Clash of the Titans

Off-topic posts regarding science fiction and fantasy.
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Clash of the Titans

Post by Drew »

In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

They'll ruin it with all the CGI.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

FI-NAL-LY!
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="mordraine"]They'll ruin it with all the CGI.[/quote]

The mechanical owl has always been one of my favorite things. I really don't know that I want to see this remade.

"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Yeah Bubo kicks ass. Kicks C3P0 and R2D2's behinds in my book.

All I've got to say is Harryhausen better be heavily involved in any remake, the dude is one tough effects wizard.
Drew

Post by Drew »

what they should do is just digitally replace the old actors with the new and keep all the special effects. ;)
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

They should just get Harryhausen onboard and do the sequel to Clash he wrote all those years ago about the Trojans but couldn't be filmed because it was too special effects intensive (stop motion wise). They certainly should have at least one stop motion shot, I mean look at Coraline! Freaking awesome.
Dragonkin

Post by Dragonkin »

[quote="mrlost"]They should just get Harryhausen onboard and do the sequel to Clash he wrote all those years ago about the Trojans but couldn't be filmed because it was too special effects intensive (stop motion wise). They certainly should have at least one stop motion shot, I mean look at Coraline! Freaking awesome.[/quote]

I definitely agree. I think that with the advances made in the medium, modern stop motion is just as impressive as CGI, and in some cases, even better. Can any of us [i]really[/i] picture Jack Skelington CG?

I also agree with Neuro. Why must the classics be harvested and ruined when Hollywood has run out of ideas? Go rape another novel (or series of novels), ya vultures!!

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

If the movie sucks (and it most certainly will)...

It was all Jimmy Corrigan's fault.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mordraine"]If the movie sucks (and it most certainly will)...

[size=167]It was all Jimmy Corrigan's fault.[/size][/quote]
[img]http://classes.design.ucla.edu/si06/student_html/desma2/sessionA/drew/narrative/referee.jpg[/img]

opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Hey, I've been a fan of Ray's since my childhood (yeah, yeah, I know most of you weren't even born yet...) and would love to see him help out but give him a break here...he's 88 years old and probably enjoying his retirement. If they do get him to help, you're right, though, they should do the sequel instead. Hey maybe Hamlin can play Zeus (heh heh heh).
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

[quote="opwunder"]Hey, I've been a fan of Ray's since my childhood (yeah, yeah, I know most of you weren't even born yet...) and would love to see him help out but give him a break here...he's 88 years old and probably enjoying his retirement. If they do get him to help, you're right, though, they should do the sequel instead. Hey maybe Hamlin can play Zeus (heh heh heh).[/quote]

Actually he just released a film two years ago, a book last year, and is supposed to be working on colorizing his old films right now! So don't count him out. I saw him at the Comic-Con in 2005, and was impressed.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mrlost"]I saw him at the Comic-Con in 2005, and was impressed.[/quote]same here. i picked up his early works retrospective dvd. that guy's a genius.