur Onszibar, the caravan master thought it best to acquire extra sell swords since it is widely known that no less than two bandit lords prey on small merchant caravans traveling overland to Scardale Town unless they have made exclusive arrangements with local trade council, an alliance of powerful guilds and rich merchant princes that seek to control the flow of goods through Scardale's principal port.

Upon arrival the caravan master from Amn paid your leader Artus with a letter of trade redeemable for fifty gold at the temple of Lathander in town, and then his men began unloading their cargo outside the market square.

Short on funds, and duty bound to deliver the body of the fallen nobleman the remaining Six of Swords have arrived in town on the eve of the Festival of Plenty.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Okay, how many folks are interested in this game? I can run it on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday at 6:00 or later.

I'm just trying to gauge interested here.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

put me down for tuesday or thursday.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I could probably do either Wed or Thurs.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Whee. I just got back. Whiskey. I never thought it would be so good. I mean I don't like alcohol. Anyway, sounds like Thursday is the day this shit is going down! I talked to a couple other folks who are interested, I'll have to get them on board for Thorsday, but I'm going to finnish this cheesy hot dog and have some pie before I even contemplate taht. Plus its getting hard to spell. properly.

Anyway, ooh I have bacon I can make into bacon. Nice. Goodness, I must be tipsy. Good whiskey. Too bad she couldn't make a corpse reviver #2. Damn good cocktail. Need to lok up drinking rules for D&D. Arms n Equipment guide.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Sounds like Thursday. Anyone else.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

where and at what time is this going down?
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

I vote my place, and like whenever. I'm good with whatever time works for you.

I figure most ppl aren't off work until 6 pm.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

see you at 6!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

that was tres awesome, mrlost. thank you for running it and for the pasta and pie!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Agreed. I liked that the module mostly let folks do things their own way (or seemed to anyhow).
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Also, I'm now very confused. I always thought Death in Freeport was the first d20 product, but from what I have read now it seems it may have been released the same day as Three Days to Kill (with arguments as to who got theirs on the floor of GenCon first, Green Ronin or Atlas Games). On top of that, The Wizard's Amulet (by Necromancer Games) also claims to be the first d20 adventure/product but was released in digital form, so who knows now? I say fudge it.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**