Nuke an unborn gay whale... for Jesus!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Racist=Stupid

Post by Skyman »

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

He's a really beautiful kid in that picture, too. Not that beating up ugly people is okay, just that it makes it even harder for me to get my head around, like how could even some crazy racist person beat a beautiful child, for fuck's sake?
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

I fear that the title of the thread says it all...

and it all makes me sad!

My step-mother, fresh from Texas, when she married my father (I was 6 years old) told me something that I remember to this day. "I never shake hands with a N****!"

"Why?"

"It will rub off on to me!"

This woman was in chrage of twenty people at a printing plant before she married my Dad and moved to S.CA. She had an A.A. and considered herself to be liberal.

Toi this day (50+ years later), she won't talk about it but she still won't willingly let a black person into her house. Don't let me get started about hoe she feels about homosexuality!!!

racism is ignorance It unfortunately is self replicating ignorance ladled out as gospel in most places.

at times, I just shudder and wonder if everything I and friends have done in the past has truly made a difference. We will see how long our president elect stays our president. I hope, I pray to all and every godsd that be, that he lives long...and prospers!
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner