The Club House

All kinds of spooky goodness. A forum for the discussion of horror RPGs.

Who do it?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:59 pm

Obstain from voting because I need more facts
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

Skyman
Proud Regent

The Club House

Post by Skyman »

The body of Jervous lies on the Club House floor covered by a tarp. Silence falls among the group and the crackling of the fire place sets an eerie sense through out the room.
You look around and you see:
1)Don Al Dente
2)"Mr. Smith"
3)Donna Eis
4)Ephram Freemantle
5)Rainbow Earthfriend
6)Eli Sway

All of them are standing around the body. The silence breaks when....

(Please feel free to add color and beer bottle items in the room)
The game begins
Uber_snotling
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Uber_snotling »

Rainbow angrily mutters, "This is a disgrace," as she walks over to the couch to grab an alpaca wool blanket.

"We shouldn't kowtow to the petrochemical industry even in death! Who knows what toxic chemicals are seeping into Jervous' body even now? They'll poison the earth when he is buried."

Rainbow then nudges the tarp away from the body and covers the corpse with the alpaca blanket. During the transfer, she allows the face to remain uncovered for a few seconds to allow everyone to see the corpse.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

A soft meow escapes from the stray in Don Al Dente's arms, discontent at the interruption in the broad-handed strokes down its back. "Murder." The voice is like burlap dragged over sharp gravel, his eyes suspiciously taking in the rest of the room. "That expression, I have seen it before." Leather wingtips pace the hard wood floors, taking up residence near the fireplace beneath an overly ornate high-backed chair. "This man died . . . terrified."
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

"Obviously," answers Ms. Donna Eis, her voice slightly muffled through the scarf drawn over her nose and mouth. Her eyes are wide and unblinking as she stares, transfixed, at the body, even after it has been reshrouded in the blanket. "But why? He may have been a terrible innkeeper, but he was a lovely cook. And why then cover the body, unless the killer were ashamed, somehow, or had known him?" One elongate finger tap, tap, taps nervously at the rim of her mug. She holds it up to her face to breathe its peppermint vapors through her scarf.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

"What's going on?" Ephram gasps as he sees the body. "Who did this? I don't know any of you people!" Ephram watches the gathering people around the body, his suspicious gaze magnified by very thick glasses. He backs into a corner of the room.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

A nondiscript man in a black suit raises his right hand to his ear and nods after moment. He lookes over the group, but no one is sure of his emotional state, if, indeed, he has one, as his eyes are hidden behind a pair of pitch black sun glasses.

"I agree with Mr. Al Dente. This man was murdered. And it is obvious that one of you did it."

He looks coldly down at the body, and then pulls a pen and pad of paper out of his jacket.

"I believe that it is best we determine where each of us was last night. Mr. Ephram, I'll start with you."
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

"Well," Ephram responds, "I had dinner with Esther and Robert at the Denny's around three." Ephram bites his lower lip, and unconsciously adjusts his chest high pants. "Then I went home and watched Jeopardy. I guess I dozed off after that. Why are you askin' me first anyhow. I am decent hard working man!" The anger that's built up in his eases away and his unclenches his fists and slumps back into a chair.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

*Under the alpaca wool blanket the body of Jervous begins to stiffen from the rigor mortis and the scent of death chokes the air*
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

"Mr. Smith," murmurs Donna, "You presume quite a bit. Are you, perhaps, a police officer? Should we not now attempt to contact the police? Has anyone tried the phones?"
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

"I presume nothing, Ms. Eis. I go only by facts. However, contacting the police may be a wise move. I propose that said contact be made in front of everyone, preferably on a speaker phone."

(OOC: I will be away from my computer for the next few days, but I'll be back next Tuesday).
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

The cat stands, stretches, and leaps to the floor, the chair legs a slalom course as it relocates to the windowsill. "I mean you no disrespect, but you seem very quick to point the blame at someone else." His eyes work their way carefully over the other suited man's nondescript features, eyebrows rising. "You also seem very confident that the killer is in this room." He sweeps his palms against each other, the cat hair catching the firelight as it descends to the floor, and clasps his hands.
Seraph
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Seraph »

Eli Sway takes another swig from the bottle and looks the group over once again, until his gaze rests on Al Dente.
"Callin' no police won't get us nowhere. Tha killer is likely in this room, right now. They say yer likely to be murdered by someone ya already know."
Eli drops his gaze and stares at the ground for a second before taking another swig. He once again surveys the group.
"I'm not sure who dun it yet, but I ain't gun git killed sober."
Uber_snotling
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Uber_snotling »

"I'm feeling negative energy pulsing through the room. Can we try to avoid this confrontation and just discuss our feelings about the situation?" Rainbow inhales deeply and closes her eyes meditatively. Unfortunately, the stink of death permeating the room ruptures her focus and draws her back to the now.

