Looking To Give Fourth Edition A Try?

Seeking players or a GM?
SDSkuld
One-Armed Skeleton

Looking To Give Fourth Edition A Try?

Post by SDSkuld »

I've ordered the first fourth edition D&D module, Keep on the Shadowfell, because I want to see if 4E is as good as the hype. But I need players. And a place to play since I have no air conditioning in my tiny apartment.

The module comes out next week, a month ahead of the rulebooks, but it has pre-gen characters and enough rules to play with, I'm told. I do not plan to start a campaign with, merely to see if 4E is a system worth playing a real game with.

I'm flexible on the day of the week, save for Friday when I'm playing in a different game. It's just a matter of seeing when people can get together.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

There'll be a bunch of 4E games and demos at GameX over Memorial Day Weekend -- another fine opportunity to check out the future of gaming.

I've preordered H1 too, but I don't really expect to get it before GameX.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
ekomega
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by ekomega »

I'm in, depending on the scheduling. I don't have a place to play, though.

I'm only interested in seeing it for 1 or 2 games, maybe. I run a regular bi-weekly game, so I can't really fit a whole adventure in.
SDSkuld
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by SDSkuld »

[quote="devlin1"]There'll be a bunch of 4E games and demos at GameX over Memorial Day Weekend -- another fine opportunity to check out [i]the future of gaming[/i].[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that, but while I am excited about 4E, I am not Drive-To-Los-Angeles excited. ^^

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I picked up KotS today at Borders; apparently, lots (if not all) of their stores have them on the shelves already.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
ekomega
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by ekomega »

Just downloaded it. Thanks for the heads up.
ekomega
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by ekomega »

Game Empire, Pair A Dice, and Artifex (in Mira Mesa) are both hosting DnD Game Day on June 7th, where you can preview 4E, etc. There's also a place in Oceanside.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="ekomega"]Game Empire, Pair A Dice, and Artifex (in Mira Mesa) are both hosting DnD Game Day on June 7th, where you can preview 4E, etc. There's also a place in Oceanside.[/quote]

I would assume it is

House of Armand

406 Mission Ave, Oceanside, CA 92054 Phone: (760) 722-6483

ekomega
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by ekomega »

Yes, it is.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="Skyman"]I would assume it is

House of Armand

406 Mission Ave, Oceanside, CA 92054 Phone: (760) 722-6483[/quote]

Huh. I thought that place closed down quite a while back...

mongo

Call them before you go!

Post by mongo »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Huh. I thought that place closed down quite a while back...[/quote]

If you're after something specific, call them before you go. I was in there today, and I was disappointed. It's in the same place, but they have cut way back on their RPG materials.

They still have some core D&D books, and plan to be involved with Game Day, but they have cut their RPG inventory by about 90%. They say they will order stuff for you, but if you want to flip through a book before you buy it, you might find more stuff elsewhere. Barnes & Noble ( almost anywhere ) has more RPG stock on their shelves, than these guys did, as of today at least. In there defense, they said they went through a "liquidation" of all the stuff that wasn't moving, and are planning to re-stock the store, in the next month, or so. Time will tell.

Pain is temporary, Pride is forever.
SDSkuld
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by SDSkuld »

[quote="ekomega"]Game Empire, Pair A Dice, and Artifex (in Mira Mesa) are both hosting DnD Game Day on June 7th, where you can preview 4E, etc. There's also a place in Oceanside.[/quote]

But I don't want to wait until June 7. That is many many days away. I want to start playing noooowwwww! ^^

ekomega
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by ekomega »

FYI, the WotC website has a 6th character sheet, for a Tiefling Warlord, available for download. Also, they present an alternate skill challenge for the final encounter of the adventure. Check 'em out.
ekomega
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by ekomega »

Also, of note, the half-elf is missing a daily power, and Mike Mearls (of WotC) says to allow him to pick one of any of the other party members dailies and to use it as written.
ekomega
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by ekomega »

Somebody run a game this weekend! I want to create a dwarf warlord from the PHB.
MikeB
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by MikeB »

Hey did anyone ever get a 4 e game going? I would be interested in playing.
geoffnsandiego

Looking to Start Up weekly 4e Campaign

Post by geoffnsandiego »

I'm a long time DnD player and I'm itching to start a new 4e Campaign. Preferably Thursday nights at 6pm. I can't host though, my condo is a bit too small. I live in Hillcrest, so something in the vicinity would be good. I am open to other times/days.

Geoff
SDSkuld
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by SDSkuld »

I had to double-check to make sure this wasn't my original post, as I am running a 4E game on Thursday nights and my place is too small to host. But I start at 6:30, not 6:00. This was the crucial clue. Also, the game ended up being played up in Mira Mesa.
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Drew »

So are there TWO 4e games on thursdays? One at 6 - still looking for a home - and one at 6:30 in Mira Mesa?

If that is correct, I have space to host at my condo in North Park, a group of six or seven. However, I can't start until 6:15ish and have a cat which might be a problem for those with allergies. I'd like to do every other week, but could be do weekly if every else wants.
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
SDSkuld
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by SDSkuld »

Great! Can we start tonight? My players bailed on me. ^^
Spaccone

Game needed...

Post by Spaccone »

Good thing I just switched my days off from Tue / Wed to Thur / Fri. Are you still needing / wanting more players? I'd love to check out 4E. I'm in La Mesa, but it's not that far (at least not too far for a good game). Let me know; have dice, will travel!

Thanks,
Spaccone
Spaccone

4e? Still room?

Post by Spaccone »

I'd love to try 4e, though I must admit I switched to other systems after 1st Ed, did a very little 3e, and recently tried a stint at 2ed.
I'm fairly available, may be able to host, but can't GM to save my life.
Please, please? I'll even try out new classes and alignments, promise!

Spaccone
ekomega
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by ekomega »

Alignments don't matter in 4E anyway. :P