SilCore RPG Bash

Seeking players or a GM?
Steel Sage

SilCore RPG Bash

Post by Steel Sage »

I am looking for a handful of capable role players to build a massive epic. I am going to advertise what I can bring to the table (pun intented) and see where we can go from there...

Keep in mind, all miniatures are 1/144 scale (including the 40K forces and fantasy figs) in addition to conversion material for AD&D, Rifts, Shadowrun, Warmachine, Cyberpunk, Vampire, Werewolf and Mage.

Heavy Gear:
- 250 gears and striders for North, South and Badlands with infantry; complete tank support for north and south
- complete mechanized company of NEC (30 frames, 20 hover tanks, 20 HAPC's and 20 GREL squads) w/ complete space fleet (36 vessels from a Gateship to gunboats)
- Atlantean power armor (APES)
- Utopian power armor and vehicles w/ drones
- Sand Rider infantry (10 squads)
- numerous misc. infantry, vehicles and aircraft

Warhammer 40,000:
- Imperium: Several Space Marine chapters, Inquisition with Grey Knights, large Imperial Guard forces and specialized titans with a space fleet to move them.
- Chaos: Iron Warriors Army: massive space fleet and extensive terrestrial forces with specialized Titan support.
- Eldar & Dark Eldar- Small space fleet with infantry and walkers for both.
- Necrons: massive infantry and Gear sized units.
- Orks: The Kult of Speed

Misc. Fantasy Forces:
- Bretonnian Army
- Chaos Horde
- Elvin Army
- Orky Army
- Undead Horde
- Numerous large individual creatures such as dragons, gryphons, aboleth, beholders and other nasties

If you have any ideas, hit me up. I can corresond via email and I will be back in SD on 03FEB. It would be awesome to kick off a storyline when I get back.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Welcome to the board Steel Sage!

Sounds pretty grand. I hope you get some hits from the locals and folks looking for games
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Steel Sage"]I am looking for a handful of capable role players to build a massive epic. [/quote]
I'm confused -- are you proposing an RPG or a minis campaign?

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Devlin1 it might be coincidence but have you noticed that when you left for the OC/Irvine that Hero players popped up...and now after Count Zero went North we have Silcore with his Heavy gears and mini stuff
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Skyman"]Devlin1 it might be coincidence but have you noticed that when you left for the OC/Irvine that Hero players popped up...and now after Count Zero went North we have Silcore with his Heavy gears and mini stuff[/quote]
Yeah, no kidding. The timing couldn't be worse for CZ. The guy's only been gone for what, a couple weeks? I have less room to complain when a HERO opportunity pops up after I've been away from San Diego for three years.

Isn't To Peace still into Heavy Gear?

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Skyman"]Devlin1 it might be coincidence but have you noticed that when you left for the OC/Irvine that Hero players popped up...and now after Count Zero went North we have Silcore with his Heavy gears and mini stuff[/quote]

No shit...

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Steel Sage

Post by Steel Sage »

I didn't know CZ went north, bummer. Where to Big J?

To offer a little definition to the game I envision, I see a combined RP/miniatures campaign. Anything that involves large numbers of miliitary grade hardware will likely be done as a miniatures battle, unless the battle is only a plot device.

The campaign, itself, can include any themes the group is interested in, it is really up to the players. I can easily scale from gritty to cinematic. Also, if there is something you have been wanting to try we can give it a whirl, I have no problem handing off the torch or co-GM'ing.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Steel Sage"]I didn't know CZ went north, bummer. Where to Big J?[/quote]

The Bay Area. I got hired as a designer for the America's Army video game. It is one of the coolest jobs I have ever had.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Neni
One-Armed Skeleton

Are you still looking?

Post by Neni »

What area of San Diego are you in? My husband and I aren't familiar with this system, but we are both competent role players and looking for a game. Would we need to bring our own minitures? We have a few, mostly fantasy.
"Sanity is for the Weak" Amber Panyko