Smartmonkeys A/State Game

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Right, so I'm going to run a one shot of A/State in the near future with the thursday night group. I have 5 pregen characters, and I can make more as we get more commited players. I'd reccomend taking a look at A/State light, available here: http://www.contestedground.co.uk/downloads.html

Of the five characters, 3 are female. Since this is a vastly male group so far, I'm going to allow gender-bending for 2 of the female characters. And, the five are:

Derrick Meribel: A two bit mugger who does what he has to in order to make the cash and settle down with his girlfriend, Anastasia. Stoic, quiet, and dreaming of better days to come.

Anastasia Cable: Derricks girlfriend. Annoying, wheedling, and probably the best procurer of goods and services in the area. She wants to get out of this mess as much as Derrick does.

Lucillia Vredstein (gender-bendable): An ex-mike fighter pilot recently discharged. Seemingly psychotic, and not half bad with a knife.

Oliver Corbel: A ghostfighter slumming with a streetgang until his bad reputation for getting clients killed fades a bit. Ruthless, and efficent.

Nathaly Underbridge (gender-bendable): The gangs negotiator and intimidation tool. She was second in command until just about, oh, 30 seconds ago... she happens to know where most of the gangs debtors live.

The characters are member of a small gang - their leader just mouthed off to the boss of the powerful Hohler gang, and is now cooling on the floor of a quite dirty lavoratory. The gang has three hours to rustle up the 5,000 pounds they owe the Hohler gang, or they're likely to lose limbs and end up in prison. If they succeed, they get to keep their extremities and freedom.

Extra characters will be members of the Hohler gang assigned to assist the newbs - probably because they pissed the boss off.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

as a note... I just found that A/state has a small rules... gap... for one of the pre-gens. He uses two knives in combat. There are no rules for two weapon fighting. The suggestion on the forums for the game suggest a -20% for the first knife, and -40% for the second, and that looks about right to me.

BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Dibs on Oliver!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Yo, I'm not gonna be here for this week's Spellslinger and I also won't be around next week for a|state! Looks like I'm gonna miss two cool games! Shit!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, where is the One-shot gonna be held these weeks? I may be able to make it this week, as I am trying to get my brakes fixed on Wednesday. So, we'll see... :nono:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

This week is Spellslinger at it will be at Games Empire.

I have no problem doing the gender bender thing. I'll call dibs on Nathaly. BTW why isn't Anastasia available for cross gender play????
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]So, where is the One-shot gonna be held these weeks? I may be able to make it this week, as I am trying to get my brakes fixed on Wednesday. So, we'll see... :nono:[/quote]

This Thursday will be at Game Empire. Not so sure about A/State, guess that's up to Smartmonkey, but I'd recomend GE. Worked well for Chris' Jovian Chronicals game.

Chris

Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]This Thursday will be at Game Empire. Not so sure about A/State, guess that's up to Smartmonkey, but I'd recomend GE. Worked well for Chris' Jovian Chronicals game.[/quote]

Mordraine like to host games because that is the only way he can play on Thursdays. If Mordraine is unavailable than we play at Games Empire.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Mostly because her relationship with Derrick is fairly important... both characters are rather built around the other, and I just can't see the same deal going on if we start switching 'em around.

In any case, I'll go ahead and post some quotes from the pregens:

Derrick: "Your money or your kneecaps! Fair enough, kneecaps it is!"

Anastasia: "Go on. Oh please. Go on. Go on, go on, go on! Oh come now, you know I can't afford that!"

Lucillia: "Fuck you, you fucking fuck! Just give me the fucking money or I'll fucking have you!"

Oliver: "Is that meant to alarm me? Come on now, you can do better than that."

Nathaly: "No, you can't buy your way out of this. Yes, we don know where you live. Aaaah... now you're talking sense."

Lucillias is hillarious. Anyways, some clarifications on -what- exactly each one of these folks do:

Derrick mugs people.

Anastasia is a fixer/facilitator of sorts

Lucillia is a cutpurse with some mental problems.

Oliver is a ghostfighter - a type of bodyguard specializing in dual knives and stealth.

Nathaly is a sort of leader/negotiator type.

Once these slots are filled (BoC already called oliver), I'll work up a few more for anyone else wanting to play...

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

If only I didn't work thursdays.. I would really like to try this game out...

Jonathan
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Ill be there. If we are calling characters ahead of time on the boards again Ill play Oliver or Lucilla...though I think maybe we should wait to call characters til we actually see who shows up to the game.
Its never too early to be a bastard!
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

No way man. I called it. Mine, Mine, Mine.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Lucilla is someone I could play well....very well:) Infernious I can see you as Derrick or the negotiator
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Skyman"]Lucilla is someone I could play well....very well:) Infernious I can see you as Derrick or the negotiator[/quote]

As long as he get to play someone confrontational he'll be ok. Derrick or Lucillia (which sounds a lot like Lucita, hmmmm :wink: )

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Nah, Lucillia is way cooler. She's got scars, and stuff. Plus her quote features gratuitous cursing. Always a plus.

Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

I'd like to play Derrick. I won't play a female.
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

I can play Nathaly. Although I would like to point out I can play characters who are not confrontational....for instance I do crazy well ;p
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I'll take who ever......if there is anyone left
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]I can play Nathaly. Although I would like to point out I can play characters who are not confrontational....for instance I do crazy well ;p[/quote]

Simon, in my experiance, can make any character insane.

[quote]I'd like to play Derrick. I won't play a female.[/quote]

Thats perfectly fine. I don't like to play crossgender characters either. I will be providing two more characters - Bowler wearing toughs that managed to piss the boss off, and as a "punishment" get assigned to "help" this little gang get the cash... so yeah, I'll have extra characters...