Post by Cthulhu »

Are we on for today?
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Cthulhu"]Are we on for today?[/quote]
Today?! Er, I mean -- today? I'm pretty sure we haven't yet scheduled our next rendons-nous. At least, I hope we didn't, because I'm not available today.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Nah, John is just confused. We did schedule it though.... for the 10th of January I believe.

Bruce Campbell was awesome, as was 'My Name is Bruce'. Mord missed out.

=sam
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey, so do we have a next game scheduled? Since it'll be Dale's last chance to join us for a while, we should probably find out what Saturday would be best for him (because they're all good for me, as far as I know).

(Because I know Sam said he thought we had one scheduled for the 10th, but I don't really see anything supporting that, so... just checking.)
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'm down for whenever, and i'm sure dale would be up for any weekend in january.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]Hey, so do we have a next game scheduled? Since it'll be Dale's last chance to join us for a while, we should probably find out what Saturday would be best for him (because they're all good for me, as far as I know).

(Because I know Sam said he thought we had one scheduled for the 10th, but I don't really see anything supporting that, so... just checking.)[/quote]

It is the 10th. We decided the date at the last game.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Yeah, that was our verbal decision (i think spearheaded by Mike, even if he does not remember ;))

I don't believe we actually resorted to any board discussion this last time, as it seemed we reached a consensus in person (crazy!). Perhaps a re-confirm is in order? I'm ok for the 10th. Albert & Dale & Chris have already confirmed, more or less.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I am good for the 10th. So put me down in the confirmed column.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

So it's settled, then: At the next ad-hoc committee meeting, the prospect of playing on the 10th will be raised and put to a vote. Now, when are we having that committee meeting?
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

*pounds gavel* as per parliamentary procedure, whereas dale is not present, it is possible to declare the chair vacant and move to table the issue until a postponed time, forthwith. j/k lol!!!1!

*takes off powdered wig and robe* we can game on the 10th.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

*takes back robe and powdered wig angrily*

If I say you can't borrow my robe and wig, that doesn't mean you can go and take them instead.
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

lulz!

question: what's a "back robe"?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]lulz!

question: what's a "back robe"?[/quote]

I'm [i]taking back [/i]my robe. You took it, and I'm taking it [i]back[/i].

Fuck, I'm bored. You'd think I was at work.

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

yeah, i was fuckin' wit' 'ou.

bored, eh? you want to play hunter on friday at mord's?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]yeah, i was fuckin' wit' 'ou.

bored, eh? you want to play hunter on friday at mord's?[/quote]

Eff yeah, but I got shit to do.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

where the heck is John? we're all online but him.... shouldn't we just start game now?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]where the heck is John? we're all online but him.... shouldn't we just start game now?[/quote]
Yes... we start game now.

Mike Olson
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

sweet, I say we rig one of these islands with propulsion and make it our own mega-ship...

Actually, I did that with a derelict asteroid one time in a mechwarrior game...
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i rolled 8 exploding d12's in a row! i swear.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

pfft.. you guys are all dice-teases. I'm gonna go read or whatever till it is actually game time.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]pfft.. you guys are all dice-teases. I'm gonna go read or whatever till it is actually game time.[/quote]

i'll be here.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

okay i'm going to bed.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]okay i'm going to bed.[/quote]

Go to Bread?

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Woo hoo! A fine time last night, fellas. The Sundered Skies are as safe as they'll ever be, I suppose, which doesn't really seem all that safe, and John and Chris missed out on a sweet off-the-cuff Star Wars one-shot by the increasingly inaccurately named dnd3eplayer.
Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

yes. high fives all around! that was a satisfying conclusion to the 'skies, and i enjoyed our great aphrodisiac caper in star wars. thanks to our gm's, mord and dnd3e, and special props to our host for putting up with our shit until the wee hours.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]yes. high fives all around! that was a satisfying conclusion to the 'skies, and i enjoyed our great aphrodisiac caper in star wars. thanks to our gm's, mord and dnd3e, and special props to our host for putting up with our shit until the wee hours.[/quote]

yeah, that bastard is damn hospitable.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

BTW, the backstory for Sundered Skies really is interesting, even though nobody was especially interested in hearing it at midnight (and understandably so). It's probably the coolest thing about the setting, yet the way things are set up the players will never get to know it. I recommend borrowing Andy's book next time you're over there and reading that section, just for, y'know, closure.
Mike Olson
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]BTW, the backstory for Sundered Skies really is interesting, even though nobody was especially interested in hearing it at midnight (and understandably so). It's probably the coolest thing about the setting, yet the way things are set up the players will never get to know it. I recommend borrowing Andy's book next time you're over there and reading that section, just for, y'know, closure.[/quote]

That seems to be a problem with a lot of setting. The coolest parts aren't even relevant to play.

Anyway, I was listening. Planet was originally a prison. Guardians put in boxes. Demon farted world cracked. The rest is history.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="cczernia"]Anyway, I was listening. Planet was originally a prison. Guardians put in boxes. Demon farted world cracked. The rest is history.[/quote]
There's more. I read less than a tenth of it to you. I did a lot of summarizing and glossing because people were restless, but no kidding, it's worth reading.

Mike Olson
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]people were restless, but no kidding, it's worth reading.[/quote]

When were we restless :twisted:

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="cczernia"]That seems to be a problem with a lot of setting. The coolest parts aren't even relevant to play.[/quote]

i despise that about much of published rpg settings. i wish there was an easy way to solve that problem, without having the gm resort to exposition theater.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i despise that about much of published rpg settings. i wish there was an easy way to solve that problem, without having the gm resort to exposition theater.[/quote]
Yeah, that was my immediate criticism about Sundered Skies as soon as I read that bit. "Very cool -- but it's almost literally impossible for the players to actually find out any of this in-character." That's why, for my boon, I asked to know it.

A lot of Paranoia adventures are like that, too. Hilarious, but mostly on the GM's side of the screen. "Orcbusters" was a classic example of that.

Mike Olson