minis painting?

A 1st ed AD&D Greyhawk Campaign run by dnd3eplayer
jimmy corrigan

minis painting?

Post by jimmy corrigan »

when i last left mord's this past monday there was tenuous talk of minis painting on saturday. is this happening? if so, what time?
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I was just going to send a PM to that effect.

I'd like to do some more painting this Saturday. Of course that entails Sam being available, as it is his paints and other equipment we use every time. I'll even chip in and buy some new matte sealer! I think that eventually I will buy my own paints too. I just enjoy mini painting way WAY too much not to have my own stuff.

But in the meantime - Sam, John, Albert, anyone else who's interested... What say you?

Perhaps we can finish the Freeport thing we started at the first painting party we had...
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'd like to come! there's this baby's first birthday bash i need to go to first, but i could make it afterward. pending dnd3e's availability, i'm looking forward!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

If someone could finish off my wacky jumping-with-knives guy I started, I'd be much obliged, because I am by no means up to the task there.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Sounds good. I've got lizards to paint, and I found some old CoC minis too.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Sounds cool. Let me know when and where, please, oh great one?
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Simon - assuming Sam is available, it'll be Saturday, probably starting around 3pm or so. Best guess...
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

My wife is running a 5k in the morning but I think I will be free

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Hm... I hadn't really recalled anything specific actually being setup for this Saturday. I do have Viking Fest to go to that day, so I'm probably booked until later in the afternoon.

I am down for later, but time may be factor and/or my level of drunkenness due to the fest. I could drop off the paints and stuff if you guys want to get started without me and then I could join you later, the above stipulations permitting...
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="devlin1"]If someone could finish off my wacky jumping-with-knives guy I started, I'd be much obliged, because I am by no means up to the task there.[/quote]

How about someone else just paint my copy of that mini really well, you know, to show you up & whatnot? That's just as good, right? ;)

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]How about someone else just paint my copy of that mini really well, you know, to show you up & whatnot? That's just as good, right? ;)[/quote]
Unless he has a Warlord Purple cape, green shoes, and a yellow hat, I don't see how I could possibly be "shown up and whatnot" by someone else.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Well, you do get extra points for a randomly rolled color scheme, I'll give you that.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Sam:

What time does the Viking Fest start and end, and where is it?
Is it a big hassle to drop off your equipment?

I ask because I don't want to completely inconvenience you and your plans. I can try to find a good set of paints around town.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="mordraine"]Sam:

What time does the Viking Fest start and end, and where is it?

Is it a big hassle to drop off your equipment?

I ask because I don't want to completely inconvenience you and your plans. I can try to find a good set of paints around town.[/quote]

'Fest starts at about 11am, but I'll be there a bit later I think. I'll likely be done by 6, plus travel time (regular travel time for me, as the thing is in Vista relatively close to my house) - I don't think i'll make the painting session, but I'm down for some rpg action afterward for sure.

I will be down your way this evening, but I may or may not be leaving straight from work, so that's up in the air (as I don't have my paints in my car right at the moment or anything). It's not a big deal to drop stuff off though, as I think I will be at least as far south as Del Mar in the morning before the fest.

So.. I should be able to drop off the stuff without much inconvenience either tonight or tomorrow, no worries there.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Well that would be mighty neighborly of you to get the stuff out to us. Gimme a call later to arrange.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

another awesome paint & game sesh. thanks again for the paint, dnd3e! thanks again for the venue in which to paint, mord!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]another awesome paint & game sesh. thanks again for the paint, dnd3e! thanks again for the venue in which to paint, mord![/quote]
What'd you guys play without me? And did anyone finish painting my guy?

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

We played a session of Freeport.

And no one painted your guy. Sorry. Not yet anyway.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

it was cool