"And let us move the body outside to return it to nature," as she digs through her large rainbow colored hemp handbag and retrieves a flask of patchouli oil, "before it drives all of us out to nature." She dabs a few drops of the heavily scented oil on her upper lip, on the nape of her neck, and her belly then stoppers the flask with a cork. She drops the flask back in her handbag which she leaves on the table, then bends her knees deeply to grab the legs of the dead man.

"Who is with me?"
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

The lights flicker once, then die. In the darkness is the sound hurried movement, then a shout. At first the shout is surprised, then horrified. It's followed by a few fearful screams and the roar of a gunshot. The gathered people disperse to the edges of the room as another body drops with a wet smack on the floorboards. As everyones' eyes adjust to the dim firelight, the corpse of Mr Smith is visible in a pool of blood that creeps outward from underneath him. His dead eyes are open as he stares, terrified, at the ceiling.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

*Maggots start festering around Jervous's eye ball and yellowish green oooz spills from the side of the mouth as Rainbow lifts his feet*
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Flickering matchlight illuminates elongate fingers, casting a bird-like claw shadow on the wall behind Ms. Eis. Glass and metal clack against each other as she lights a hurricane lamp and holds it aloft.

The singer's voice quavers as she says, suddenly, "I'm sure he was hiding something, the way he hurried to accuse us all. Surely we're safer now." She doesn't manage to sound very sure as she looks around the room at each of the remaining individuals. "Although, perhaps, if that becomes necessary again, we could go outside." Her nose wrinkles as she looks down at the still-spreading pool of blood. She edges back from it.

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

"Look how they massacred that boy." Jowels sway like heavy curtains as Don Al Dente sadly shakes his head, approaching the room's latest victim. A weathered hand slides into the corpse's black jacket, coming away with a laminate card stained crimson. "Paladin private security." The card is held aloft for all to inspect. "It would seem Mr. Smith was not Jervous's murderer, but rather in his employ as a bodyguard."
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Ms. Eis gulps and puts the lantern on a low table before she drops it. "Oops."

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

In the shadows at night a figure can be seen walking away from the group as they slept. Another silhoutte follows to investigate....
A whisper "So now you know?"
A deep exhale "...Obviously."

[Break]

At the break of dawn the morning sunlight falls on the rotting corpse of Jervous. Mr. Smith body lies next to him uncovered. A third dead body lays next to them...it is Donna Eis. Her left hand has a scarf. Closer observation of the scarf uncovers a taunt wire garrote. In her purse you find a wallet with a police badge and an ID that says Police Detective Donna Eis.
You look at how she died and wonder what sort of thing would do this?
Uber_snotling
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Uber_snotling »

"Praise the earth goddess, but people are dropping like flies! We'll each have to carry a body now. "
Rainbow wraps her hands around the alpaca to avoid contact with the decaying Jervous and proceeds to unceremoniously drag the dead bodies out of the house. "Going to need more patchouli."
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Ephram eyes the remaining people in the room warily. "Which one of you did this?" He skirts the edges of the room as he enters, avoiding the three remaining people. "All of you just stay back, and where I can see you."
Seraph
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Seraph »

Eli eyes the jittery Ephram, but looks back at Rainbow once again. "You sure are awfully determined to git rid of them there bodies."

Eli pulls out his flask and takes a swig, smacking his lips as he finishes drinking. He then pulls a chair off to the side and sits down facing the group, back to a wall. "I'm gonna sit here and watch lil' miss thang there get blood all over her hands some more."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

*A sanguine trail smears the floor in the wake of Jervous's body as it is dragged to the snow in Hotel garden maze.*
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

A white handkerchief lands on the smeared blood, a wingtip coming down on it as it slides towards the door. "What a mess." Don Al Dente looks to Ephram, shaking his head slowly. "I didn't do this. Unfortunately I'm sure everyone else will say the same. What we need to do is look at the evidence." The room is paced in deliberate fashion, first approaching Eli. "You drink, it could be out of guilt. But I too could use a drink, so it is far from definitive." Ephram is approached next, cautiously and at some distance. "You throw about suspicions easily, but I am doing the same right now. I'm sure we're all evaluating which one of us is a murderer."

He exhales sharply and turns to face Rainbow, "Unless, of course, we are the murderer. Your motives, my dear, escape me. You seem quite unperturbed that a killer is among us, in fact you only seem concerned with tidying up." A swift kick is aimed at the crimson handkerchief, sending it arcing out into the snow. "I can't say I've known cleanliness to be much of a priority to flower children such as yourself, although the scent of patchouli masking other foulness is spot on."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

*Sun rises in the morning breaking through the glass pane window in the club house. It seems no one slept. The black crows appear to have gathered outside on three snow mounds where Rainbow had moved the victims bodies. There is an air of temprary relief filtering the room as there is not another person found dead. The fire place crackles, breaking the silence, to remind everyone that there is a killer among you and momentary inaction only leaves open another night for someone to die.*
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Another day goes by and it seems that the killer has not killed again
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I can't vote. It says I already have, but it's lying.